Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
Help keep the website alive (chance to win a GoPro in the process) Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

xbrpete

WA - Average pot user consumes 123 joints per year!

Rate this topic

So very nice to be above average eh guys? From the Seattle Times,,,,

Average pot user consumes 123 joints per year, state estimates

published September 24, 2013

By Bob Young

Seattle Times staff reporter

The state of Washington is counting on the average marijuana user to smoke a joint every three days.

Under the state’s consumption estimate for a legal pot market, the math breaks down to 80 million joints, or the equivalent in pot, smoked by roughly 650,000 adults every year. That’s 123 joints per user annually.

The state’s consumption estimate is important because it drives licensing for pot production, including the number of growers and the size of their operations. Underestimating statewide consumption could hand customers to illicit dealers, according to state officials. Overestimating could lead to surplus weed being diverted to other states.

But the state recognizes that the joint is losing popularity, particularly with younger stoners. A panel discussion at the Drug Policy Alliance’s upcoming biennial conference is even titled: “Is the joint obsolete?”

Edibles, topicals and concentrates, such as hash oil, have become so popular  that the state figures the market for those products will be as large as the more traditional buds and flowers combusted in joints and pipes.

For the rest of the article,,,,

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021890028_potconsumptionxml.html

Well, I go through about 1-1.5g of cannabis a day. If I lived there, I could pay for several casual users all by myself. Just think if cannabis were actually covered by insurance as it should be...

Pffft. Yall need to step it up :D 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

.my calculaions...3 joints per day minumumx365========1095 joints..... and  im talking pinky sized cannons usualy.  thats average aint it?\

Edited by kpinblackout

suffering within yourself, and the truth leaves you dying alone. The pain behind the eyes has a destiny, so use the hate to fuel the fire inside,. choices leave you trapped, and every route you choose is a path that leads back to the start. you might accept defeat in a world out to get you, but the finger on the trigger is yours.

I want to be a tester :D

shortglide-1.jpg

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --That principle is contempt prior to investigation."Herbert Spencer

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. —William James

.my calculaions...3 joints per day minumumx365========1095 joints..... and  im talking pinky sized cannons usualy.  thats average aint it?\

Same math I got man, 10X normal=Normal.  Huh. :D

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else.