Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

xbrpete

High Pressure Aeroponics.. 90-100 psi expanding system

I do give them a higher N % on the first batch of water... just getting done my 2nd run with this setup and I am very happy with it. Working like a charm.... 0 Waste water besides maybe  2-3  gal at the very end that get traped in the buckets.... But my last  batch is just straight water so their can't be much fertilizer left....

"Revolutions are the locomotives of history."

Karl Marx

this is quite a nifty system. using your current solenoid setup, is it possible to give slightly higher or lower ppm levels to different buckets within the same system?

No,

But solenoid are commonly used as fertilizer injector valves... They adjust the timing the valve stays open to control the amount of fertilizer add to the master rez. The fertilizer is stored in separate tanks. These tanks can be thinned with water in combination with adjusting the valve to achieve the results you want.

Karl Marx

Made some minor changes to the return. added a small pump bucket with floats..

This keeps the water lvl in the units down and keeps the main rez full... 

add a Batch bucket to mix up fresh batches of liquid goodness..
With a water line and a float to fill and a valve to empty into the main rez when it's time...

I am very happy so far with this system...

Set it and Forget it.....

Edited by Darth_Buddha

Karl Marx

Very nice! (questions about the floats....I need something to alert when a res gets low (roots sometimes clog the return line and that stops the pumps/sprayers) What are you using?

I went about experimenting and throwing some clones into flower with a boost of grow nutes the first week.

HOLY CRAP - doubled my root length (know sure if its a good or bad thing) Bigger colas, more glad/trichomb production over the whole plant (smaller surface to produce on)....And well, not a huge jungle of plants to deal with.....Much more manageable.

Edited by JahBassmanNW

http://www.chicagosensor.com/Vertical-Mount_Float_Switches.html

It is the same basic idea you see in most flood and drain hyro setups...
Just it runs a lot less,, Keeping with the idea behind the system which is,,

use less energy, water and Nutes to row the same plant...

This is by far the most ecological system i can think of...

Karl Marx

Very intereting.  Im enjoying this, been thinking of a hydro greenhouse full of veggies.....

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

http://books.google.com/books/about/Hydroponic_Handbook.html?id=v4pLXwAACAAJ

Hydroponic Handbook, how hydroponic growing systems work

By J Benton Jones, Jr

I thought it would be helpful, instead, I am back in AP Chemistry.... and I hated chem.  This book covers how to build hydro nutes, how they interact, different chemical reactions, etc.  If you would like my copy, I will send it to you, happily!!!!  

From the info in that book, MBFERTS.COM started as an agricultural (farm) supplier, and moved to cannabis nutrients.  You can still buy the chemical ingredients necessary for blending your own mix.  They also carry a bunch of PGR's and frankensteining stuff for your plants.

Hydroponic food production: a definitive guidebook of soilless food-growing methods : for the professional and commercial grower and the advanced home hydroponics gardener

http://books.google.com/books/about/Hydroponic_Food_Production.html?id=cVG0v8rbqlsC

I would recomend this book if you want to mix fertilizers from scratch...

Karl Marx