• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EDDIEKIRK

epsom salt and cannabis

AAR-20002-1.jpg

http://www.cannabis.info/USA/library/5976-using-epsom-salts-in-your-organic-cannabis-garden/

Epsom salts (also known as hydrated magnesium sulfate, MgSO4 + 7H2O) have been used for centuries to treat human ailments, as well as providing a reliable, traditional tool for gardeners experiencing magnesium deficiencies. The salts were discovered imbuing the spring waters of Epsom, England, and are often used by gardeners as a folk-wisdom plant remedy.

As Cannabis is indeed a plant, and plants require nutrients, one common scourge of growers is the constant necessity of purchasing, using and dispensing of gallons of nutrient solutions. Various macro- and micro-nutrients can be provided in a myriad of forms; however, these days, much more emphasis is being placed upon keeping Cannabis gardens as organic as possible. Well-maintained, clean, organic grow rooms and gardens tend to produce the best-tasting, highest quality buds, which are also safer for medical patients to consume.

Epsom salts provide both magnesium (Mg) and sulfate (SO4, an ester or salt of sulfuric acid) in a gentle form that is easy for Cannabis plants to process - one that does not build up in soil over time. This home remedy is also simple to use, inexpensive and a highly-soluble supplement for organic Cannabis growers. However, Epsom salts are usually only applied to plants that are visibly lacking in magnesium, or strains that are typically magnesium-deficient.

Why do Cannabis plants need magnesium?

Magnesium allows plants to uptake phosphorous (P), nitrogen (N) and sulfur (S) from soil. Plants that are deficient tend to show yellowing leaves, which may remain green at the leaf veins. Magnesium deficiencies cause a different yellowing effect than nitrogen shortages or spider mite damage; be certain to correctly diagnose excesses and deficiencies in your plants before adjusting your nutrients, or you may burn the plants while worsening whatever deficiency ails them.

t1371215287174.jpg

Yellowing leaves with green veins may be a sign that your plants are magnesium-deficient.

Magnesium facilitates the creation of chlorophyll and is thus critical for photosynthesis. The element also strengthens cell walls, assisting the plant in maintaining its structure and vitality. If you notice slow growth, a slight curling of the leaves and a yellowing of the leaf color (typically beginning towards the bottom of the plant), there is a good chance that your plants are magnesium-deficient. These plant symptoms are often referred to within the growing community as 'praying for magnesium'. Begin with small doses to test the results, which you should see in about four days.

Concerning Cannabis flowers - and potentially seeds - magnesium is essential to a healthy yield. Those growing either for or from seed should note that magnesium also plays a vital role in both seed production and germination.

Why is sulfur necessary for weed plants?

Read more http://www.cannabis.info/USA/library/5976-using-epsom-salts-in-your-organic-cannabis-garden/

I'm not sure if you can use it in place of Cal/mag, though I have never had to use cal/ mag because I use dolomite lime. 

anyway someone more knowledgeable should be here soon.

I use it all the way through the plant's life adding one-half Teaspoon to five gallons. every time i water.

I might be killing my plants,. lol but iot seems to be working.

Last night

90621ec5aaacc4d586e712eb06682ca3.png

Epson salt is pure Mg pretty much, it is a MG source. Do not try to replace dolomite lime or other cal mg source with Epson salt, you will lack the Ca that the plant needs much more of than Mg. Ca is almost a macro-nutrient really and first after NPK.   You can add it to your nutes or water, whatever suits your fancy. Dosage is going to depend on plant stage, previous feedings, ect.  

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Epson salt is pure Mg pretty much, it is a MG source. Do not try to replace dolomite lime or other cal mg source with Epson salt, you will lack the Ca that the plant needs much more of than Mg. Ca is almost a macro-nutrient really and first after NPK.   You can add it to your nutes or water, whatever suits your fancy. Dosage is going to depend on plant stage, previous feedings, ect.

I use cal/mag a few times while plants are in 12/12 but haven't used it yet this grow and a few leafs are showing signs of mag deficiency . The plants have been in flower for three weeks now so I was thinking a little Epson would help until I get some cal/mag.   Thanks for the info Offdababa! 

Edited by RonVonWeeden

Epsom salts can help if you have nute lockout. The sulfur basically makes the plant force intake the nutes.
Also helps with a general intake of nutes. Don't use it too much though and very little of it in my opinion.

http://www.cannabis.info/us/abc/30005976-using-epsom-salts-in-your-organic-cannabis-garden

Epsom salts can help if you have nute lockout. The sulfur basically makes the plant force intake the nutes.

Also helps with a general intake of nutes. Don't use it too much though and very little of it in my opinion.

http://www.cannabis.info/us/abc/30005976-using-epsom-salts-in-your-organic-cannabis-garden

I've always added a pinch of Epsom salt to every five gallons of water  Both for veg and bloom. but did know it could help with nute lock. Thanks SRG

Great Thread ! I Will Never Forget The Benefit{s} Of Epsom Salts. I've Used A Teaspoon Per Gallon

Once They Are Approx 3 Weeks To A Month Old/Then Used When Needed. Thanks Very Much. Peace, BW