Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

P8ntxtremist

Dabber Dan's one run QWET

Whip ordered.  :banana_smiley_40: Will be here tomorrow.  Gotta love Amazon prime!!!!

I had a few questions:

1) Do you only use one canister per 2 minute run or are you changing them during the time?

2) How broken up do I need the herb?

3) Do you do second runs?

I still need to figure out how to use my vacuum purger but one step at a time :)

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Nice! I have the 1 litre and the pint sized.

if I'm using fluffy nugs, I charge and release over and over for 2 minutes, then strain. If I'm using dense nugs, I break them up by hand to expose all the trichomes, then charge once and let it sit for two minutes before releasing and straining.

Remember to use 190 proof if you want to make oil!

The vacuum is really simple. Can you take a picture so I can see what your chamber setup looks like? :)

I got a bottle of 190 proof Everclear to work with.  Here is my chamber set up:

$_35.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281339608907

Peace

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Kill it Moo, your movin full speed ahead man! Love it and nice piece of equipment ya gotcher self :D

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Nice!!! That is exactly my setup! Its consistently pulled a full vacuum and the lid is solid!

i like to line my vacuum ptfe sheet, just so its easy to collect In case any comes off the pad or sheet your using.

I basically do all my evaporating by air, then transfer it over to the vacuum to finish. I often vac purge at room temperature when using 190 proof. It just takes a day or two longer then purging at 115 degrees.

Nice stuff here guys! Love to see the extractions :D 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

I can't wait to see some new stuff!

This is by far my favorite extraction method.

I'm currently using up the last of my 99 percent isopropyl because i have it on hand, then I'll be switching back to ethanol and nitrous oxide.

All other extractions pull to many harsh plant waxes into the aromatic oil.

You ever freeze the extraction before evaporating to winterize or is this even necessary?  I have cleaned up some BHO this way. 

You ever freeze the extraction before evaporating to winterize or is this even necessary?  I have cleaned up some BHO this way. 

Now your learnin me Moo, and thanks Xtremeist for the shots and knowledge too! No pics, didnt happen. lol

Woo Hoo.  Can't wait to see what Graywolf comes up with! 

Thats what I was thinkin :D 

:getting-stoned:

I packed some aromatic material into a one quart ISI and froze it and a jug of Clear Springs 190 proof/95.6% grain ethanol to -4F.

Next day we gathered and after stuffing some stainless wool into the opening to hold the material in place, we added the chilled alcohol and charged the system with three cartridges.

I shook it well and stuck it back into the freezer for the remainder of a 3 minute soak.

After three minutes, we discharged the N2O into balloons to pass around, and when the pressure had been relieved, removed the lid and dumped the contents.

The alcohol had little color, so we returned them to the container and ran an additional 6 minutes.

At 6 minutes, the alcohol solution was still not dark, but had picked up a hint of green, so I left it on the window sill in a Mason jar for a day, bathed in sunlight, which turned it light amber.

Monday Eloquentsolution should be back, so I can get a vacuum chamber from the lab and remove the alcohol, while retaining the carboxylic acids.

Microscopic examination also reveals that there is still a large amount of resin left, so I've dried the material and will freeze it for another cycle.  We will keep this cycle separate from the first and will have them both tested by GC/MS when done.

PS:  The N2O from the balloons was terrible to inhale, because of the strong alcohol fumes. 

I sure am glad I like rolling my meds :LOL:

Very interesting thanks for sharing your experiment!  When you put the jar in the sunlight and it turns amber what is happening?

Next time I am going to do a much longer soak.  Funny about the balloons of N2O tasting like crap after I always wondered if you could do that.  Can't wait to see the test results!

I find Greywolfs words worth pondering and I google the big words I dont understand. LOL.  I havent ran across better or more honest info in my time online, okay maybe one guy.  :LOL:   Moo, I think your a mad scientist at heart. I think your amoungst the best help  :D