Fall Giveaway Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CatManMoo

Striped leaves

A couple of the plants have been showing a light colored striping in their leaves.  I checked into deficiencies and from my limited knowledge it seems to be nitrogen since it is starting at the tips of the leaves (from what I can tell).  The plants at day 45 and were just fed 1/2 strength nutes with Fridays watering.  

Neptunes Harvest Seaweed 0-0-1

1/2 strength = 1 1/2 tsp/ gallon

Alaska Fish 5-1-1

1/2 strength = 2 tsp/ gallon

They all need water now but I was planning on feeding every other watering which would be the next time.  I have been reading about nute lock out and don't want this to occur.  Does this look nitrogen related?  If so, should I feed them with today's watering? What strength? 

Here are some pics:

IMG_3971_zpsc24ff51b.jpg

IMG_3973_zps3f939560.jpg

Peace

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

That is not N related I dont think.  I would give it a good dose of P and K, since there is little of it in the nutes your givin to em.  Looks like early P deficiency to me.   Also a dose of cal-mg is they are not getting that from any source.  Could be locked out I suppose, over watering, PH, ect.. I think she just wants somethin other than N. lol. 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

not nitrogen, at a glance, maybe phosphorous?

You don't have much in your nutes. would be my first guess.

yup

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Sorry for the short response.  This is 45 days from sprout in one gallon plants.  This info might help:

How long has this problem been going on? On off a week or so
What STRAIN are you growing? White Rhino and Snow White Kush.  Both strains showing signs
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) Seed
What is the age of your plants? 45 days since sprout
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 22 days
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? No, only Promix
How Tall are the plants? 8-16"
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Veg?
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) None
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 1 gallon
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Vic Highs recipe using promix as base and about 15% perlite
What brand Nutrient's are you using? Neptunes seaweed 0-0-1 and Alaska Fish 5-1-1
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*

Alaska Fish 5-1-1

How often are you feeding? Every other watering.  Started at 1/4 strength, have been fed 2x (1/4, 1/2 strength)
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) I put seaweed first in gallon jug, then add alaska fish, then water.
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? 0-0-1 and 5-1-1
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? ????
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? ?? never
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
How often are you watering?  2x a week, waiting until plants are dry 1-2" down in top soil.   I water until I get runoff and pot feels heavy.
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?  Last feeding was friday and they got 1/2 strength

Alaska Fish 5-1-1

What size bulb are you using? Sun blaze (4)- 2' T5
How old is your bulbs? Brand new
What is the distance to the canopy? 6-10" depending on plant height, lights on 24/7
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) 25-35%
What is the canopy temperature? 72-75F
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) 70-75F
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)  I have a fan that is moving air in the box and I keep the door cracked open 6"
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? See above, like this 24/7
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?  Pointed at but not directly blowing on them, from above
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?  No I let it get very dry before watering
Is your water HARD or SOFT?  Not sure, I bought a kit to test.  Hard from tap, but soft from sink because of water softener, I let water sit out for days before using.
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? SOme feedings I have been with bottled water jugs bought at store, for watering I use the water that has been sitting out. Mostly because I bought a few gallon jugs to use as mixers and just used the water that was in them instead of dumping it out.  I think its spring water. 
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) 
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen)
Are you using water from a water softener?  I do not think so.   I have looked and I do not thinkt that the softener is hooked up to the line I take water from. but I could be wrong. 
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? Topped two days ago, was showing signs of striping before the topping.
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?  No
Are plant's infected with pest's?
No

Edited by CatManMoo

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

It is on both new and old growth but I will check when I get home to see if it is more concentrated on one or the other. 

my first thought is UP POT, they might be root bound… I am not totally sure it looks that way but that could make them look very rugged and sick, I have been through that many years ago when I didn't know and was devastated they just started looking bad al of a sudden, but 1 gallon and they're growing good in 45 days, I would have transplanted to bigger pots with new (nutrient rich) soil mix… give it a few days and water only for a week or so would be my tip… but again, not 100% that is the issue but I think an up pot to nice new soil would help… also I would have gone full bore on the nutrients already but I feed worm castings and beneficial so pretty light solutions…

Do you know the quality of your water?? As I am not at all familiar with your particulars the above is the best tip I can give… could be something wrong with the water too… that would possibly screw with the pH and nutrient uptake…

I bought a hydro water test kit this weekend and will test the watering I have been using to water them today at lunch.  

