Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sinful

new 400 watt garden for 500 bucks from the ground up

hmmmm.

Roots aren't as happy white, they have browned a bit.  I was running the water level a bit higher to clean everything off, I think I will drop it from 25 gallons back down to 15 gallons this weekend, and do another nutrient change.

Day 5.

54407c998f5e30eafaaba63ca37307c0.jpg

pH at 6.3, will drop it back down to 5.5 when it hits 6.5....

i keep my water 1'2 inch below my cups keep a liitle air gap , then add back fresh 6.0 water as needed but not to exceed one third my res .ex my res is 14 gallons when i add back 4 gallons  ichange out my res i dont let the water level get much under 2 inches from the bottom of net cups 

i try to keep closer to 6 anything lower i tend to have lockouts

lookin good ,stayin tuned 

well, today "yipee" has gone to "oh damn"...

They touch. Everywhere, side to side, front to back, they touch.  I am at day 6 and they touch.  There is 400% more leaf than there was not even a week ago.

i will wait another couple days, take clones, and spray with Yield Booster from Rhizobiotics, probably day 8, sunday.  Will be time to  change out the nutes.  

I still have not connected a reservoir.  Until I know how much water extra it needs, it is difficult to guess at the size required.  I figured a 5 gallon bucket, up on a table next to the tent, would work, with a float valve at the 15gallon mark on the plants tub.  fill 5 gallon bucket as needed with tap water.

Does res need airstones?

e627091c8ff6cac0bd9c7442618f89b8.jpg

This morning, I emptied about 9 gallons out of the tub.  it went from touching the bottom 1/2 inch of basket, to being about 2.5 inches under the baskets.  This puts more bubbles into less water, should help with DO levels, plus lets me get away with even less nutes!  Cheap is good!

In another week you wont be able to see the tote, week after that the tent will appear inflated with all the plants wanting out. lol 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

From the thickness of the stalk you would expect the plant to be like 5X that size.  LOL, Mad training skills man. 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

fbb5b66229327fdaf6665c5ee0a55f96.jpg

dawn, day 11 of bloom.

This is a 2x4 tent.  those leaves at the bottom/front of the plants are about 12" blades.  these things are HUGE!

I will have to get another EC meter for hydro.  I used my truncheon (bluelab) when I first tested the nutes, and got an ec of 1.0.  for this run, I am hoping to paint by numbers, and only use a pH meter to keep the nutes from locking out.  Weekly changes in an oversized res should allow me some forgiveness.

That said, after this round, I think I want a continuous ec/pH meter.  

and maybe an ultrasonic fogger, so I can lower my water lever, but keep the humidity up for the protruding roots.

Oh, and as for cost, this whole thing, build veg and bloom, with pllenty of nutes left over, will still be under 500 bucks, if I had purchased a smaller quantity of nutes:

tent        2dx4wx5h                         100

400 watt ballast-digital                    100

bulb                                                  30

econo hood                                      35

air pump/hose/stones/                      22

5" baskets x2/bulkhead                      1

nutes -                                               60

tote    30 gallon rubbermaid              15

4 inch duct fan                                  75

timer                                                  10

clip fan (goodwill)                                5

total                                                 456

PLUS

z7                                                       20

35W AIR PUMP AND STONES     40

FAN                                                      5

TOTAL                                             521

so as long as I can get this to survive, I should have about 6-8 oz for a 500 dollar investment.  Then, it will run about 50 bucks a round in cleaning suppllies, hydroton balls, and nutes.  Not Bad.  now if I can just get it right.

I added a 40 dollar air pump, but can remove 12 bucks worth of air pump. and add 12 bucks for air stones and air line.

I have also added another fan from goodwill, 5 bucks.

So I am still in just over 500 bucks this round.

Oh, and sm90 is on total backorder from sunlight supply, not sure when my bottle will show.

this morning's update!

IMAG0274_zpsyh3rluhu.jpg

IMAG0272_zpseesmdegv.jpg\

This is the first time I could get the focus to show the buds.

This morning, pH was 6.3, and I have no problems with slime, roots are really white, and floating nicely with the bigger pump running.

I am running through my pH down quicker than anything else, but dropped to 5.9, and will drain, rinse, and refill tomorrow, the beginning of week 3!

I used battery acid for PH down. Lots cheaper and more effective than "PH down" products IME.    Something like this... http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/autocraft-battery-acid-cycle-acid/2030000-P?searchTerm=battery+acid