• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

offdababa

How to brew Organic Teas for plant food. Cheap and easy.

Very Nice!!! I do an almost identical Tea Brew to this one. 

I have tried lots of ways, but I aint seen a better way, overall.   Very cool Zero,  Ya do anything different, have anything to add I missed? This is kinda a Tea brewing 101, as I remember when people told me of doing this I was like "what the...." lol .  One thing Ill say is couple shots of molasses will sustain the tea for a day or two, feeding the microbes, but don't be one that uses gallons of the stuff. lol. 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

way cool odb im looking into making teas when i go organic this summer great job freind

GOT THE GROWING BUG I DO

TRYING AGAIN LOW RIDER # 2 AND CROP KING SEEDS EARLY MISS AUTO FEM

CROP KING SEEDS NORTHERN LIGHTS AUTO FEMS

running coco using JAKES THREE PART FERTILIZER AND JAKES ROOT GROWTH STIMULANT ,AND JAKES vb-1 VITAMIN B-1

How far will a 5 gallon bucket go?

It depends on how much nutrients you put in the bucket.   If you brew a weak tea with little nutrients, it may feed a few plants.  If you make a strong tea with much nutrients and dilute it down with water as you feed the plants a 5 gallon bucket of tea could feed a large flowering room.  If you amend your soil heavily as I do, you would need less tea as well. If you amend your soil lightly like Dudz and Eloquent solution do, you would need more tea.   if you had a 2-3K flower and a large veg area this two bucket system would be fine.  

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

How much of each part do you put in the 5 gallons? Would you consider this a strong or weak tea? To be stretched over how many plants/sizes?

Where is a good place to buy alfalfa? I know the grow shop has it but it has to be cheaper elsewhere.

How much of each part do you put in the 5 gallons? Would you consider this a strong or weak tea? To be stretched over how many plants/sizes?

Where is a good place to buy alfalfa? I know the grow shop has it but it has to be cheaper elsewhere

I have no exact recipe, it always depends on what the plant wants or what I am trying to accomplish with the tea.   Here is a link to tea recipes though. http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/3088-tea-recipies/

It is very hard to mess up. The parameters for success are wide.

With that said...I dumped maybe 2.5 handfuls of Kelp, 1.5 of alfalfa grass, three or four of the EWC and maybe a quarter hand full each of the bat guanos.  This tea is for young plants growin in Pro-mix.  The EWC provide the little beasties, Kelp for K, Alfalfa for N and TCN  :D , and the bat guano gives me some P, while the Mexican variety gives another source of N to the young plants starting to veg.  I will scoop a few cups of this tea into every couple gallons water as I feed them.   I think this tea is probably average strength for its intended usage.   Ill water perhaps 10 20 gallon totes with it.  

I always suggest getting your Alfalfa and other soil amendments from your local farm store!  $20 should buy you a 50 pound bag of Alfalfa. 

Brewing my first batch of tea tonight.  Just a few questions:

1) If I use a pantyhose, do I put the airstone into the pantyhose packed with the ingredients?

2) My airpump has two ports and I have two airstones.  I am just brewing up 2 gallons of tea.  Do I need both stones in the brew or is one enough?

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

1) If I use a pantyhose, do I put the airstone into the pantyhose packed with the ingredients?

2) My airpump has two ports and I have two airstones.  I am just brewing up 2 gallons of tea.  Do I need both stones in the brew or is one enough?

Put the airstone/s right in the bag. Two is better than one. (You need to weigh it down)

odb to keep ur nylons wet lol go to a wrecking yard or a metal shop and pick up a piece of stainless steal plate put it in the nylon as well as yur tea nutes no more floating panty hose my bro!!!

Thanks brother! Good tip! I got a piece of stainless sumthin around im sure! Great idea!  

also in my opinion and its just mine but a tblsp of blackstrap molasses per 5 gal bucket sure speeds up the micro herd.By the way i sure like yur dog!!!

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus. As always great info man!  And that is the BEST list of ingredients I have seen, thanks for sharing that man, Im sure Ill reference that frequently.  BTW man, we need to catch up, ring me up sometime man! Been too long. 

EK has ya sorted I think, good luck MOO! Sorry I was away and didnt provide a answer for ya's.

