• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

xbrpete

Late Flower Cloning

Nice growth.  :D  I agree with you about K.I.S.S.!!   I have seen too many growers spend a couple hundred $ on a machine and have epic failures, until they find there mark again.  But they still can not get roots any faster than I can using root riot and rooting hormones. 

Peace

A perfect example of experience. :D  Post that up up for pic of the month, its got my vote.  

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Can someone correct/confirm this for me...

Taking a cutting during the veg cycle...is what it sounds like and gives you a copy of the "mother" plant.

Taking a clone during (I think it has to be close too two weeks after the flowering cycle began) will give you a clone that will bush out and have multiple and irregular tops....it will also grow "odd" and not be a copy of the mother.  This is called "monster cropping"?

Also...if you take a late flowering clone...can you take stable clones off that clone once it has grown? Or are they somehow genetically mixed up in their expressions?

Excuse me if this is a little distant to your topic.

Edited by moorlandmoss

Taking a cutting during the veg cycle...is what it sounds like and gives you a copy of the "mother" plant.

Yeah, cutting, clone, same thing, its technically a cutting IMO, but clone sounds cooler. :LOL:   I would say a clone/cutting could be taken at anytime of the plants life, some would be less desirable, but.... would still be considered cuttings/clones even if take in flower IMHO.

Also...if you take a late flowering clone...can you take stable clones off that clone once it has grown?

Yes, but it will require my time and care than a normal clone.

Or are they somehow genetically mixed up in their expressions?

Err, If the plant/clone/cutting suffers stress "genetic drift" could occur, also over very long periods of time even well take care of plants will drift....but you can "re-veg" a plant.

Taking a clone during (I think it has to be close too two weeks after the flowering cycle began) will give you a clone that will bush out and have multiple and irregular tops....it will also grow "odd" and not be a copy of the mother.  This is called "monster cropping"?  

I have noooo clue at all. :LOL: Sounds like "super cropping" or one of the other "new" training techniques to "easily double your yield"   Thing is they mean something different to everyone it seems, and IME they are typical horticultural practices or bastardizations there of given funny names by potheads, like "clones"   :P   Id like to hear what others think of all this.  As described, I  I would be skeptical at best, in fact i might just call BS right here. LOLOL.  

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

I've been playing with super-cropping and it's hysterically effective :-) I will get some pic's up at some point in some other thread. I say to plant.."sorry plant I'm just going to bend that there and tie it down..."..plant says..."come at me bro'"...then after cropping....plant says " 'tis but a scratch".

I don't really care what things are called, I'm not a lexographer :-) but, I'd rather choose words that are more attached to the concepts they represent than the trends that are currently expressing them......."Shoe" instead of "Jordans" Y'know :-) 

..but that flowering cutting (I will choose the less cool option).....the idea that somehow that cutting will grow differently and produce new growth in an irregular pattern or more bushy pattern has me curious. In a normal garden, I would never take a cutting during flowering, because they never take.  So it makes a quizzical sense to me that a cutting taken during flower would be odd.

Cool! Million ways to top and train a plant! Lets see some monster cropping :D 

Announcements

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today