• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Catwoman

Cloning?

In hopes of gaining more attention to this thread I have moved this into cloning from introductions....ODB....

Hi There!

My name is Terri and I am a OMMP paient and grower. I am in the most dire need to have someone who has the expertise to in a lab,  bring back a strain that I am about to loose .I have heard that this can be done but I don't know anyone who does this type of thing. I have been trying since early budding (August) to clone my plant and for some reason have been unsucceful. Which is a problem I have never had in the past. All I have left of the plant is a few branches with some leaves which are  in full  bud. If anyone otu there can help me or lead me to someone  who can I would really appriciate the help.

Sincerely,

Terri

Hi thanks for joining up today. Not everyone reads these intro's. So lets get you private and  over to where the growers are. :)  This should only take a few moments.  Keep refreshing the page, and do set up the content you want to view. 

:HS_76_Flower:

Hello and welcome to OMMP PIF;

We teach self sufficiency as the only way to keep an adequate supply of quality

medication on hand at all times, growers/patients/caregivers to use our private forums

please send me copies of your OHA/OMMP/DHS card and Oregon ID (you can cross out the

address) send them to info@freemygreenpdx.com Then we will open the private request

forums for you.

Enjoy the site and thanks for joining us.

Once you get the hang of how the forum works you will see more.
Every page has the words "View New Content" on the right near the top. Clicking it

will show you new things you have not seen. Also refreshing the page will allow new

posted content to be updated. Over to your left you see that it says, "By time period

Content I have not read
    New since my last visit
    Past 24 hours
    Past week
    Past 2 weeks
    Past month
    Past 6 months
Set this for all the content you have not seen, Then as you log in more often you can

change this to a setting more preferable, For now you'll want to see it all.

Ask if you need help. Your profile and settings are under your name at the top right,

click your name to find options. Click any other members name to go to there profile

pm or just look.

Ask me for any help when you see me on line.

EK
One last thing Cheri♥ asks me to remind the ladies. Please let one of us know your on

site so we can enter you into the women's group. This is a private group and as many

of you choose to remain anon, you need to use the personal messenger to  ask Cheri♥,

OR any administrator to add you to that group.

When you say your trying to clone the plant, I would like to know how old the plant is your wanting to clone from? And has it already gone into bloom and if so.. how long in bloom?

What area do you live near?

Almost all of us can do this if the plant is still alive,., We can talk you through it. :)

What EK just said. we will pour the attention it requires into you to make you self sufficient :D   Stay tuned, were a good group, sit down, look around, and be ready for some crazy buddage! 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

The plant is still out in the garden. It is covered with straw and has a plastic tent over it with a heat lamp. I have been trying since before blooming in early August to clone it. It is way past the stage of cloning . I have tried both my cloneator and even the old fashion way in medium but have had no success. I left some branches on the plant with buds on it hoping that there might be some way of retriving the strain. I guess I need a gentist or someone who can get me one good start from it. The plant is about 8 months old and went thru the whole veg and bloom cycle..................

Oh, I am in Southern Oregon. But if I need to I can drive it anywhere with in reason..............

The plant is still out in the garden. It is covered with straw and has a plastic tent over it with a heat lamp. I have been trying since before blooming in early August to clone it. It is way past the stage of cloning . I have tried both my cloneator and even the old fashion way in medium but have had no success. I left some branches on the plant with buds on it hoping that there might be some way of retriving the strain. I guess I need a gentist or someone who can get me one good start from it. The plant is about 8 months old and went thru the whole veg and bloom cycle..................

Oh, I am in Southern Oregon. But if I need to I can drive it anywhere with in reason..............

Keep it warm and alive, I do know someone who works with just the spores and can save it (I think even if you have one leaf) Let me see if i can locate him.

Keep checking this thread cause others are going to be helping at the same time.

His name is Growgeek/ & Joe  and here is part of his thread..

Tissue Culture

Posted by pharmerjoeoakes.

Until 2007 there were no published reports of highly successful methods for culturing Cannabis sativa. Hemp was successfully cultured in China but at a success rate of a mere 85%. Then Ole Miss published “Thidiazuron-induced high-frequency direct shoot organogenesis of Cannabis sativa L.” in The Society for In Vitro Biology which detailed how they achieved a 95% success rate.

We found this paper and started making the medium. We were able to get great results with the vegetative propagation medium which utilizes hormones TDZ and gibbrellic acid. We used this medium to multiply and expand our library. The rooting medium calls for half strength MS salts and the exchange of hormones to only IBA and with the addition of activated charcoal. We had problems initially with the medium being watery after sterilization but we have since linked the issue to our gelling agent and have moved forward.

