• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GrowGeek

GG's new project

After a few harvests running two rooms in the house I am cutting back to only one. The veggie girls will be out in my clean room in my garage. More on that later!

Here are the mid construction photos... Enjoy!

eca17b5b.jpg

Overview of room. Two 1k lights mounted on the 2x4. Two holes in ceiling are for hood ventilation. Fan/light coming out.

07547fc4.jpg

Room ventilation hole. Along with security camera. All video is networked and remote storage/monitoring capable.

1be94fa8.jpg

Intake filter mounted in door. This is a pre filter. I'll be adding another to the furnace duct coming into the room. All air will be filtered in and scrubbed out.

More to come when I get off my lazy bum and get the lights, filters, and fans installed. Then clean everything again, put the trays and watering system in and go for grow! I think there is some electrical and plumbing to do too, but I'm trying not to think about that yet.

:D

You say Geek like it's a bad thing???

GrowGeekBanner1.jpg

you do amazingly well with your space, kirk. if you get really desperate, you could dig a cellar!

Yes he does... i am amazed at what he does in the space he works with.... a cellar huh? LMAO lets get digging kirk.

digging1.jpg

TO ACCESS OUR PRIVATE FORUMS CLICK HERE! 

12863878cb1f711m3.jpg

"I'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i am not"

"OMMP GREEN PAGE"                        Brothers With Glass

:):)

Thought I might mention this before you complete the work. It's something I have had in my head for a while and wanted to do myself....

Have you ever thought about mounting the lights inside a false, movable ceiling? One you can raise and lower. Like... plywood with holes cut out for the hoods? This way you would raise/lower the ceiling and lights together ...and wasting a lot less light in the upper part of the room. Instead, you reflect it right back down onto the plants.

Thought I might mention this before you complete the work. It's something I have had in my head for a while and wanted to do myself....

Have you ever thought about mounting the lights inside a false, movable ceiling? One you can raise and lower. Like... plywood with holes cut out for the hoods? This way you would raise/lower the ceiling and lights together ...and wasting a lot less light in the upper part of the room. Instead, you reflect it right back down onto the plants.

I've thought about doing what ES has setup, but I'm apparently related to Lazy... I'm sure in one of the next room renovations I will do something different with the lights.

I'm also looking at moving my entire grow within the next year or so, so I have to take that into consideration as well. Trying to buy property so I can build my dream house and have a fully functional greenhouse and "garden barn"!

GrowGeekBanner1.jpg

Oh yeah I heard she has some sort of dome setup. Something I'd love to see someday :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Oh yeah I heard she has some sort of dome setup. Something I'd love to see someday :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

By far the best use of space I have ever seen... And the girls she grows!!!! Well worth the trip to see Dudz!

GrowGeekBanner1.jpg

Oh yeah I heard she has some sort of dome setup. Something I'd love to see someday :)

By far the best use of space I have ever seen... And the girls she grows!!!! Well worth the trip to see Dudz!

Agreed... She has a very nice setup...

TO ACCESS OUR PRIVATE FORUMS CLICK HERE! 

12863878cb1f711m3.jpg

"I'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i am not"

"OMMP GREEN PAGE"                        Brothers With Glass

Looking good ! When I grow and get a real house, I want to build a nice pair of garden rooms. Using what I have will work out in the meantime.

<KZ>

"Minds are like parachutes, both function best when opened" 1KZSignature.jpg

513e5b24.jpg

And now all the carpet and padding are gone. Patching the floor today and new floor going down in the morning!

Magnum xxxl reflectors were replaced with my silver stars. Going to add one more soon, with 6 total planned. Will drop down to 600w lights when all 6 go in... For now, 3 1000w will do the trick!

More to come soon!

GrowGeekBanner1.jpg

ef286c67.jpg

Floor has been sealed and prepped! Let it dry then in comes the floor

97b7197a.jpg

And this is with the new floor in place! Whew!!!! Glad that's over!!!

GrowGeekBanner1.jpg

ef286c67.jpg

Floor has been sealed and prepped! Let it dry then in comes the floor

97b7197a.jpg

And this is with the new floor in place! Whew!!!! Glad that's over!!!

very nice

e7b57f2f0c61ad10e6d3f7c0bdf59c60.png

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

Yeah, very nice. :hungrey:

Wish I could do that in my room.

Hoping it will be a breeze to keep Kleen!!!!

if there is a spill, a simple mopping and all should be good!!!

GrowGeekBanner1.jpg

You have done, what I am planning to do for my grow rooms. I have half the flower room done so far. I plan to use vinyl flooring to cover the hardwood floors in my grow spaces. Does an indoor grower ever "complete" a room ? Seems there are always modifications, or upgrades, or replacement of something, and another renovation takes place. Love watching folks rooms get built, and produce, and rebuilt again. I get new ideas every time I look at these type of threads. Thanks for posting these progress reports, they are most helpful !

<KZ>

"Minds are like parachutes, both function best when opened" 1KZSignature.jpg