• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cphil420

Here's hopin...

Finally began the process of getting on SSI/SSD today. I tried once on my own like in 2004 and was denied so I just gave up. However, after talking to numerous people I have decided to try again but with help from some good people this time. Here's hoping...

Posted Image

Finally began the process of getting on SSI/SSD today. I tried once on my own like in 2004 and was denied so I just gave up. However, after talking to numerous people I have decided to try again but with help from some good people this time. Here's hoping...

u can do it

first denial is almost automatic..keep fighting till the end..i advise u to get an attorney,u wont have to pay up front,only if u win.

e7b57f2f0c61ad10e6d3f7c0bdf59c60.png

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

Guest STATIC

first denial is almost automatic..keep fighting till the end..i advise u to get an attorney,u wont have to pay up front,only if u win.

I agree totally.... Seems like they deny you 3 times before even thinking about seeing you in court.... KEEP the fight going, KEEP going to the doctor and do get a lawyer. They have a CAP of what they can charge you... :30109f94:

I have some GOOD NEWS to share.

So, I finally got all my paperwork in to the Social Security Administration like the first week of February for SSI and SSD and I have already started getting paid for SSI (not SSD) before a final decision has been made down in Salem.

I received my FIRST SSI payment at the beginning of the month. It had back pay for February along with the standard SSI payment for March too.

You see, most people have to wait literally months for a final decision to be reached for SSI and/or SSD. However, I have a 'disability' that is on a very short list of four diseases/disabilaties that they can start paying presumptive SSI benefits on.

All they needed was a paper signed by my primary care Dr that I indeeed have one of the disabilites/diseases that qualify for presumptive benefits and so they started paying me while they are still making a final decision down in Salem.

The presumptive SSI benefits will be paid every month until June while they are in the process of deciding my claim.

I'm so happy and this is a huge blessing for me!

Let's hope all goes well with the final decision in Salem in regards to not only approving me for SSI but also hopefully SSD.

Posted Image

yep, the doctor signing off is the kicker, you wouldn't believe how many won't. My back doctor wanted 1500 to do it LMFAO. I just got a copy of my records and took it to an advocate, not an attorney, didn't cost anything, same records passed me, I knew how messed up my back was, wasn't paying that doc to hear it again. Also, FYI, I know of 3 people personally been turned down using attorneys instead of advocates, most advocates have worked at SSA and know the ins and outs, not all attorneys do, no matter what they say. Can you say we can win this lawsuit.LOL. Good for you phil, my SSI payments trumped my SSiD payments per 3 years back pay as they were the lesser amount and that's what SSA would pay for backpay. They make sure you don't get both, you'll get one or the other, those SSI payments may be deducted from the final disability total or backpay payout. They only give ya so much, they don't double pay, and if you make more than their limits on income with their money. You might have to pay taxes, its not all creme and gravy, but good on you for getting it. As I said, most I know even with atty's right now are NOT getting it, but their docs wont sign. Most docs don't believe anyone under 55 not with terminal or in a wheelchair isn't disabled. I fight it everday. Don't forget to get your doc to sign the paper for DMV for that front row parking sticker, that's worth its weight in gold. Also, so you know, atty or advocate will all get paid the same, its all a percentage based on the amount of money you got coming from backpay, which is decided by the judge at your hearing, not what you think. So don't be disappointed if they find you disabled, but much later it seems than you were, i.e. instead of 5 yrs ago, documents prove only until 2 yrs ago, etc. that was just an example

This is such great news. I am so happy they are paying you in advance, I do beleave that you will certainly qualify.

God is Good.

Peace

Thanks for being here with us.

So, I had to go see a dr psychatrist set up by the Social Security Administration on monday. Met with her for an hour and a half. It felt like a counselor appointment to be honest with you. Hope it went in my favor although it probably didn't considering she is kinda working for them and is going to find every reason possible to deny me my benfits. However, I have to stay optimistic. No matter how hard it is sometimes.

They call it a Psychdiagnostic appointment. They(Social Security)say that the appointment was scheduled because more medical information is needed to evaluate my claim for Social Security benefits. The appointment is for evaluation purposes(whatever that means)only and no treatment will occur.

I don't know how in ONE appointment for an HOUR and a HALF someone could actually make a decision on what I've been suffering with for 8 years.

When I left the appointment I felt good about it and then the more I keep looking back at this appointment and breaking down every little thing that I said and things I feel that are really important that I forgot(just spaced it cause we were talking about other things) to say. Me doing this is freaking me out and making me panic and anxious more cause I think I blew my shot at convincing her just how bad I really am mentally. I know that I just need to let it go and whats done is done and there is nothing I can do about what happened on monday when I met with her but it's really hard for me to do that. Im just so worried and anxious over what her report his going to say. I just feel like I blew my chances on Monday in an Hour and a half. But hey, were our worse critics. Right?

Posted Image

If your disabled they will know. . Those tests tell them almost everything about your abilities.

You'll be fine. :)

If your disabled they will know. . Those tests tell them almost everything about your abilities.

You'll be fine. :)

I hope your right. However, my appointment wasn't with a medical Dr like your thinking. It was with a Psychiatrist.

Posted Image