• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

xbrpete

Easiest cloning,,,

wait....no mini trash can or rack from a 1963 frigidaire?....this cant be ghetto fab then pete :thumbs-up-animated-3-3-2:

suffering within yourself, and the truth leaves you dying alone. The pain behind the eyes has a destiny, so use the hate to fuel the fire inside,. choices leave you trapped, and every route you choose is a path that leads back to the start. you might accept defeat in a world out to get you, but the finger on the trigger is yours.

i cloned by taking cut and put straight into dirt. water two teaspoons water around bottom of stalk everyday. in about 14 days it has new growth and is rooted. Having hard problem with lemon diesel don't want to clone this way ,but has worked. hybrids do well this way. at least for me. I will try glass thing.

Couple cups, fill a bit with tap water, (mine is spring water, 6.5 pH, 60 ppm) stick in the cuts...

Ready to plant,,,,,

Works great, I did this several times. Biggest pointer I can give is to make sure you adjust the ph down, as most city tap water's ph is too high (mine is about 7.8) and change out the water every day or two. I used cloning gel too though.

Get the water ph down between 6.0 and 6.5

Putting un-rooted cuttings into soil is probably the least effective way to clone a plant. Use ph'd water.

this is probably a stupid question how do i keep clone in cup. it falls out or leaves fall in cup and turn yellow. how long does it take to see roots. do i change water every few days? do you have to use a root inhanser? not having luck with cut to dirt. it did work on two clones but they are hibrids not sure if that matters or just got lucky on those two.

Make the cutting the right length so the stem goes almost all the way (or all the way) to the bottom of the cup and the upper leaves are just over the top of the cup like in Pete's pictures above. Trim off any leaves that are in between. It will stay in the cup. Carefully cut the bottom of the stem at a 45 degree angle with a razor blade and then gently scrape the bottom inch or so of the stem a few times with it. Use a rooting hormone such as Clonex or other brand if you want - it helps them root faster. I recommend changing the water every 1-2 days to help keep it from going stagnant. Always handle them very gently. Roots should be appearing in 7-14 days and might even take 21 days. Some strains root faster and easier than others (hybrid or not), it's just genetics/nature. Place the cup in your veg room not directly under the lights (they don't need/like much light intensity), or just near a low wattage CFL bulb, with at least 18 hours of light per day.

Do not use anything besides ph'd water (ph 6.0-6.5 with 6.2 being the target), and rooting hormone (as directed on the label). Anything else can be prohibitive to the rooting process. No nutes!

Don't fill the cup all the way with water. Half way is plenty. Look closely at the pics that Pete posted.

I have tried several methods of cloning. There are lots of methods and just about all of them are capable of working well. Some methods just work better with some people's grow style/habits/environment, and others do not.

If one method isn't giving you a lot of success, try another :)

I'm going to give this a shot tonight before I put my white rhinos into flower. Thanks for the write up.

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Ya try this MOO? Just curious, if Petey and Dudz says it works I take it as Gospel, but im curious as to feedback too. lol

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

My first attempt was unsuccessful.  They didn't die but never grew roots.  About a week ago I pulled some off the Snow Whites I put into flower so we will see if I can get them to sprout some roots.  Some things that I might have done wrong the first time that I am trying not to do this time:

-Crappy water: I used water ph'd with lemon juice and never changed it.  This time I am using RO, changing it daily and spraying the leaves.

-Light: they might have received too much light on the first attempt.  This time they are in the shade of the grow cab. 

-Too small: I took pretty small clones (-3") with only 1-2 nodes first attempt.  This time I took larger clones with 3-4 nodes. 

-No heat: Clones were left in room temp water first attempt.  This time they cups are sitting on a heat mat. 

Fingers crossed they grow some roots!

Peace

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Changing the water is the most crucial thing that i see. Get a gallon of good water and change it out every day or two.  and yeah, them are some small clones. lol.  Making sure you have a node below water or other cloning medium (or more than 1 node, better) that you cut the leaves and branches off of will also help a lot if ya aint already doin so.   Interesting! Too hot=mold and soggy stemmed clones, be careful! 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Good to know might skip the heat mat all together then....

The links below are to show what I'm talking about nothing more.

I use a shop light when cloning, it doesn't cook the cutting, gives enough light while the cutting is making its roots, and is cheap in the light itself, bulbs, and cost to operate it. Now, I'll admit I'm terrible at cloning in soil, less then 5% successful at last attempt which was years ago. But cloning the hydro way, I'm at 99.9999999% successful. I use an easy cloner now days, but have made my own cloner.

What you need:

* rubbermaid storage tub with lid, like thishttp://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?CatName=Storage&SubcatId=Roughneck&Prod_ID=RP091418&Redirect=1

*net pots http://www.hydroponics.net/c/166

*Rockwool or plug type of meduim

*bubble bar

*air pump

*tubing

-------------
I used rubbermaid storage tub with lid,  the 3 and 10 gal in the past

Drill holes in lid to hold for net pots that will hold the Rockwool or plug. Think I had about 12 holes in mine. Do not cut lid with knife, it just gives you more work and the holes wouldn't be round

I used a Bubble Bars that's for Fresh Aquariums on the bottom, and something to weigh down the bubble bar, I used rock.

fill with water to no more then1/2 of net cup, take cutting put in rockwool or what medium choosen.

As for the cutting I didn't change my technique . I cut at a 45 degree threw the node. I don't used cloning gels or what not. The only difference was the medium I chose to use.

I'm a soil grower, so once there is enough root I very carefully peel the rock wool away and plant in soil, doesn't have to be 100% off.  you do not have to do this step, I didn't every time. with the ez cloner this step isn't required.

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

She is saying a bubble cloner I think, mke your own, if you decide too, there are great write ups here and several of us (me Karr and wired, ect) that have done this with good success. 

If there were a contest for the most reliable and fastest cloning, the winning device would almost certainly be a bubbler or aero style cloner IMO.   PP gave you some great ideas, let me find a few links for ya.  I know Karr made one he is very happy with, maybe we can get him in here for some expert tuning advice of one. :D  In the mean time, here is a link to one I made...

http://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/3082-diy-bubble-cloner/

Great thread and wanted to add that i am switching how i clone because the first time was failure all over it. I need to pH my water as well as take bigger clones. Does anyone know of the time length you can take clones in flower? I have some flowering girls and the bottom growth isnt the best and could possibly take clones from here. This would be called lollipoping?

Cloning seems to be a real challenge for some. With your PH'd water and big clones it sounds like you have the right idea to me QualityBHO.   You can take clones into flower, and really all the way through flower, or even after you harvest your good buds from her, leave the fluff buds on the bottom and stick her back in veg.  This takes awhile however and the further into flower a plant is the longer it will take to clone...which is more time for something to go wrong.  Take the clones as early on in flower as possible and preferably before they start packing on weight.  I like doing it as I clean them up to go into flower, last day of veg.  If you do take a lot of limbs off the bottom for whatever reason and end up with a plant that is bare on the bottom and all round on top, looking like a lollipop......That is what people call "lollipopping" them. Its good for air circulation around the plants, less places for bugs or mold to live.  Once you master your grow though all I found lollipopping did was lessen the amount of material I had for hash making. :D 

The larger of the two clones that I took started showing roots a few days ago.  Right now the longest one is about 1/2" long.  Still waiting on the other one.  Its stem looks sort of cloudy like there is something growing around it, might be roots or something bad, time will tell. 

If the stem gets mushy, toss it out. 

Announcements

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today