• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tumbleweed

TW lazy grow journal, lol multiple strains~!

Rate this topic

Thank you for the feedback and questions.

--- I am amazed at how well the led is producing. I see you were using a 1000w hps previously, how much wattage of led do you use in comparison? And, was making the switch much of a learning curve?  

Switch is definitely a learning curve, at least for me.  The 1000 HPS was replaced with a pair of LUSH Dominator 2x at 435w each so 870w total.

--- You also have some well dialled in flood and drain. Do you reuse the clay balls? If so, what is your cleaning regime like? Also, how often do you feed the girls in clay balls?

So far, yes I reuse them, but biggest complaint is trying to remove all of the roots/hairs, I rinse them very well several times with plain hose water.  I don't feed them enough, lol, often only every couple of weeks.

I do like the lower heat produced, for the flowering I am not convinced they produce quite as much as the 1000w they replaced.

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: TW8 (Blue Lime Pie x White Nightmare) cross made and KUSH OG and Pre-98 Bubba Kush.

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

btw, the tent is under a pair of Herbal Vador 2x, 190w each I think.

1-DSC_0146.JPG

1-DSC_0147.JPG

1-DSC_0148.JPG

1-DSC_0149.JPG

Currently Growing: TW8 (Blue Lime Pie x White Nightmare) cross made and KUSH OG and Pre-98 Bubba Kush.

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

Progress, ones just flipped, ones in clone, ones some of what took those from as well as DWC attempt.

1-DSC_0154.JPG

1-DSC_0155.JPG

1-DSC_0156.JPG

1-DSC_0157.JPG

1-DSC_0158.JPG

1-DSC_0159.JPG

1-DSC_0160.JPG

1-DSC_0161.JPG

I tend to keep it simple with clones, cut branches and put in jar/glass of water as cut.

Then using a clean and sharp blade slice at 45 degrees just below where a node was (cutting anything attached to the node, leaf, etc. off) dip in liquid Clonex and put into RR cubes.  Mist daily and keep humid in the dome, off to the side of the light on the floor and just wait.

peace,

tw

It seems to work for you!  Good idea chopping cuts and putting into water, I generally do them one at a time, but as I am now using SOG method it can take a while doing it that way.  I also tend to give mum a big drink the day before taking cuts. 

Do you pH the misting water, or add any other foliar feeding nutes?

No, I don't. Straight tap water and no nutes, keep 1/4" or so of water in the tray.

Also remember, the lower the start of the branch you cut was, the better it will root, and a single cutting/branch can be used for several clones at the same time, e.g. a middle section of what you clip off will work pretty easy as long as it has at least 2 sets of nodes/leaves on it. With the bottom cut 1/4-1/2" below the bottom node, and the growth of that cut off (where roots will form from) and then have at least a pair of nice leaves on the top.

I have read about lower branches being easier to clone.  Perhaps I am misunderstanding the concept,  as last time I took clones, I took 15 in total with 3 from the lowest part of the plant, the rest from wherever I could get them the length I wanted.  Interestingly, the three from the lower part of the plant failed while the rest thrived.

here is my first experiment into dwc for these plants vs just hydro and ebb/flow, and just switched back to that bit under 2 years ago, I think is when found it on the internet.

So, both plants came from the same tray of the same clones, not the same phenos, cut at the same time and treated exactly the same, bucket color is different also. Not surprisingly the one that looks the best also has the best roots.

The others are the TW8 been playing with (blue lime pie (f) x white nightmare (m).

peace

1-DSC_0162.JPG

1-DSC_0163.JPG

1-DSC_0164.JPG

1-DSC_0165.JPG

1-DSC_0166.JPG

1-DSC_0168.JPG

1-DSC_0169.JPG

1-DSC_0170.JPG

Roots are continuing to grow well, looks like I should spray the tops with some insecticidal soap or neem, just to make sure they stay as bug free as possible.

Will go ahead and take some clones from the first pic, pre-98 bubba and Kush OG.

1-DSC_0172.JPG

1-DSC_0173.JPG

1-DSC_0174.JPG

1-DSC_0175.JPG

1-DSC_0176.JPG

1-DSC_0176-001.JPG

1-DSC_0177.JPG

1-DSC_0178.JPG

1-DSC_0179.JPG

1-DSC_0180.JPG

1-DSC_0182.JPG

1-DSC_0183.JPG

1-DSC_0184.JPG

some fresh pics...

1-DSC_0189.JPG

1-DSC_0190.JPG

1-DSC_0191.JPG

1-DSC_0192.JPG

1-DSC_0193.JPG

1-DSC_0194.JPG

1-DSC_0195.JPG

1-DSC_0196.JPG

1-DSC_0197.JPG

Holy rootballs batman, that dwc tub is loaded like a freight train!  I am guessing those ladies are about to go balistic, can't wait to see the flower show 🎄🎄🎄

It looks like you have good airflow through the buds sites, do you do a bit of defoliating in there?

Really nice piccies tw, thanks for sharing :)

ty,

Those two were from clones I took and have not been topped or any leaves intentionally removed.

If you look closely at them, the lowest leaves on both of them are the original ones that were part of the cutting taken with the ends trimmed off.

in veg, under Herbal Vador 2x, yea one on the left is too close to the fixture, after the first 2 pics are little ones in gheto DWC setup I am trying, doing well so far, notice the bubbles in pic 5 of the roots, working on aeration.

Even funnier, and only did this because I asked someone what the PH was of their config... I have not tested things in months.  So made some new water/nute mix to add to them, eyeballed mostly everything and how much to add, when done stirred waited and tested what adding was 6.0, ok, can work with that, now lets test what adding to, was 6.1, yea, ok, can still live with that, lol, guess that may be part of why the plant looks good?

peace,

tw

1-DSC_0198.JPG

1-DSC_0199.JPG

1-DSC_0200.JPG

1-DSC_0201.JPG

1-DSC_0202.JPG

1-DSC_0203.JPG

1-DSC_0204.JPG

1-DSC_0205.JPG

You can tell they have started flowering...

peace,

tw

1-DSC_0215.JPG

1-DSC_0216.JPG

1-DSC_0218.JPG

1-DSC_0220.JPG

1-DSC_0221.JPG

1-DSC_0222.JPG

still in veg  OG Kush

1-DSC_0243.JPG

1-DSC_0244.JPG

1-DSC_0245.JPG

1-DSC_0246.JPG

1-DSC_0247.JPG

oops, moved at 48" tall from top of rocks and just now flipped

1-DSC_0257.JPG

1-DSC_0259.JPG

1-DSC_0258.JPG