Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
Help keep the website alive Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Soulreaper

First Go At Rso

Had a good friend hook me up with a bag of trim, decided to give RSO a try. mashed it all up and strained and pressed all the liquid out, used 78 grams of trim, and almost 350-400ml of 99% ISO. got some really good looking black liquid. I am useing a fan from a grocery store cooling unit, it moves about 35CFM. Just set it on top of the mason jar and set next to open window. So far its evaped about 1 inch off, so i figure maybe by morning it should be real close so i can put it in metal measuring cup add cpl drops of water and put it on the cup warmer for few more hours to make sure all ISO is gone. here a pic of whats evaporatin now. will ad another pic when i get up in few hours, and then another of final product.

newsig_zps1a27cc72.png

ok here couple pics of it almost done. i have it in a stainless steel measuring cup. Half cup size. Im just useing the fan to evap all the iso off. didnt wanna bother with boiling it. Will prob take another day or so to get all ISO out i think

newsig_zps1a27cc72.png

do be careful about the h2o. refrigerate after as water causes oil to go rancid. have a friend that lost 30 grams of oil with rancidity using the method you describe. just refrigerate and use quickly. you will be fine.

edit: if you wish to store for a long time, do consider oil bathing at 250 to remove iso, which boils, correct me if i'm wrong, at 165 F ish. btb, the method you are using, if done quickly, is a quick wash. ethanol gives a smoother flavor and if you set yourself up with a recovery unit, cost is minimized.

Rock on, soulreaper. good to see peeps moving in the oil direction. check out skunk opharm research you are not that far from PDX, you should drop by......

Edited by eloquentsolution

ok its turned into a tar now, gonna oil bath it for bit just to make sure everything outta it, and so that it will save for little while. Just took it outta oil bath. Im assuming once there is no bubbles what so ever that the water and iso is completly evapd? Also whats best way to store this stuff, dont really wanna leave it in the 1/2cup measurer.

Edited by SoulReaper

newsig_zps1a27cc72.png

ok its turned into a tar now, gonna oil bath it for bit just to make sure everything outta it, and so that it will save for little while. Just took it outta oil bath. Im assuming once there is no bubbles what so ever that the water and iso is completly evapd? Also whats best way to store this stuff, dont really wanna leave it in the 1/2cup measurer.

i buy 1/2 canning jars so i can keep batches and strains separate. i'm sure everything is gone. keep it less then 90 degrees f and out of the light.

too cool. congrats on the first run! let us know how it tastes the medical effects. you vaping, applying topically or ingesting? or all of the above?

Well ive done a few knife hits which were very tasty. Had good kinda sweet hash flavor. About 15 mins after hits could feel alot of relaxatio nin my back muscles, and seemd to help my back warm up. Had serious couch lock after 30 mins though lol.

newsig_zps1a27cc72.png

Well ive done a few knife hits which were very tasty. Had good kinda sweet hash flavor. About 15 mins after hits could feel alot of relaxatio nin my back muscles, and seemd to help my back warm up. Had serious couch lock after 30 mins though lol.

Nice... congrats on the first run.... it only gets better from here.. :)

TO ACCESS OUR PRIVATE FORUMS CLICK HERE! 

12863878cb1f711m3.jpg

"I'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i am not"

"OMMP GREEN PAGE"                        Brothers With Glass

sounds like you have great results on your first try......congrats!

yea, i suspected you would get a little drowsy. the effort is to oil bath till the bubbles get small but plentiful. now watch closely because you want to pull it off just as the bubbles drop off to a few around the edges. at this point the thc is degradating to cbn (sedative) faster then then thca is turning to thc. that is the maximum thc content....perfect for day oil! (if you have grown it mostly clear and cloudy). make sense?

the oil you are enjoying will be best suited for evening use. get another batch going for day use and you will be a happy man!

ROCK ON, SOULREAPER!

Ok tried things a little different this morning. Took about 3ml of glycerine tinct, and ate about penny size dab of RSO. With combination of both these i could definatly see myself not needing pain pills unless i break something, or have a bad fall. Amazing stuff. Wanted to say thanks to the provider of the trim, and thanks to every1 who watchd this tread. Overall was very simple to do, just remeber extremely good ventilation.

newsig_zps1a27cc72.png

i had two molars pulled and needed no pain pills after. nothing like hash oil!

we just sat on the side lines, you did the work....you take the credit. this is your hash oil!

Edited by eloquentsolution

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us ! This shows that by following simple instructions, anyone can make usable medicine from what would otherwise be undesirable to consume by smoking. Great work, and great feedback !

Thanks,

<KZ>

"Minds are like parachutes, both function best when opened" 1KZSignature.jpg

Bump this is a great post for any one that's still on the fence and a little scared to try and make thier own oil , just be careful and use plenty of ventilation or do things outside if you can ! :-)

Thanks for sharing man, and i am glad it worked out to your satisfaction.  Always fun experimenting, lots more fun when it goes right! 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else.