• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Graywolf

Southpawws soil and tea mixes

I

what process do you use to determine PPM of amended soil? Very good post BTW, thanks, great info as always wolfy one.

I used a TDSTestr for the PPM and I have pHTestr also, they are the OAKTON meters by Eutech instruments a bit spendy but worth it.

as for process I test the runoff

I

what process do you use to determine PPM of amended soil? Very good post BTW, thanks, great info as always wolfy one.

I used a TDSTestr for the PPM and I have pHTestr also, they are the OAKTON meters by Eutech instruments a bit spendy but worth it.

as for process I test the runoff

yup, come up with the bucks!

I looked at the oakton web site. I can find no ppm/tds meters for soil. Do you guys use the liquid ppm/tds meters to test run off? I would be thrilled to have a ppm/tds meter for soil! Never knew such a thing exiisted. :) Thanks guys and girls! Maybe a link to the ones yall have had good luck with?

Edited by offdababa

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

This is in reference to greywolf stating in his original post "After the mix has set for a month it is then tested. this batch is @ 6.1 Ph, & a PPM of 1150." How did Greywolf determine that the soil held 1150 ppm of ferts? this is very interesting to me.

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

This is in reference to greywolf stating in his original post "After the mix has set for a month it is then tested. this batch is @ 6.1 Ph, & a PPM of 1150." How did Greywolf determine that the soil held 1150 ppm of ferts? this is very interesting to me.

the title of the post is soouthpaws soil mix. ronnieB is southpaw. so you will need to talk to him. he is also the one with the spendy meter. how often do you really use it ronnie? just trying to justify not owning one.

I looked at the oakton web site. I can find no ppm/tds meters for soil. Do you guys use the liquid ppm/tds meters to test run off? I would be thrilled to have a ppm/tds meter for soil! Never knew such a thing exiisted. :) Thanks guys and girls! Maybe a link to the ones yall have had good luck with?

sorry bro these meters are for pools/spaz/fish tanks/hydro and like i said i tested the water in the jar for the PPM after the soil had aged till ready

my words GW just revived the post and I kept testing through out the grow cycle for the PPM fluxuation [run off] and it stayed around the 1150 mark / cept till flower then it needed to change. So if I did it wrong I will eat my GED..

ROFL

And may I add this was just my first go at growing meds these were beginings for where I am today. I NEVER intended for anyone to try and duplicate what I did back then.

the title of the post is soouthpaws soil mix. ronnieB is southpaw. so you will need to talk to him. he is also the one with the spendy meter. how often do you really use it ronnie? just trying to justify not owning one.

Not enough to justify havin it But at the time I thought I was in need STUPID mistakes You can use mine any time leme know I will send it yer way

sorry bro these meters are for pools/spaz/fish tanks/hydro and like i said i tested the water in the jar for the PPM after the soil had aged till ready

Thanks, I get it now :pensif_3:. But wouldn't a PPM/TDS meter you could stick in your soil be great??? :th_emoticons_adu: I have ppm pen for liquid, just trying to make a few conclusions about organic soil as I go here....Thanks everyone.

Thanks for keeping this thread rolling brother RB! What is your latest thinking on tea and soil mixes, that you can share with us?

How is recovery of the feeling in your butt and legs coming?

Please hug the missus and french kiss the puppies for me!

Love, GW

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

2f42e9d4a87fca6ddeddd0fbc0334c70.png

no feelin in the butt, cuz the Dr . almost KILLED me in surgery, left a bleeder and it caused a blood clot which crushed my spinal nerv system L3/4 down, feked up my lower everything, no feelin period

I concidered it, big debate on the molasses vers honey, I would need to see results before switching

but I have reduced the amount of molasses from 1 cup to 1/8 cup or even less and it does not go in till an hour before the brew is to be given to the plants

The price difference between molasses and honey is enormous. The results would have to be astounding for me to switch. Running thru 5 gal buckets of honey? I cant imagine what thatd cost..

To test your soil the meter you want is a energy per gram of soil( ERGS) meter. Or Soil conductivity meter. I have these two models, looks like they are having a combo sale, the PH meter is great but it takes a LOT of maintenance and a different fluid for everything you do, they dont tell you that when you buy it ... The conductivity meter also tells you if salts are too high and if the medium is too dry.  Perfect when shopping for compost to check before you buy... I mix my soil add ACT and check it periodically. Different readings throughout the year, at times going up in nutrients, means your microbes are working hard and your soil is dialed ;)

HANNA HI 99121 + HI 993310, Soil pH + Soil Conductivity Meters

ERGS_METER.jpg
testing_testing.jpg

This meter can save crops and help you rest easy knowing your soil is right.  I love it, easy to calibrate too. Also can check your water to make sure the salinity isnt too high. Great tool to have around for the serious gardener/ farmer.

Helping when I can,

Holistic Organics

Dried Molases (molases sprayed on a carrier, typically bean hulls or similar) seems to do the trick for teas and I put a lil in the soil mix.  Available widely for  $10-$20 for 50 pounds if cost is a issue to you.