Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EDDIEKIRK

Found MALE Flowers! (solved)

I have pulled all of the plants out of the closet.  For sure the White Rhino has turned male and I am pretty sure the Midwest Specials have been pollinated.  There are little swelling spots that have seeds in them.  Here are some pics off the lower branches of each of the Midwest Specials.

IMG_4511_zpsec9f69d1.jpg

IMG_4512_zps585e3cab.jpg

Peace

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Now that light leaks have been brought to my attention as a possible cause I bet this is due to light leaks and maybe stress from high humidity.  While I have panda film over the window of the room I have been leaving my vegging cabinet cracked open and this puts a little cfl gow in the room that the closet is also in...  About 3-4 nights ago I left the right side unzipped on the closet for a couple hours passed lights off.  There could have been a slight amount of that cfl light leaking into the closet. I noticed it about 5 hours after lights off.  I didn't really think much of it.  My dumb mistake and I bet that is the culprit. 

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Here are pics of my setup eddie:

Veg in standing cabinet/Flowering in Closet

IMG_4516_zps840bc367.jpg

Flowering Closet outside door closed:

IMG_4517_zps2874f857.jpg

Peace

I've Had A lot More Light Than That On Flowering Plants With No Effect.

I've Even Gone Against The Rumor That Roots Needed Absolute Darkness.

I Tried It In A Clear Sterilite Tub With A White Top. Tons Of Light Was All Around The Root

Systems As They Grew Pearly White Roots. Seemed To Love Oxygen More Then

Warm Nutrient Water Or Anything Else. Now I Know That Last Part Has nothing To Do With Your

Situation. Just An Example. You'd Have To Have Really Done Something Wrong. I Can't See It, You Are

A GREAT Grower ! May I Ask How High Was Your Humidity ?

And Hydro Or Soil ? If Hydro What's Your Daytime And Darktime Temps Coming Out To Your Roots ?

Sorry To Hear This Brother. I'm Sure Between You And EK Something Will Be Sorted Out.

Take Care... It Happens To All Of Us At One Time Or Another. Bless You... Brother Will

Goo moo GO! Itll be okay, some of the best genetics are also finicky!  Kak or some ol hippie here could grow aplant without issue, but Id have Herrmies all over. Lots to do with stress IMO, but then again, most seeds you pay for SUCK!   :D 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Cool stuff Brother Will!  This is a soil grow.  The humidity was max/min at 70%/40%.  It would hit the 70% right before the lights went on and 40% right before they went off.  Temps were max/min 78F/68F. 

I am going to try AT's trick of covering the pots with the next plants that are thrown in there to see if that helps keep the humidity down. 

For now these three plants are going to be made into hash.  Thank you everyone for your support and advice you have all been so helpful from day 1!  I'd say we got this one solved. 

Peace

I am wondering about drying and curing these plants to make hash.  I most likely will either do a QWET or make some keif.  I know for a QWET skunk pharm suggest cured to less than 15% water content.

Before the hermies I was planning on drying in the same room that I grow in.  Since these have pollen I am worried about it pollinating the other plants that I have vegging.  How far away do I need to keep these when drying?  Would a closet in the upstairs of the house work?

Have I now contaminated my whole house?? Geez this really sucks!

Curing in the bloom rooms or veg rooms is not recommended cause again your just adding more potential humidity to the rooms.  And maybe you might have contaminated the house. to be on the safe side assume you have. :( sorry

How far away do I need to keep these when drying?  Would a closet in the upstairs of the house work?

You know it may work just fine, but again there is a lot of possibilities and variables. Try and keep em away from the main grows.  I have a jump suit I put on before I go in my rooms now, and then i take it off.

I have several of these I use. :)

$T2eC16RHJIcFHN5miuu-BSJf)!)oj!~~60_35.J

I think it is time to suit up great idea!  So assuming the whole house is contaminated, I need to do a big time bleaching?  Like... murder scene good? LOL  How crazy do I need to get??

I am not so sure it is even a good idea to dry and cure these plants then.  I do not have a room I can stay out of for two weeks, plus the air is going to be on so quarantining might do no good. 

Maybe I will freeze them fresh and save them for when I get around to making my own hash. I have read that a good bubble can be made from fresh frozen material.  Or it just toss it deep-sigh-smiley-emoticon.gif

The easiest thing to do is get a hepa filter going and some larger fans stir it up and let the filter do its job. That a little bleach in water, wipe all your flat services down. Do this maybe three times this month.

Mother nature has a way about her, pollen is not that viable, but you may find a few seeds next go around. 

Just hoover up and you should be fine. High heat and humidity should make the pollen less potent in about a month to 6 months? Even plain water will destroy it .

I would not toss my plants, if I had to I give them to someone to dry, or box em up and put in the trunk of the car or on the roof in a box, lol Find somewhere to store it and dry it.

when folks need to move their plants because a landlord wants to come in, We have them rent a uhaul and setup in there with a extension cord. lol We never throw em out. :)

by Lady Zandra » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:12 pm

Pollen remains viable for about a week out in the open--- raise the humidity in the area to over 65% for 2-3 days-- and keep plants sprayed down with water at first--- they should be fine....

and many plants do not get actual visible pods when they hermie-- some get just small pointy yellow "bananas" inside the female bud-- enough pollen to pollenate that bud and the ones around it- but not as much as an actual male flower--- AND some WILL pop single male flowers deep inside the branches or under a bud where you can't see it-- and pollenate the whole room... been there done that (light leak from a lit multi-plug drop-cord! didn't know the damn thing HAD a light!!!)