Synthetic seeds

During our research we also came across another paper published by Ole Miss on synthetic seeds. These same scientists were able to develop a formulation that consistently would regenerate 100% of these synthetic seeds under greenhouse conditions. Impressive statistics, but not an original or groundbreaking discovery; synthetic seeds have been around a while and are underutilized technology.

We have also been tooling around in our spare time with synthetic seeds and have some preliminary observations on their implementation.

2012-03-12-13-12-11-e1331657287277.jpg?w Our first batch of synthetic seeds.
  • Inconsistent size of capsule; we are looking into a suitable fluid distribution system that can produce a consistent volume in each droplet.
  • Irregular shapes; we have found in our research that a surfactant can be added to the hardening bath to break the surface tension, which prevents the droplet from being deformed by the impact.
  • Nonconforming product placement; getting the explant into the center of the droplet consistently has been an issue. We are trying different strategies with promising results so far.
  • Lead time; this is an obstacle because the incubation time before sowing is 30 days with 75% success rate and 60 days for 100% success rate. In order to be successful explants also need to have come from a specimen already in culture because some varieties don’t take to culture. This could be the medium we are using or genetics we will know more in the future.

This technology has great promise if these obstacles are overcome. We are making headway with an automated capsule making machine design. We will keep you updated as this project progresses.

Attached Photos

photo-e1331656035903.jpg?w=336&h=450 Primary Explants

Find it here

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/tissue-culture/

At the bottom of that page you can ask the question you asked us, Say your from our group.

Then come back here and get private (if you want) and I will write Growgeek before bed and ask him to help you.

But others may have an idea to help now

Great!

If you can put me in contact with growgeek that would be wonderful. He can contact me at:  crazycatwoman@charter.net

Ive posted on their website and we should know something soon. Its the holidays so keep her warm and above freezing. :)

Ok, and thanks for your help. Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Why Thank you, You have a great Thanksgiving also.

There is usually more people around but this week has been slow. :)

Just fyi make sure the area your trying to clone in is warm , i have been having great success cloning just using miracle gro's seed starting potting mix it is formulated for fast root development ,but i am have a harder time now that my areas getting cooler. Best of luck saving it.

I have a plant that is outside and in full bloom. It has been partially harvested. I am looking for someone in a lab to clone it for me. I have been unsuccesful  at trying to clone it since before it started budding. I have tried using both a clonenator and also the old fashion way of using medium. Nothing has worked and now I am about to loose it. I am willing to compensate someone who can get me one good clone from what is already there. I am not willing to try any longer or destroy any more of what is left. I have a pic of the plant in my album that I need cloned. Calling all mad or sane scientist's.

Plant needs to be cloned

This is the plant that needs to be cloned. It is covered and still outside. Base is covered in straw. It is in full bud. The plant was harvested in October. I have been unable to get even one clone off of it. It's time to call in a expert , perhaps a genest. I am willing to compensate someone to have this done. It is a strain that we have had for quite awhile and is my husbands favorite. We took second place in the Oregon cannibis cup in 2010. So, we really want to save it somehow. Calling all or any mad or sane scientists.................

Thanks,

Terri

Edited by offdababa
Make Shortglide happy.

**I would dig it up and flop her down in the biggest pot you have, go indoor with her and reveg it if possible, after looking at your plant more carefully I think you are wise in not cutting or shockin it anymore. I would still do a gentle transplant and re-veg it though, that beast would throw alotta clones once it started......

A plant will happily produce clones into flower.   It would take a lot longer to root a clone from this plant, compared to a veg plant, which means more chance for error...Hmm. I would clone it, but if your having problems cloning now, this would be one of the more difficult clones to root....I advise you to re-veg the plant.  Harvest her at will, leave some lower buds and fluff on her, I like about 6-8 branches, lop the top prime stuff off the top 2/3 of her and leave the bottoms...fan leaves all of it. Put her under 18-24 hours of veg light and feed a very mild high N watering to her, some cal mag doesn't hurt either.  It will seem like forever, it will display all sorts of oddities, just keep on it and it will reveg. This is a small plant with a very huge root mass, it is very easy to reveg a plant. Dont chase every nutrient deficiency, just water with a light veg fert, whatever you use, and wait patiently. It will re veg. I promise. lol. 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else.