• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Magweedo

Flushing.

Flushing is the act of running water through your growing medium to completely rid the plant of Nitrogen and other chemicals such as extra nutrients before harvesting. It makes the bud easier to cure and make it taste better. Also, a good indication of a proper flush is to smoke a bowl of your cured medicine. The color of the ash left behind is the answer, a white ash means an excellent flush. While darker ash doesn't automatically mean your buds are bad but still have some unwanted chemicals inside. Some people also use Molasses during their flush which is said to promote bud growth, and the simple sugars in Molasses are an excellent source of energy for your plants that doesn't effect the taste at all.

9_Home_page_banner.jpg

Newbie question i'm running 2, 10 gallon smart pots and 2, 7 gallon pots i flushed once and had two 5 gallon buckets of run off was that enough of a flush? ,and should i flush again . How long after flush should i wait to harvest meds , should i let them totally dry out. Flush was with plain water . Thank you for any help ,info on this.

We take the plant in the pot and move it into the shower and run a few more gallons of water through it, when it comes out clean I think your good, (say 20 gallons) then try and put the plant back in the light for a while (couple days) then you should have good flush, OR I would just add water to the plants the last ten days,

After you flush the way i first explained I would say the plants can be brought down that night or the next morning.

Thank you ! I'm probably over thinking things , but have had meds to was not flushed properly and hate that taste, should i stop adding molasses as well at this point and just stick to plain water for the 10 days. Wish i could get them to my shower but my doors not wide enough to get my girls out in one piece. Thanks again ,count downs began.

Hey Keoni use the molasses for the ten days, That molasses will cause the cell walls of the roots too open and take up more water, along with adding carbohydrates for the roots, I think your going to do great this way, Just water like normal. Add at least one or two table spoons to five gallons, Here is the tip for this, Always add the same amount of molasses each time. Let those roots know their going to receive it each time and they'll put off some great tasting buds.

Thats what you do. Stay with what ever amount you have been using because those roots are very sensitive to the quantity of molasses they are receiving.

Sounds good i have been using molasses thru flower at rate 1tablespoon per gallon so will stick with that
thru to the end.

fun FYI - Flushing with ice cold water shocks the plant into producing some vibrant colors if you're into that kinda thing :wink:

"As they fell from heaven, the plants said, "Whichever living soul we pervade, that man will suffer no harm.'

~ Rigveda ~

Good to know thanks will give that a try, I noticed the sugar leafs on the raspberry kush seemed lot darker last night started flush 4 days ago.

I know I'm going to get blasted for this but it's true and never has the taste been effected.

Out of all the years I've been growing (since I was 15, 60 now) not once have I ever flushed them like what I have just read. Outside it's not even a factor,  inside 2 weeks before harvest I cut nutrient level 50%, then the last week nothing but water is given. Then plant inside will use up the excess nitrogen pretty fast since the nitrogen levels are so low anyway. What I have found is the drying and curing process what makes the taste right, same as in curing tobacco, no different really.

Reality: Imagination's Joke