• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Graywolf

Southpawws soil and tea mixes

Hi ya'll!

Many of ya'll know pharmer Southpaww and that he grows monster plants. Here is some of what he shared about how he does it!

Southpaww's soil mix:

2 Bales Sunshine #4

2 Bags 100% Organic worm compost [Down to Earth]

3 Bags Worm Castings [wonder worm]

4 Bags Monrovia compost

All these ingredients are hand screened into a Kiddy pool and thoroughly hand mixed.

10 Lbs. Boi fish

12 Lbs. Bio live [2 boxes]

6 Lbs. Fish bone meal

6 Lbs. Bone meal

6 Lbs. Seabird Guano [Peruvian 10-10-2]

6 Lbs. Kelp nmeal

3 Lbs. Oyster shell

3 Lbs. Alfalfa meal

3 Lbs. 100% Humate shale ore [granular]

3 Lbs. Humic Acids [granular]

8 Oz. Pkg. Root Zone [beneficials]

These ingredients are tumbled in a drum until VERY well mixed.

Now the ingredients are screened into the mix and hand mix thoroughly. Water it with a molasses mix [4 gallons] let sit for a week.

Now the complete mix is rescreened to remove any clumps and make sure the mix is blended very well, now the mix will sit for at least a 3 more weeks.

After the mix has set for a month it is then tested.

this batch is @ 6.1 Ph, & a PPM of 1150.

Testing procedure:

1 hand full mix into a quart jar, add RO water, mix, let stand, strain and test the liquid.

This is where the soil starts at, now lettim GROW.

Compost tea formula:

The compost tea brew is no secret it is a basic mix I think,

I start with a 55 gallon drum an air pump and 2 air stones.

in the drum pour the ingredients.

1 bag down to earth organic worm compost

1 bag worm castings

1 C can Kelp meal

1 C canBone meal

1 C can Oyster shell

1 C can Bio live

1 C can Bio fish

1 cup molasses

after 24 hrs. you can foliar spray it after that it must be diluted 1:4 ratio as a foliar spray

I water 1 gallon every other watering of tea the rest is RO water.

Flower tea formula:

1/2 bag worm castings

1 C can Kelp meal

1/2 box Bat Guano [1 with zero nitrogen]

1 cup molasses

watering once a week for 6/7 weeks then just RO water till harvest.

I also found a better Guano [marine bird guano] it is finer and has almost no sediment left after the brew is done. the brand is Primal Harvest a natural bloom fert. 0-12-1, plus I add 2 cups bone meal [forgot it earlier].

figure a 5 gallon bucket with material and stones room for spillage you will only get maybe 3 gallons of tea, do the 35 gallon drum you have. and it will last for a long time with the air stones going,

my brewer is on the back patio and the temp go with mother nature.

spend the $$ get 1 with multiple ports and is rebuildable , mine is a General Hydroponics about $70.00

PLUS I run RO water.

Southpaww

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

2f42e9d4a87fca6ddeddd0fbc0334c70.png

Rock on! :2abc1509-f799-4aec-ba8a-2c16f57

Thanks for posting that, and send Ronnie my thanks for sharing it :2abc1509-f799-4aec-ba8a-2c16f57

thank you GW for the post.

I might mention the soil mix is for indoor grow. I do it differently outside.

I have also simplified the tea brew, no more veg brew now, just a bloom tea, and some hand mixed feeding.

I will share but it seems every grow I change how i do it for the cheapest grow with the greatest results.

this years girls

Tangerine Dream, Super Lemon Haze, Pineapple Express, LSD, Kandy Kush, Sweet Island Skunk, Vanilla Kush, Blacbberry Kush, Silvertip, & 2 Williams Wonders,

Where I have run into the most trouble trying to do this soil, how do you store it to mix it? If I use a 55 gallon barrel, it goes anaerobic so quickly, it is hard to keep up with. if it sits in a kiddie pool, it dries out...

Split the difference, and put in kiddie pools covered with plastic??

***WARNING***

Nothing I say is true, safe, or reasonable. Disregard any and all information I give, I have no idea what I am talking about.

Where I have run into the most trouble trying to do this soil, how do you store it to mix it? If I use a 55 gallon barrel, it goes anaerobic so quickly, it is hard to keep up with. if it sits in a kiddie pool, it dries out...

cut the recipe. his grows are huge.

cut the recipe. his grows are huge.

if by huge you mean one of these

guess i need to work on pic posting where did it go

Edited by RHBJR

um.... 24 x 10 and 15 gallon pots... plus the veg room and pot-ups.

:2abc1509-f799-4aec-ba8a-2c16f57

so: how do I mix all this up, and get it to age well? half full 55 gallon drums, and flip them end to end every few days? big pile in the kiddie swimming pool, and cover with plastic? Stearlite tubs, and hand turn with kids shovels?

***WARNING***

Nothing I say is true, safe, or reasonable. Disregard any and all information I give, I have no idea what I am talking about.

if by huge you mean one of these guess i need to work on pic posting where did it go

Hi bro! What size picture did you try to send? If it is larger than about 800 X 600, you will have problems.

If you don't have an edit program, and will send it to me via my e-mail address, I will edit it to 800 X 600 and post it for you.

Hugz and kisses (Lola)!

the garden, the tall one is the Tangerine Dream, then Pineapple express,blackberry kush, & silvertip,

Ronnie

Picture number 5 wouldn't load for me either, even after resizing, but I think these four make the point. Hee, hee

JD

Ronnie\'s garden-1.jpg

Ronnie\'s garden-2.jpg

Ronnies garden-3.jpg

Ronnie\'s garden-4.jpg

This is an understatement, but.... Very nice! :thumbs-up-animated-3-3-2:

what process do you use to determine PPM of amended soil? Very good post BTW, thanks, great info as always wolfy one.

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else.