Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest weedwhat

Qwiso Question

Guest weedwhat

Howdy folks, I made some QWISO yesterday and had some funny results. It's RED! It tastes good, smells good, but is not very potent. I'm curious why it turned red and why it isn't very comparable to the buds, which are very potent. You may want to know my process to help but first I'll post some pictures and see if you can help from that.

Is this cloudyness the wax and plant material or the oil?

16kp53c.jpg

1zevbb4.jpg

erxwy8.jpg

Today after it was sitting out all night.

xehaja.jpg

sdla2p.jpg

Guest weedwhat

very strange, what kinda butane u use?

I used 99% Iso Alcohol

Guest weedwhat

did you properly flush? Kinda looks like my runoff after watering.

I flushed the plants for about 3-4 weeks before harvesting. I didn't flush the oil if that's what you're asking, IDK what that is or how it's done.

I flushed the plants for about 3-4 weeks before harvesting. I didn't flush the oil if that's what you're asking, IDK what that is or how it's done.

I was asking about flushing the plants, I'm not even sure if it possible to "flush" oil. Maybe this is strain specific.

Guest weedwhat

I was asking about flushing the plants, I'm not even sure if it possible to "flush" oil. Maybe this is strain specific.

Right on, that's what I figured. However Graywolf and ES have threads on "finishing oil" and using salt water to filter oil further. I can't really understand exactly what kinds of extractions those threads are about.

Guest weedwhat

I'm making another batch today with a different strain. I filtered it quite a few more times and it was completely clear when I put it in the pyrex dish, the longer it sits on the double boiler, the more of this cloudiness appears. Maybe it's something with using water underneath to heat the ISO off?

Heinz ISO? :LOL: No clue man, but I do l respect your question. Like me, youll step right up and say "What the heck happened here??" lmao.. Good luck looking forward to the conclusion of this.

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

Guest weedwhat

Hmm, thanks Graywolf. This was a sativa as well, the others were indica and produced more of a golden brown color than red.

Edited by weedwhat

Guest weedwhat

Could I re-dissolve it in Iso and run it through coffee filters again to remove it? Ethyl alcohol is pretty expensive compared to Iso.

Could I re-dissolve it in Iso and run it through coffee filters again to remove it? Ethyl alcohol is pretty expensive compared to Iso.

This thread is going on here.

A question was posed to you. Please follow my link here and continue asking your questions,. or reply below and I will post for you.

"Cloudyness in a QWISO can be retained water or small bubbles. How was it purged'? BY GrayWolf Via Skunk Pharm Reaearch LLC

thanks Eddie

Your welcome, You can log in there with one click via twitter or facebook.

Not sure if it is relevant, but I do iso runs when I have the resources because I love dabs and butane is too dangerous. While I was researching how to make the best oil, I only came across one thing that reminds me of this and it is a fairly common mistake for new alchemists. Did you leave the dish in the sun to evaporate? This is sometimes done as a sort of distillation to make tinctures and I have seen many of them turn red (and UV rays would degrade the cannabinoids greatly, hence the lack of potency.)

Typically, people would use these type of tinctures as topical treatments for skin rashes or infections, but the THC levels are too low to have medicinal value when ingested.

Hope your problem has already been solved!

Some plants will turn red and purple as anthocyanins are produced using excess sugars in the leaves and spreading through cell fluids. The pH of the cell fluid determines the color variation, with an acidic fluid producing reddish hues, and an alkaline fluid producing blues. Cellular pH being genetically regulated, each strain has its own unique combination of chlorophyll and carotenoids and potential for anthocyanins production, giving a great splash of color to a diversified grow as nights grow longer and temperature cools. Many strain’s color range is limited exclusively to greens and yellows through the life cycle.

I know the thread is old, but I figured id complete the answer.

Very nice addition to a great thread. Thanks. 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else.