If you air out the room, raise the humidity, then air it out again... shoukd be ok.

IF you have an ozone generator--- put it in there (on a timer) for several hours straight after raising the humidity (no plants or other living things in the room!) don't enter the room for at least 2-3 hour AFTER it has been OFF-- and air out the room.... should do it!

But: FIND OUT WHY THEY HERMIED!

Do not take his word that there are no light leaks-- go in there and check for yourself! Lights off and door closed-- you shouldn't be able to see your hand right in front of your eyes--- or any pin-hole light leaks----

if that isn't the case-- fix it, or find a different place to bloom!!

so looks likes the simplest thing to do is get a spray bottle out and fill it with water and spray EVERYTHING including fan blades and lights (turn off cold) down, and you should be good.

where some clean when you go in and out of the room in the future.

I read one place that said to even spray your plants with with water, (lights out cold)

Hmmm I like what I am reading... So if I spray everything down with water, clean the room out (bleach/water), and find a hepa filter I can keep these three plants growing in the closet??  Or that the closet should be good for the next round?

I am going to take offdababa's advice and sit in the closet for a while to patch up any leaks.

I shouldn't have any troubles keeping the humidity above 65% with lights on :) , but I will use my humidifier to make sure it stays that way lights off for 2-3 days. 

i just don't buy into the light leaks thing....if it herms, it's from other forms of stress or genetic, imo. i had an outdoor grow that had a video billboard put up about 150' away right after i planted, not 1 hermied or threw nanners during flower.

. i had an outdoor grow that had a video billboard put up about 150' away right after i planted, not 1 hermied or threw nanners during flower.

That is a point that was made earlier and should be pointed out again. Plants that have ALWAYS had existing light throughout their lives will bloom just fine, It's the sudden or unexpected climactic changes that cause hermies. As well as weak genetics.

:)

Thanks Brim

I Find EK's Answers To Be Perfect. I Too Would Start From The Top Of Everything And Spray Down From

There Down To The Plants {i.e. Your Reflector{s} Clean The Bulbs And Anywhere On The Fixture{s}...

On The Elec. Lines Too {Wet Rag Or Paper Towel}.

Think Microscopic. The Only Thing I Would Suggest Would Be A Dehumidifier That Has A Pre-Filter

And/Or Hemp Filter {EK}  Within. Remember... As That Ambient Air Is Sucked In... It Then Goes Right

Into Water And Then It Blows Out Filtered Air. This Would Be Your Cheapest Way Out For Any Pollen You Are

Trying To Scrub Out Of The Air While Cleaning Or Moving Around. Also For Cheap, That I Use Along

With My Lab's HEPA Filter Is An Ion Generator. With A Collector Device Attached {Comes With Any Unit} Every

Grow Room Should Have One. Off Topic... But On A Roll---> Yes, They Put Out Neg Ions. For Example, Have

You Ever Been Besides Or In Close To A Waterfall ? That's A Nice Feeling Eh ? Other Then Just The Mist And

Water. Those Are Neg. Ions. In Your Rooms They Collect Everything Vying For Your Plants/Never Get Bud Mold

Again, Unless You REALLY Overdo Your Humidity.

{An Ion Generator Makes My HEPA Filters Last Longer-Waterproof Ones Are Extra Expensive.} If You Go HEPA Alone

All You'd Need Is A Reg One That Collects 99.99% You'd Have To Buy The Proper Fan Motor And Encase It.

{Say Either A 12" X 24" One Or Cheaper Depending On Size Of Room. Maybe A 12" X 12" Might Do?}

Given This New Info Brother EK Just Put Up... It Sounds Like All Should Be Well Soon. Much Work Ahead-Pace Yourself

But Don't Put It Off. Oh If You Need Any Disp. Suits For Cheap Let Me Know I'll Give Ya The Store Addy. If In Town I'd give Ya One.

Sorry To Skip Around... But If You Haven't Covered Them Or Taken Them Somewhere Safe Those Pollen Ridden Plants I'd Do It

Immediately & Now. I'd Kief Elsewhere. Quickly Do It Somewhere Else. See If You Can Get Anything Back/Is It Worth It Or Not ?

Also Remember To Change Clothes {Take Some With You}  Before Returning And At The Very Least Wash Your Hair, Beard

And Anything Exposed. You Might Have Fresh Pollen Upon You As Your Walk Back Inside Your Home. Sure Hope Some Of

The Above Made Sense? I'm Sorry, I'm Just A Worry Wart And I Know Like We ALL Do... Just How Much Effort Goes Into This

Humble Experience Of Somewhat Playing God & Creating. Tons Of Work, Thoughts Consumed, Our Health In Many Ways... Good

With The Bad And Money.Thanks Everyone For Letting Me Be A Part Of This. We All Learn...Enjoyed It. Bless You All, Brother Will

Edited by Brother Will

Thank you guys! I'll be getting a hepa filter to help get things under control. I have never heard of an ion generator but it sounds very beneficial, thanks for the knowledge Brother Will. I have a long day of cleaning and soil making ahead of me. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Peace