Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

keoni

Qwet Oil Extraction

Gearing up to do my first Qwet wish i had a still built to reclaim the 190 , going to be mixing a few strains or i won't have enough for much of a run , making this for a cancer patient that the doctors are having a hard time finding a chemo that he can stand, the last chemo they tried made him sick as hell .I  will be using about half leaf half bud , open  to any input. I  just put everything in the freezer tonight but won't be able to processes it intill monday should i wait to freeze or will 3 day matter in the freezer.

Thanks for posting your question here at PIF,

One of our retired scientist's will be here shortly to answer your questions.

In the mean time feel free to browse The Skunk Pharm Research LLC

This is site owned by a few of the members here. And your information might be obtained here.

PS. do come back their site is very cool.

:D

Yup thank you know skunk pharm been following them for some time great info all a round from them  , little tough to understand for the lame man like myself ,was lucky enough to sit threw one of their classes a while back, have made a few batches of Holy Anointing Oil Oral as this usally helps my aches and pains better than smoking my meds.  

Edited by keoni

Graywolf has been notified of this thread and he will pop on in the early morning to help with this in terms we will all understand.

(Hint hint)

:D

You can leave it in the freezer this will not hurt it.

Gearing up to do my first Qwet wish i had a still built to reclaim the 190 , going to be mixing a few strains or i won't have enough for much of a run , making this for a cancer patient that the doctors are having a hard time finding a chemo that he can stand, the last chemo they tried made him sick as hell .I  will be using about half leaf half bud , open  to any input. I  just put everything in the freezer tonight but won't be able to processes it intill monday should i wait to freeze or will 3 day matter in the freezer.

Hi Keoni, good to see you experimenting!

As long as the alcohol and plant material are not mixed yet, you can leave it in the freezer as long as you like.  Once they are mixed, you are on the clock.

Our own procedure is at http://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/ and the one we recommend.  We will be happy to walk you through if you have questions.

GW

OK once I get it cooked down do i need to do any thing more for oral usage , the patient has one collapsed lung so vapings out for him, hoping i can just put doses in gel caplates and call it good. Thanks for the help on this,will be tring to process it tuesday so at least it gives me time to work every thing out.

OK once I get it cooked down do i need to do any thing more for oral usage , the patient has one collapsed lung so vapings out for him, hoping i can just put doses in gel caplates and call it good. Thanks for the help on this,will be tring to process it tuesday so at least it gives me time to work every thing out.

I would decarboxylate the oil while I was cooking out the last of the solvent in a 250F hot oil bath, but other than that, it is ready to use.

Gel caps work well, and a little variation that would make your oil more effective, would be to mix a little coconut oil with it, so as to keep the liver tied up processing it and allowing the cannabinoids to hang around longer doing their thing, before the liver breaks them down too.

We usually then add corn starch to turn it into silly putty, which is highly stable when stuffed in a gel cap.

Our mix is 10 gm oil, 3 grams virgin coconut oil, and 22 grams cornstarch.  That is 28.6% potency, so it takes about 350mg of the mix, for each 100mg dose.  About a gram of it will fit in an O cap.

oilrun001_zps2baf8ca5.jpgoilrun002_zpse52ba5f1.jpg   Just want to make sure my heat source will be safe, had more than i thought I did  guess i'm going to need little more 190 . Thank you G.W. i knew about the coconut oil ,but not about the corn starch.

Edited by keoni

2 jars down going to need a lot more 190& a better heat source as this one only gets to235 degrees hab to switch to my stove top and stay right on the temp ,redesolved it and in the freezer finish this one tomorrow.