• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

popeye!

Popeye's cloning method

So I thought it was time I shared my method of cloning to help other patients I have shown a couple other patients my.method and with simple instructions they all had good results the I call it idiot proof cloning because there's been times I.would have things in the cloner totally forget about them.cuz I'm busy with life ya know lol and I come back and remember and check its like oh shit there's roots lol so its very simple its cheap its effective and honestly I can't think of any downsides to cloning this way as long as it's done properly so anyways lets get started shall we step one of course Is u need a plant mature enough to take clones off of IMG_20121224_154625.jpg

The next piece u need is a insert for the tray normally this tray comes with a lipped edge I.cut the lipped edge off but leave the flat spot to catch the edge of the tray its a cheap piece to add IMG_20121224_154757.jpg

The next step of course u need cloning gel I use clones gel myself and I always store my clones gel in the fridge very key when it comes to.clones I've found but even the rooting cubes I use.recommend that product to be used in.conjunction with the cubes IMG_20121224_154647.jpg

This is the reason u need the tray these are the rooting cubes I.use the nice thing is hydro.or soil growers can use these so its nice when giving clones away IMG_20121224_155140.jpg this package contains 100 rooting cubes and I got them.for 22.95 most stores carry them for 24.95 they have smaller bags but I recommended the big bags simply u get more for.ur money

I use a shot glass to put a glob of cloning gel in its very key to.sterilize the shot glass as contamination can effect the rooting process IMG_20121224_155251.jpg usually ill rinse it with 99% ISO or whole grain alcohol

I then will take the razor and shave off the outter skin of the plant by where the 45 degree cut is in the bottom only about 1/2-3/4 of a inch up the bottom to help the.cloning gel absorb into.it easier and better I.also will normally put a single slice down the.center of the 45 degree cut I.don't recommended this.for.beginners as it can be tricky at times but its not necessary to do then ill dip the branch in cloning gel for about 15 seconds working it around in the cloning gel when u pull it out it should have a.nice purple goo.layer on the stem like so IMG_20121224_155849.jpg

It then goes in.one of the slots in the tray piece u should have set up I put a name stake in them to.know what it is and put the date.on the back.so I remember how long its been when I first start seeing roots IMG_20121224_155937.jpg

Each row holds six clones the entire cloner holds 72 total here's the six I just did at this point I will put a cup and a half of warm water in the tray so it absorbs into the cubes from the bottom and helps keep humidity up IMG_20121224_160917.jpg

When ur all done the whole cloner set up with look like this u can see the plants nestled in there u can see the humidity. IMG_20121224_161526.jpg and then all I do Is put a two foot. T12 blue spectrum aqauriam lamp on top of the clone dome so the lol babies have some light they don't need alot to.root but they definitely do need light after seven days I start poking the cubes out from the.bottom to.check for roots and ill do that every other day after a.week till I see roots I hope this benifits many people one last note if u have a seedling heating mat throw that sucker right under the.cloner tray and I'd bet u would have 100% success rate I don't have one and I already have a 80% success rate

Very nice tutorial...Ive had ezcloners, used rockwool, imo nothing beats the dome method....my success rate was better for gettin roots with the aero cloner but the transition from water root inot soil always killed a few...

suffering within yourself, and the truth leaves you dying alone. The pain behind the eyes has a destiny, so use the hate to fuel the fire inside,. choices leave you trapped, and every route you choose is a path that leads back to the start. you might accept defeat in a world out to get you, but the finger on the trigger is yours.

Thanks for taking time to show this method to us.

thank you Eddie for providing a place of which I can provide this information in a place that I.know it can help many people so thankz for having me here at pay it forward

OOne.more note on this.if u.go to a grow.shop and they try to sell u rapid rooters those are.not wat u want the whole in the top is way to big and has a.bad success rate so if they tell u rapid rooters and root riots are the same thing this is infact not true as I have used both and had much better consistent results with root riots compared to rapid rooters so.avoid rapid rooters if u want to follow my method thankz for reading again I know its pretty long but I wanted to be.thorough