Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Brownbear

Curing Hash

I've found a lot of info about making hash, but very little about curing it.

What processes are involved in the curing process? How does it change the hash? Visual appearance - Taste - Smoke - Aroma - Cannabinoid assay? How important do you consider it to the quality of your hash?

"As they fell from heaven, the plants said, "Whichever living soul we pervade, that man will suffer no harm.'

~ Rigveda ~

im not sure if you have to "cure it" . But its definitly important to make sure is completly dry befor rolling or pressing it...mold loves the grainy texture. My bubble sits on the cardboard for three days then its borken up to small flakes and dried another week befor i even think about pressing...after that i put it in jars and it sits till i need it....so i guess in essence that might be considered curing...but i dont burp my hash jars cause its pretty much bone dry when it goes in

Edited by kpinblackout

suffering within yourself, and the truth leaves you dying alone. The pain behind the eyes has a destiny, so use the hate to fuel the fire inside,. choices leave you trapped, and every route you choose is a path that leads back to the start. you might accept defeat in a world out to get you, but the finger on the trigger is yours.

good quality hash will burn to white ash.... lower grade will leave a black lumpwhen burnt up....i believe this to be clorophyl and plant matter....

suffering within yourself, and the truth leaves you dying alone. The pain behind the eyes has a destiny, so use the hate to fuel the fire inside,. choices leave you trapped, and every route you choose is a path that leads back to the start. you might accept defeat in a world out to get you, but the finger on the trigger is yours.

good quality hash will burn to white ash.... lower grade will leave a black lumpwhen burnt up....i believe this to be clorophyl and plant matter....

waxes

TY ES...always wondered....thats why i only use my 23 and 73 micron sizes for smoking... the others go into Butter. My hash usualy smoulders to a white ash...when you rub between your fingers it all but dissapears. seems the 90 micron bag contains too much of this stuff to be used IMho, at least with my original bubble bags Edited by kpinblackout

but ive known wholesale hashmakers to use up to the 120 micron extract....wieght is wieght to them, where are i want purest form possible without solvents

strongest and best concentrate is budderking budder,he alone is the only person making it to the grade his achieves.he will not let out the process used to make this wonderful yellow paste.several people have made budder but not like this.heres a article describing it and also tests on quality.budderking resides in British Columbia Canada.

http://www.cannabisc...icles/3589.html

this is where it can be bought,sells presently for $90 a gram

http://www.cannabisd.../hastings-menu/

don't ya just love the secret keepers? they choose not to advance society. good decision.....

i just usually don't even talk about them, like they don't count.

So I'm curious what you all think would happen if you could cure hash, after you had gotten it smokable. I know many people don't store it long because it may dry out too much. However, what if you had a humidor or a similar environment perfect for storing and aging hash? What would the environment look like? Well I would think it would be cool, probably 50 degrees? Probably a mildly-low humidity, not enough to not promote mold, but enough it would not dry everything out. 30-40? It would need to be dark too. Those qualities sound like a wine cellar, or a hole in the ground.

Also, since Cannabinol (CBN) is the result of oxidized THC, you could potentially have high CBN hash depending on how long you aged it.

Anyone ever had earth-aged hash? I need a time-capsule.

"As they fell from heaven, the plants said, "Whichever living soul we pervade, that man will suffer no harm.'

~ Rigveda ~

burying bud used to be a big thing, but much got mold contaminated doing so.

aging cannabis does degradate the thc to cbn. it would be a good thing to do if you were trying for sleep or sedative meds.

all that said. easier to make sedative hash oil. yes?

I have tried many different ways to cure and age water hash. I will describe my favorite way to cure water hash so far.

Well to start with when I pull my bags I will give the hash a light squeeze and then crumble it onto a flat surface. I jar my wet hash multiple times here is a breakdown of the cure over time.

Starting fresh:

6 hours of open air drying

Then airtight jar for 2-4 hours

Then open air drying for 12-24 hours

Then airtight jar 4-8 hours

Then open air drying for 24 hours

(note should feel mostly dry now if not leave it to open air dry for another 24 hours)

Now put hash back in airtight container and burp it every few days at first, after a couple weeks burp it about once a week, do this for 6-8 weeks.

(note if when you are burping it the hash seems wet or like its melting together than leave the lids off your jar for awhile or dump it back out for awhile)

Once your done with all of this just replace your lid with a paper bag, piece of cotton or wax paper, I use mason jars so I just replace the metal lid with one of those things.

If you choose to store it long term in airtight jars, I would recommend letting it open air dry for about 3 days after the curing process before long term jarring

Store in a cool dry place and Do not press hash before you store it

I have started to store my long term aging hash in jars without airtight lids like the ones above, it seems to be better but the oldest hash I have thats been stored like that is about 2years. Its aged perfectly though.

I have hash thats has been stored in air tight containers for about 5 years and when storing in airtight containers you have to make sure to check them approximately every 6 months, if they are moist at all you will have to open them for a day or two.

Personally I have noticed that aged hash seems to have a full balanced flavor, is less harsh than fresh stuff and gets you higher. Fresh bubble seems to have a nice tasty fresh flavor but less high. I prefer hash that has been aged for at least 1 year.

I have had a little bit of testing done and these were my results from 09/21/14

Aged unpressed hash from Nov 2011 THC 54.17% CBN 5% CBD .15%

Aged unpressed hash from Sep 2012 THC 62.38% CBN 2% CBD .15%

Aged pressed hash from     Sep 2012 THC 49.64% CBN 5% CBD .62%