Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CatManMoo

Botrytis On Leaves

Well I was hoping I would never have to post here again.......  but here I am :( Some of my poor Snow White Kush leaves have been showing some signs of what I think is Botrytis, or Gray Mold. 

Plants are 16 days into flowering in 7 gallon soil pots.  The temps have been in the mid 70s lights on and dropping to around 68F at night.

I believe this is directly related to humidity.  I have been trying all sorts of ways to get the humidity in check during lights off using my 2 gallon dehumidifier (which fills up and turns off within 8 hours on low).  When the dehumidifier is running on low near the intake for the closet I can keep the rh around 55% at night, which is much better than the 70% it spikes to without.  During the day the rh is around 40%.  There have been a few nights where I have forgotten to turn the dehumidifier on, or it filled up and I forgot to empty in morning causing it to turn off, or I spent the night away from my house and wasn't there to turn it on.  

Last night after discovering the Botrytis I went out and purchased a hose and connected it directly to the dehumidifier and ran it into a drain.  Last night is the first night I have been able to run the dehumidifier continuously on high without worrying about the bucket filling within a few hours.  I am hoping this gets the humidity down further and I will check once the lights come on today at 11am.  

I spent last night cutting off any infected leaves I could find.  It seemed to mostly be on the largest fan leaves.  Things are SO bushy and full on both plants that it seems to make a perfect place for these to grow.  I took off lots of leaves last night and probably could have taken off more but I was already pushing lights off back by 15 min. 

I have been noticing this stuff for a few days but I thought it was just the leaves naturally dying off or maybe that I splashed them with some tea.  Then it started to look kind of like a porous rust on the leaves.  Once I took some macro pics of the leaves I knew something was very wrong.  Although the pics make it looks much worse than it does to the naked eye. Wish I would have done this earlier. 

IMG_4613_zps8089cd94.jpg

IMG_4622_zps85c0a14a.jpg

IMG_4624_zps9889c68c.jpg

IMG_4616_zps92bf8563.jpg

IMG_4618_zps19325340.jpg

IMG_4626_zps9c9084f0.jpg

IMG_4615_zps06ae4798.jpg

I wish I would have taken a pic of the late stage but I forgot... so I stole this pic from another site showing a good example of what some of my underbrush looks like.

boty_zps71ef6418.jpg

Will lowering the humidity and getting the temp above 70F be enough to combat this?  I have read that GreenCure can help eliminate gray mold. 

Peace

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

After some discussion last night I think I may just be freaking out a little bit.  Most of this is probably nute burn from all the tea they have been getting. 

I was able to get the humidity into a nice zone last night by running the dehumidifier directly in the bathroom where the grow closet intake is.  Last night during lights off the highest humidity was 42% with the lowest 34% :)  It's kind of a give and take right now because running the dehumidifier in the closed bathroom makes a good amount of heat. Temps were 82F lights on 75F off last night.  The way I see it is better to have it a little hotter than humid. 

In my panic I cut off lots of the fan leaves.  Hopefully this will benefit me by increasing the airflow and letting the light penetrate a little deeper.  After I spoke with the great staff here I kind of felt like Brittany Spears after she cut off all her hair..

BritSpearsMTX_468x464.jpg

I will keep an eye on everything but I don't see any more of that white stuff on the leaves.

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

That is great news "Britney" lol jk, Were hoping to get more photos soon of your healthy cannabis

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

During lights on the room has been reaching 80F at tops of plants (72F at roots) and 31% humidity.

During lights off the temp drops to 73F and humidity maxes at 43%.

I have been inspecting the plants and have not seen anymore of the white stuff or much more burning. I'll throw I some pics when lights come on.

During lights on the room has been reaching 80F at tops of plants (72F at roots) and 31% humidity.

During lights off the temp drops to 73F and humidity maxes at 43%.

I have been inspecting the plants and have not seen anymore of the white stuff or much more burning. I'll throw I some pics when lights come on.

standing by for new photos,

Wide temp changes will hurt ya, and 80 at the canopy as you know is a bit much.  Id keep it dry as steady as I could, Your humidity is great.

Does anyone have any advice with the above pics?  I think some of it is not mold related and never personally had this problem...

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Does anyone have any advice with the above pics?  I think some of it is not mold related and never personally had this problem...

During a chat night KarrMcdebt and I went over  nutrient overfeeding and think perhaps we found our cause. so yes this was discussed

Good to know. Either a little too hot or too frequent teas :) love em to death I tell ya!

I have to agree Moo.  :D  Leave the girls be! LOLOLOL

Plants were chopped cuz of herms so this can be closed.  Damn hermies