Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tumbleweed

TW lazy grow journal, lol multiple strains!

Rate this topic

This may be off-topic a little but I have six plants and I have only definitively identified the sex of two of the six (I have for sure identified two females but the other four I cannot identify).  The two that I can identify are definitely female, but I just cannot say on the other four.  The two females are plain-as-day easy to identify, but the others I just don’t see much.  What complicated matters is that the two females are of one particular phenotype (or strain?), and the remaining four have two different strains, which complicates making comparisons. 

I have not switched to flowering photoperiod yet.  They are all on an 18 on/6 off light cycle.

just genetics

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: White Nightmare

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

On 6/30/2020 at 8:21 AM, Tentoes1962 said:

Pretty plants and flowers!  By the look of the leaves I would say that those plants don’t look like your regular Sativa.  Is that a Ruderalis strain?

Don't think so, White Nightmare from Sin City Seeds, looks pretty Sativa to me?

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

Just goes to show you how little I know!  I have just never seen leaf petals that are that long and “skinny”- I know Sativas have narrower leaf petals than Indicas, but not that long and skinny.  I learn something new every time I come onto this forum; thank you TW!

So do you typically buy the feminized seeds?  A while back you recommended that strain to me and I DID look them up, but I coughed at the price tag which was like $10 Samoans per seed.  I would really like to try some, but I would plan to just get the regular ones and when the males show up, just cull them to make room for the ladies.  What do you think?

Somans were not from my recommendation, Sin City Seeds (expensive) would have been.  No, normally I prefer regs vs fem for buying seeds, but sometimes I get a few female flowers that throw seeds and I know they are female and save them.

18 minutes ago, Tentoes1962 said:

Man those are some pretty flowers!!

thank you, now another 4-5 weeks :smile: