Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sinful

new 400 watt garden for 500 bucks from the ground up

SLIME!!!

Pulled out a plant this morning to look, the new roots floating above the water are doing beautifully, but the ones that are hanging down into the water are starting to get a nasty slime on them.

I need to clean, I think I have a few fungus gnats that have made it down into the tub through the rocks, I was going to try rinsing the roots in the sink under room-temp tap water, try to rinse away any bugs or crap that has stuck to the roots.

Anyone have some suggestions on how to fix this?  I hate losing 20 gallons worth of nutes twice a week if I don't have to, and with it affecting the health of my plants, it is probably my last concern.

No one?  No one at all?

I would rather do this sterile, than try from the start to include bio-teas into my res.

Slime forming on my lower roots in the water, and they are staring to brown a little.  the roots sticking out the sides are pretty white.... is it something wrong with my water?  More air? Heat is under 70 consistently, 65 average....

Anyone?  Treatment steps to get rid of the slime?  how to keep it gone?  

What is in SM-90?  I will pick up a bottle later today.

I will empty out the tub, spray with tap water, and refill.  Add 3ml H2O2 per gallon (20 gallons to get to bottom of net pots) and bubble WITH THE PLANTS for 12 hours.

Empty tub, rinse, and refill with plain water, add nutes, and try again.

Stay tuned, folks, tomorrow will be another day!

OK, nothing major to update, merely an observation:

Hydro is not magic.  It isn't hard. it isn't scary.

Yeah, there are different things to worry about, but since I started this garden, I have had the pH down in the 4's, ppm's over 1600, slime, fungus gnats, and I think my pump is a little small.

In all of that, I have a BEAUTIFUL pair of green plants, growing roots that are white and clean and far reaching.  I am going to flip soon, and it is pretty much paint by numbers.

I'm really liking this.

The girl on the front right is gonna be beastly I suspect! This has my full attention  :smoking-smiley-face:

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else.