• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I pray for others who are going through trying times. I can't pray that God give you what I want for you. I don't know what you need and my needs are different than your needs. One sponsor put it this way "what if I don't want them to have a new wet suit?" This is how I learned to pray for others and not myself. In my AA program it says in step 11 says " Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him "praying only for His will for us and the power to carry it out" So it tells me right there how best to pray. I'm also told not to pray for myself except for how it might benefit others. In other words I have spent too much time praying for my own selfish needs ie; God, please let me have this person or that thing. This is selfish and prayer should not be about ourselves but of others to be of usefulness. This thread is in no way intended to tell you how to pray, you are each entitled to pray as you wish, it's not up to me to tell you how to do it. I have tried many forms of pray in my journey of life, some have worked others haven't. This is only about how I pray and my experience with it today, my prayers might change tomorrow. Please don't let this deter you from your chosen path as stated only you know what's best for you not me. But I can pray for all of you that Your Higher Power give you knowledge of His/Her/It's will for you and the power to carry it out. Again, this in not my telling you how you have to pray. :huh:

shortglide-1.jpg

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --That principle is contempt prior to investigation."Herbert Spencer

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. —William James