I tested the water with this hydro test kit.  Frickin $20 for a 1x use kit.  Guess I didnt really read it before I bought it. lol  This is the water that has been sitting out for at least a week.  I took it from what I think is an unsoftened faucet.  I tested the various soils with the probe I got from the Depot and all had phs 6.7-7.0. 

Test showed no pestecides in water.  Also iron was 0.  The bacteria test will be done in 48 hours. Now for the good stuff....

IMG_3981_zps50d6bbcb.jpg

And a photo of a younger leaf showing signs.

IMG_3983_zps0c1682c0.jpg

Right! I'm going to get more test strips to double check now

Bummer,,,, for the same money,,,, or less than the test tabe, you might want to make one of these part of your tool kit,,,

you just can't assume the water is good, organic, soil, hydro,, ya gotta know the water

Test kits and strips are expensive for constant checking, these instruments from the links below will last a year and are cheap and will save your grow and let you know if the water changes,,, or you want to check things about soils, really handy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Pocket-PH-Meter-Tester-Pen-LCD-Monitor-Aquarium-Pool-Water-Laboratory-/201002584942?pt=US_Garden_Tools&hash=item2eccb00b6e

Has ATC,, ( automatic temp compensation that the severely cheap China ones don't! ) and can be adjusted or calibrated with a standard solution like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Milwaukee-M10007-pH-7-01-Buffer-Calibration-Solution-3x20ml-HANNA-HI70007-/271134230359?pt=US_Garden_Tools&hash=item3f20dc0757

Thanks for the links Pete! I really need to add that to my kit. The test strips confirm ph over 8.4, an alkaline level over 180 ppm and high hardness. I checked my sink water and the line I thought was unsoftened and both are showing similar results. Grrrr wish I would have checked this sooner. This is the water I have been using for watering a but the feeding water has come from store bought 1 gallon jugs.The plants are very thirsty and I don't think I can put off watering for another day. How should I proceed?

Edited by CatManMoo

Your going to want to make some good water in a couple five gal buckets get the ph and water ppm correct and water up, even flushing at this point as much water as you have made up,

Im going to say not to add any nutrients right now, Just water

I say it's defiantly potassium. If your rocking organic most animal derived product like guanos fish emulsions alfalfa blood meals most manures all have good amounts of K in them I'd say your gett I n problems from ph I'd suggest getting a ph meter and brewing up a good tea or regular use of the nutes u have but add a Lil extra of the items you have with K which is the last number on the bottle don't go over load but a few millimeters more and get your ph on check or get a organic nutes program like general organics line which doesn't require ph adjustments

[center][url="http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/8254-garden-of-blazen/?view=findpost&p=77193"][color=#006400][size=5][b]The Garden of Blazen[/b][/size][/color][/url][/center]

[center][img]http://i.gyazo.com/f963f7b5090a9774b99e5ab9981be1e5.png[/img][/center]

Great I will grab some buckets and get them filled up. What do you suggest I use to bring ph down?

I remember reading vinegar can be used.

Or as eddie said no nutes just straight ph water then brew a nice tea if you want I can hook ya up with a few I have and work incredibly just PM for info

[center][url="http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/8254-garden-of-blazen/?view=findpost&p=77193"][color=#006400][size=5][b]The Garden of Blazen[/b][/size][/color][/url][/center]

[center][img]http://i.gyazo.com/f963f7b5090a9774b99e5ab9981be1e5.png[/img][/center]

Great I will grab some buckets and get them filled up. What do you suggest I use to bring ph down?

Don't let anyone tell you that vinegar will work because it won't.

I;ll look for something you might have in the house.  BRB

I have since read and been advised by members that vinegar also will work

Don't let anyone tell you that vinegar will work because it won't.

I;ll look for something you might have in the house.  BRB

Do you happen to have any lemon juice in the house?  And why not just buy a cheap bottle of PH down?

see this

And lemon is a pretty weak acid so its going to take a bunch check after adding 3Tbs to 5 gal

This wont last long cause like I say lemon is a pretty weak acid