Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tumbleweed

TW lazy grow journal, lol multiple strains!

Rate this topic

Hehehehe Love the crackin seeds!  Bud shots are great, sure, but glad to see the little ones getting the props the deserve, and well done too :D 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

That is a pretty cool little scope you have there. <!--url{0}-->

Love the photos. I know one of these will be on our cover page soon. <!--url{1}-->

<!--url{2}-->

Edited by EDDIEKIRK

12 hrs after put into cubes, may have to put in 1g containers tomorrow

1-DSC_0337.jpg

1-DSC_0338.jpg

peace,

tw

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: White Nightmare

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

Lookinn good. Love me some upside down RR action :D 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

and they stand up on their own.  Seems to me like they are in fact made upside down and we use them correctly :LOL: 

yea sucks hole is on the bottom that way, I use a knife to split them from the top and hold open as I insert the beans tap root, works pretty good for me, and you don't have to have a custom tray for them that way either, just put on flat surface (best if also has drainage rails under)

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

The shot of how close the seedlings are to the lights really helps me understand how you've got such squat growth and multiple,is it, "internodes" growing.

I'm going to go and adjust things right now because of this :-) thanks so much for the help.

I'm learning and always willing to learn more. I'm always willing to share what I've been taught by others. I grow in Vegan-Living-soil and use Feminist principles in my growing and Landrace breeding projects. (I can help you fix your vintage W123 Mercedes.)

cover photo.jpg

Nice tumble, I like taking my fiskars closed and just twisting them in a circle one time in the rapid rooter.  Your photographs always captivate a certain thing, I like that, none are random if your open minded. I think your a photographer man. 

The shot of how close the seedlings are to the lights really helps me understand how you've got such squat growth and multiple,is it, "internodes" growing.

I'm going to go and adjust things right now because of this :-) thanks so much for the help.

Glad you liked the pic, was attempt to show how I do it, there is less than 4" from the tops to the bulbs, try to keep as close as possible, but also understand 'growth spurts' and hate when burn things because touching the bulbs, is set of 4' long 6 bulb T5s btw

peace,

tw

Nice tumble, I like taking my fiskars closed and just twisting them in a circle one time in the rapid rooter.  Your photographs always captivate a certain thing, I like that, none are random if your open minded. I think your a photographer man. 

I kinda started that way, and found I preferred to just split with a knife, pry open as inserted seed and let close back on self, then no forcing of new/young tap root into cube and hopes works out.  and ty on pic comment, yea, usually trying to show something, hope others appreciate my style (understand may not be best, but just showing how my lazy grow style works for me).  btw, those pics are 1 week from when cubes went into soil (the pics above them).

peace,

tw

I like the growth so far.

Do you bother with a fan at this early stage? I can't see one in the picture.

I'm learning and always willing to learn more. I'm always willing to share what I've been taught by others. I grow in Vegan-Living-soil and use Feminist principles in my growing and Landrace breeding projects. (I can help you fix your vintage W123 Mercedes.)

cover photo.jpg

not really in the tent (on plants at least) it has a 6" can fan mounted in the top that exhausts out, I lift the lights to take pics usually.

Yea, these two test strains doing very nice so far.  Appear to like the hot soil, small amount of curling at first as put cubes directly into (slight tip burn even perhaps) but one of the strains growing (the silverback jack), the curling leaves are signs of the GG#4 (gorilla glue #4) that is one of the parents and shows that is a dominant trait hear.

The one in the close up is the one in the back center of 1st pic.

Do  you do anything special with the water temperature? What am I saying? I mean I get rain water during the winter from a rain barrel out back. So Its much colder than say the water that I let sit in the house for a few days.

One of my pumps runs warmer than the other, and the water in the 5 gallon bucket is always warm to the touch and really smelly. While the veg nutes are in a cooler 5 gallon bucket with their own pump, (which runs much cooler)

(I have a bad case of sciatica or I'd grab photo's) :)

I'm just wondering if you had any general rule about water temps, and or if they mattered much?

I'm hoping this is in your pay grade, :D

(it may be a dumb question, lol, I'm pretty high right now)

no, I don't do anything special with the water temperature, I have it in the same room as the plants, just pour it on when I remember (tap water, no ph adjustment in longer than I can remember)

1-DSC_0385.jpg

The seedlings were put in soil 12 days ago, when they cracked open put into rr cubes, when root appeared from the cubes put into 6" square containers, straight FFOF soil.

1-DSC_0408.jpg

1-DSC_0409.jpg

1-DSC_0410.jpg

peace,

tw

no, I don't do anything special with the water temperature, I have it in the same room as the plants, just pour it on when I remember (tap water, no ph adjustment in longer than I can remember)

Thanks, I'm lucky enough to be able to catch rain water during the winter. then i bring the bucket in and let it get to room temps before i use it. I as well use no PH up or down. :)

Your plants always look so healthy.

Awesome! I like the way their is enough detail in this journal to give someone a lot of ideas and advice from a proven grower.  As always, I love the veg and seedling shots. Such a important part of a grow that is so often overlooked for the  "Bud Shots"..... anyways Kudos Tumble, those look super proper!