Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheri

Poor Sleep Harsher on Women

Sleep problems aren't good for anyone, but they may be rougher on women's bodies and emotions, according to a new study on sleep and health.

"Good sleep is related to good health," researcher Edward Suarez, PhD, says in a news release.

"The study suggests that poor sleep -- measured by the total amount of sleep, the degree of awakening during the night, and most importantly, how long it takes to get to sleep -- may have more serious health consequences for women than for men," says Suarez, an associate professor at Duke University's department of psychiatry and behavioral sciences.

Suarez studied sleep surveys and blood samples from 115 men and 95 women.

All participants were healthy. But that didn't mean they slept soundly every night.

Among women, those with worse sleep had more inflammation, anger, hostility, and depressions. It was also tied to higher BMI body mass index

and less sensitivity to insulin.

In men, poor sleep wasn't linked to most of those traits. Men's testosterone levels may protect them, to some extent, Suarez suggests.

The study, published online in Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, doesn't show which came first -- poor sleep or inflammation, emotional distress, and insulin resistance in women.

http://women.webmd.com/news/20080311/poor-sleep-harsher-on-women

e7b57f2f0c61ad10e6d3f7c0bdf59c60.png

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

So yeah this has been a constant discussion between Cheri and I. I like to get up early and she likes to sleep in. I always end up having to remain quiet for the two extra hours everyday . Sometimes she is forced to get up early because she will make comments from under the blankets and I do respond, which makes her have to get up.

Our place is small and there is no other pace for me to go while she sleeps (our bedroom is the grow room and the front room is our bedroom). Our son uses the other room.

We have tried going to bed early and sometime that helps, but she generally gets up mad that she did not get all the sleep she "says" she requires.

Hence this post. Which is directed at me.

So question? Dose anyone else have this problem with there spouse. I need some ammo.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: come on guys dose your wife do this to you?

hey,those who take naps between 5 and 7pm..and complain they cant sleep at nite shouldnt throw stones...th_4v0duw_thjpg.gif

e7b57f2f0c61ad10e6d3f7c0bdf59c60.png

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

Y’all are too cute ❤️❤️ J and are on opposite schedules too , he is up at night and I can sleep earlier. We don’t have much space either in our home . We were sleeping in the living room and it was so hard , one has to be quiet while the other is sleeping, just doesn’t work in small environment lol we moved the bed to the room and now I can remove myself from the up all night time . We have this problem too lol  He is coming to bed and I am getting up , just what is it . I feel for you Cheri , although I don’t sleep in , usually up about 7:30 or so , I like nights as well but if I am tired I was sleep in peace. 😂🥰