• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cheri

ommp fees double

Rate this topic

i reccomend u start saving now...this will be quite a hardship for us..

especially with extra grower fees for non patient growers as i'm sure it will be for many

Actually the change does not go into effect until October 1, 2011. There is a different proposal for the fee structure and if I remember correctly those on food stamps will be paying $40 instead of $20. There will be public comments and I've attached the hearing dates which are next month. Go and make your voices heard.

hearing dates.pdf

Guest doobieman

Thanks, Cheri & Robin thought I had heard some updates..

While this is a hardship, at the same time..... is it not worth the money? Given my current financial situation, this is a big deal - but even still, it's worth every penny for the security it provides me and my wife.

While this is a hardship, at the same time..... is it not worth the money? Given my current financial situation, this is a big deal - but even still, it's worth every penny for the security it provides me and my wife.

Exactly......

yeah but 2 hundred extra dollars for non patient growers...so everyone who has a grower that is not a patient..will have to have their grower pay extra 200 dollars apiece on top of raises in regular costs...ugh..unless i've read wrong

yeah but 2 hundred extra dollars for non patient growers...so everyone who has a grower that is not a patient..will have to have their grower pay extra 200 dollars apiece on top of raises in regular costs...ugh..unless i've read wrong

nope that is correct... Non patient growers will have to pay $200 also to grow for someone... But if the grower is a patient then there safe,

nope that is correct... Non patient growers will have to pay $200 also to grow for someone... But if the grower is a patient then there safe,

maybe, maybe not. they may interperet that a patient growing for self does not pay the extra for his card but must for all other patients.

also there are rumors of grandfathering in old patients.

we must wait to see.

I am a non-patient grower. To me this whole thing was illegal, like taxation without representation,

sponsored by someone that will benefit financially from it.....can you say special interest!?

As a grower I cannot be reimbursed for equipment, labor, nor the stress it causes me when

something goes wrong. Bulbs need to be replaced on a regular basis. Last cheap bulbs I

bought were turning black by the third harvest. I bought a good dehumidifier just over a year

ago, and it keeps turning itself off causing a mold problem now. I work as a housekeeper, and

have lost so many jobs to the economy, so $200 is a lot of money to me to come up with at one time.

To me it all goes back to the fact that they do not view MMJ as real medicine.

I am a non-patient grower. To me this whole thing was illegal, like taxation without representation,

sponsored by someone that will benefit financially from it.....can you say special interest!?

As a grower I cannot be reimbursed for equipment, labor, nor the stress it causes me when

something goes wrong. Bulbs need to be replaced on a regular basis. Last cheap bulbs I

bought were turning black by the third harvest. I bought a good dehumidifier just over a year

ago, and it keeps turning itself off causing a mold problem now. I work as a housekeeper, and

have lost so many jobs to the economy, so $200 is a lot of money to me to come up with at one time.

if one is unwilling to accept the outcome of events such as this, and i'm not claiming it is right or wrong, your best bet is to become politically active. i'm cool with my patients paying and extra fee for me to grow their meds. those who can grow their own should. not all can, like my 83 y/o late stage alzheimer's mom. still, we have the right to grow. that is more then most.

to be truthful, if the money were earmarked for education, i would be totally willing to pay. if the sick can take care of our education system, the healthy should be able to handle the rest. yes?

Here is the new revised proposed fee structure changes.

The OMMP Rules Advisory Committee (RAC) meeting has been officially set for Monday, July 11, 2011 11am-1pm at the Portland State Office Bldg. (800 NE Oregon St, Portland) to work on the draft of the administrative rule change to adjust the OMMP fee structure as per SB 5529. This is a public meeting, with no public comment.

This is the fee structure proposed by the OMMP, which is a starting point

for our work at the meeting:

New & renewal applications have same fees:

$180 registration fee

$50 grower fee (not required if grower is applicant)

$40 SSI recipient fee

$80 Foodstamp (SNAP) and OHP recipient fee

$25 replacement card

$50 For changing caregiver, grower, or growsite

Todd Dalotto

Vice-Chair, Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM)

Chair, Horticulture, Research, & Safety Committee

As you can see the proposed change is $50 for the grower not $200. I was incorrect in saying that people on food stamps paid $40 as it does show $80. As stated earlier in this thread, there is a list of public hearings. If you don't like the new fee structure then go to a hearing and make your voice heard. It should be noted that the OMMP has been fully self supporting not asking for money from the state to make it work. This is one valid point that can be brought up at the hearings. If you do not go to say anything against these rule changes then you can't say anything about the fee increase and how upset you are. YOU can effect a change if enough people go to these hearings. Remember folks, we do, barely, have freedom of speech, use it.

