Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Graywolf

Grinning Reaper

Hi ya'll!

Here is a picture of our do it yourself Grinning Reaper, that I got the idea from after seeing the Resin Reaper.

It is a relatively simple device and smaller than the Resin Reaper, but which works damn well, producing 10% primo quality kief from frozen bud in 3 to 5 minutes.

Ours was built entirely from scrap, other than the 130 micron stainless screen that cost me $6.50 sq/ft.

The vibration is from a palm sander, that had a broken sandpaper clamping system.

Like the Resin Reaper, our original prototype used Lexan for the vibratory plate but it soon cracked at the mounting holes, so we used an available piece of 3/4" Nylon sheet stock.

The Resin Reaper doesn't use a palm sander for vibration, or screw mounting holes, so I infer they don't suffer from the same issues.

We did have to add skirts to keep the material from bouncing up through he cracks between the vibrating plate and the screen, so as to keep down contamination.

I never got to have a shoot out with a Resin Reaper, but for ya'll with more time and junk lying around than money, here is a do it yourself design that works damn well.

Grinning reaper 3 minute run (1).jpg

Grinning reaper 001.JPG

Grinning Reaper base.jpg

Grinning reaper underside.jpg

Grinning reaper vibrating  plate bottom.jpg

Top plate and palm sander.jpg

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

2f42e9d4a87fca6ddeddd0fbc0334c70.png

it was intended to be a sonic vibrator, but this was first to completion.

As ES points out, we do have an ultrasonic version in the works. We have the 80 watt ultrasonic cleaning tank vibrator and are building the power supply and electronics from junk. More on that once we get it functional.

Well, I just eliminated another technique that didn't work due to under design! I tried mounting an ultrasonic transducer to the top plate in the Grinning reaper, in place of the palm sander.

Alas, at only 60 watts of power, the system didn't produce enough energy to break the trichomes free. I estimate the shortfall by a factor of about 10X, so will move on to the next experiment using a slightly larger resin reaper and a 12" woofer.

I can drive it at 160 watts, using an 80 watt per channel Sony amplifier, that Bob picked up at an estate sale for $20 and bridged the two amplifiers. He originally built it, along with a driver, for our first 80W ultrasonic transducer, which didn't survive our experiments.

The ultra sonic unit will move on to our experiments making infused fruit for truffles. Hee, hee, hee................. Nothing ventured, nothing gained................

Ultrasonic Grinning Reaper.jpg

Sign in to follow this