Offtobaba:

would it be ok to feed once a week with my fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom nutes and then use the guano tea the next week or will the fox farm kill the microbes in the soil?

I use the fox farm BB and TT at 1/2 strength. I was thinking following you method and adding my ff nutes the last hr or so of brew .

Something like this:

1.  Brew your tea in a five gallon bucket and cut that in half with water making ten gal

2.  Add my fox farm nutes at 1/4 to half strength the last hr or so of brew time.

3. feed as needed

Or should I dump the ff big bloom and tiger bloom and use tea only ? I do use a product called sea green for a soil drench.

-Ron

One more thing Offdababa:

I use ocean forest soil cut with perlite and let my plants use up the nitrogen in the soil so no need for fox farm grow big .  I do like using the big bloom and tiger bloom through flower with a little cha ching half way through  with a good flush before harvest.

With having a little more time around the house these days I'm thinking making tea would be fun plus beneficial to my plants. 

Just call me newbee! lol

Any suggestions would be much appreciated..

I use ocean forest soil cut with perlite and let my plants use up the nitrogen in the soil so no need for fox farm grow big .  I do like using the big bloom and tiger bloom through flower with a little cha ching half way through  with a good flush before harvest.

With having a little more time around the house these days I'm thinking making tea would be fun plus beneficial to my plants. 

Just call me newbee! lol

My suggestion would be not to use fox farm and grow organically. :D    You  could use the soil and tea it heavy until you have it down for a plant or two, then switch out the soil if you wish....

Just call me newbee! lol

My suggestion would be not to use fox farm and grow organically. :D    You  could use the soil and tea it heavy until you have it down for a plant or two, then switch out the soil if you wish....

Your saying  stop using FF nutes but its ok to use the FF soil ?  what medium mix would you suggest with the tea after I dump the FF nutes?

Thanks

FF or any soil of your choice will work, I prefer sunshine mix or pro mix and a bunch of course perlite.   I also ammend my soil quite a but with goods from the farm store, so I dont have to teas as often.  You can add nothing to the soil of your choice and heavily tea the plants, or you can ammend heavily and barely tea, or anywhere in between.  It is much a matter of preference IMO.  I will happily help ya through it if interested.  

anyway you want it, if you make it a individual topic you will get more responses from folks prolly, but whatever suits your fancy man.  Im down for whatever. LOL

Lol :

I'm running 6 plants in three gal pots and just put them on 16/8 for three days and then 12/12 for flower. my plants in veg are living on the ff soil with no nutes.

I have been using the ff big bloom and Tiger bloom with a little molasses and sea green mixed  then ph before water.

4x4x7 space

600 watt

super crop style

I have been following the ff feeding schedule minus all the other junk they suggest and cutting there feeding amount in half.

I just picked up a bunch of Roots organics samples of guano and seabird, will this work ?

http://www.beneficialbiologics.com/index.php/sea-green

http://www.aurorainnovations.org/phos-bat-guano.html     0-7-0

http://www.aurorainnovations.org/seabird-guano-rootsorganics.html  0-12-0

-Ron

Edited by RonVonWeeden

One thing that stands out to me immediately is sea green appears to be a supplement, adding bacteria and so forth...and the last two are only P no N or K.   So as a set for a nutrient regime they seem a odd fit, but each could be used and have their place.   If you want to stop spending your $ and time on growing and want a near fool proof method I highly recommend looking at these posts.

http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/4756-vic-highs-old-school-organic-soils/

http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/5452-organic-soil-mix/

http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/3088-tea-recipies/

This style of growin usually doesn't require much from the hydro store.  I am not one to get the last 10% out of a plant, 5%? I am lazy, cheap and have better things to do then fondle weeds all day :D  So consider my perspective. LOL. 

I too don't have the time to babysit plants all day so what I am looking for is a simple tea recipe with a feeding schedule, The soil mix and all in the post you sent me sound good if I had the room to store everything plus I'm only growing 6 plants for my wife's needs.

The super crop method I use is two fill out my room without doing all the tie down crap and I could care less about huge harvest, I just want clean chem free meds.

Thank you for the help and info..  I will keep reading on!

-Ron