Guest STATIC

We should of all knew this would come eventually... It is the way for them to continue to "tax" anyone that needs medical cannabis. I am in the same position as most live payday to payday (which is once a month) however, it is a security thing knowing that Hubby is safe to use his medicine as he needs... I guess the patients can look forward to paying the $200 for their growers as I don't see many growers that will pay that.

Here is the new revised proposed fee structure changes.

The OMMP Rules Advisory Committee (RAC) meeting has been officially set for Monday, July 11, 2011 11am-1pm at the Portland State Office Bldg. (800 NE Oregon St, Portland) to work on the draft of the administrative rule change to adjust the OMMP fee structure as per SB 5529. This is a public meeting, with no public comment.

This is the fee structure proposed by the OMMP, which is a starting point

for our work at the meeting:

New & renewal applications have same fees:

$180 registration fee

$50 grower fee (not required if grower is applicant)

$40 SSI recipient fee

$80 Foodstamp (SNAP) and OHP recipient fee

$25 replacement card

$50 For changing caregiver, grower, or growsite

Todd Dalotto

Vice-Chair, Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM)

Chair, Horticulture, Research, & Safety Committee

As you can see the proposed change is $50 for the grower not $200. I was incorrect in saying that people on food stamps paid $40 as it does show $80. As stated earlier in this thread, there is a list of public hearings. If you don't like the new fee structure then go to a hearing and make your voice heard. It should be noted that the OMMP has been fully self supporting not asking for money from the state to make it work. This is one valid point that can be brought up at the hearings. If you do not go to say anything against these rule changes then you can't say anything about the fee increase and how upset you are. YOU can effect a change if enough people go to these hearings. Remember folks, we do, barely, have freedom of speech, use it.

i still dont like it..but ty for the info..thank shorty for clarifing

There are still dates in September.

can you locate those dates for us, SG? i for onew will attend. wonder if i can bring mom too?

I guess the patients can look forward to paying the $200 for their growers as I don't see many growers that will pay that.

that is a fact. i am willing to grow for patients who can not, but am not willing to pay as well!

if one is unwilling to accept the outcome of events such as this, and i'm not claiming it is right or wrong, your best bet is to become politically active. i'm cool with my patients paying and extra fee for me to grow their meds. those who can grow their own should. not all can, like my 83 y/o late stage alzheimer's mom. still, we have the right to grow. that is more then most.

to be truthful, if the money were earmarked for education, i would be totally willing to pay. if the sick can take care of our education system, the healthy should be able to handle the rest. yes?

I wrote everyone involved in sponsoring this bill, and my 2 representatives. I heard back from one rep stating they weren't on the committee, but they would look into it. I don't have much faith in the political system any more. I do not have the funds to run up to Portland. It does seem like Oregon has a much better program than most states, and I am grateful for that. I do like the new figures that were posted by shorty(thank you)!! If the new fees were going for education, or even the OMMP, I would feel better about it for sure!

I wrote everyone involved in sponsoring this bill, and my 2 representatives. I heard back from one rep stating they weren't on the committee, but they would look into it. I don't have much faith in the political system any more. I do not have the funds to run up to Portland. It does seem like Oregon has a much better program than most states, and I am grateful for that. I do like the new figures that were posted by shorty(thank you)!! If the new fees were going for education, or even the OMMP, I would feel better about it for sure!

did you check dudz link? it has three meetings at various spots throughout the state. perhaps one is close enough to you. i can relate to loss of faith, but if we do not use our muscles they will continue to weaken and become more useless.

There are still dates in September.

can you locate those dates for us, SG? i for onew will attend. wonder if i can bring mom too?

I was going to reply to this but I seen that Dudz already did this. Thanks Dudz.

I guess the patients can look forward to paying the $200 for their growers as I don't see many growers that will pay that.

that is a fact. i am willing to grow for patients who can not, but am not willing to pay as well!

Sign in to follow this