Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bama girl

need help with mold

I have a problem with mold. I have been folier spraying actinovate once a week as directed. it has not helped. i soiled feed it yesterday with it but can use only ever 8 weeks that way. does anybody have any ideas on killing mold. i have used products that treat it but not kill it. how to prevent it. growing in closet with 2 44 in t5. using 2 fans for air. Any help would be great.

I agree, mold is a environmental issue.   High humidity, lack of air circulation/ventilation, over watering can contribute.....If all else fails a ionizer and/or a fan with a carbon filter in the room can work, but I see these as unnecessary measures.  If your enviornment is under control, these problems seldom come up IME. 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

I have also encountered powdery mildew problems recently. I've tried Serenade and Actinovate, but they seem more effective as preventatives rather than cures. I found some information on the Mandala Seed site that looks helpful: http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Marijuana-Mildew. I'm trying GreenCure right now, said to be both a preventative and a cure, based on potassium bicarbonate. Mandala also recommends lecithin-based products, such as Eco Smart (found at Lowes), but I have not tried that yet. Jorge Cervantes recommends hydrogen peroxide, I have sprayed hydrogen peroxide mixed 50/50 with water, and it seems to kill the mold.

Let me hear what works for you, I'll check back in with my results if I can confirm anything about these products.

ive also found hydrogen peroxide to work for me in the past

GOT THE GROWING BUG I DO

TRYING AGAIN LOW RIDER # 2 AND CROP KING SEEDS EARLY MISS AUTO FEM

CROP KING SEEDS NORTHERN LIGHTS AUTO FEMS

running coco using JAKES THREE PART FERTILIZER AND JAKES ROOT GROWTH STIMULANT ,AND JAKES vb-1 VITAMIN B-1

I use to have a lot of mold issues, mainly in my veg area when it would get crowded. I am pretty much at my limit for electrical output with fans and lights (have a dehumidifier in flower room).  Seems I was constantly spraying with something...GreenCure worked well for me, as certain strains seemed more susceptible like Lemon Kush, but then it would spread to others. It becomes frustrating to have to keep spraying!! Then I found Eagle20 which is somewhat controversial. I would never, ever use in flower, but I spray ONCE when very small, and have not seen 1 spot of mold in over 2 years.

Then I found Eagle20 which is somewhat controversial. I would never, ever use in flower, but I spray ONCE when very small, and have not seen 1 spot of mold in over 2 years.

Thanks Suzycrmcheese. im going to include the MSDS (pdf)

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/mp6dg003.pdf

Then I found Eagle20 which is somewhat controversial. I would never, ever use in flower, but I spray ONCE when very small, and have not seen 1 spot of mold in over 2 years.

Thanks Suzycrmcheese. im going to include the MSDS (pdf)

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/mp6dg003.pdf

I wear a mask when I spray, with good ventilation or outside.  They use it on fruit trees and grapes.

right on for veg Suzy.. and boneless right on n the h2o2 kills it dead but dont prevent it from coming back.. also if you heat your room up over a 100f for a hour or more at least once a week the mold dies in the air.. then pray h202 mix on plants and walls and floor every few days till you dont see it any more right before lights off as to not burn the top leafs from the heat... the thing that causes it more then anything is large temp swings from lights on and off.. pm mold can start in high or low rh... and make sure you check all plants every day and spot spray or pull off bad infected leafs.. and up air flow

Edited by kak1963

u cant save a strain unless you give it away