• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wickedj

When To Harvest Marijuana - Peak THC Production an

When to harvest is a great question and just looking at your buds like this you may not know if its the peak moment in THC production. Usually if the Pistils are at this point you should harvest but just by looking at the plant with one of these cheap 30 X magnifying glasses you will be able to see much closer at the Trichromes, these are clear trichromes this is to early to harvest as they are not fully mature. Here we have milky trichromes, these are ripe and at their peak. Once you see amber trichromes, the orange red looking ones, they are going past their prime. Usually 10 to 15% amber means 70% or more milky trichromes and is begging you to harvest. EVERYTHING you will ever need to know for how to grow your own mind blowing top-caliber medical-grade Marijuana. http://goo.gl/RKur6

yeppers

e7b57f2f0c61ad10e6d3f7c0bdf59c60.png

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

When to harvest is a great question and just looking at your buds like this you may not know if its the peak moment in THC production. Usually if the Pistils are at this point you should harvest but just by looking at the plant with one of these cheap 30 X magnifying glasses you will be able to see much closer at the Trichromes, these are clear trichromes this is to early to harvest as they are not fully mature. Here we have milky trichromes, these are ripe and at their peak. Once you see amber trichromes, the orange red looking ones, they are going past their prime. Usually 10 to 15% amber means 70% or more milky trichromes and is begging you to harvest. EVERYTHING you will ever need to know for how to grow your own mind blowing top-caliber medical-grade Marijuana. http://goo.gl/RKur6

Nice post thanks for sharing...

TO ACCESS OUR PRIVATE FORUMS CLICK HERE! 

12863878cb1f711m3.jpg

"I'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i am not"

"OMMP GREEN PAGE"                        Brothers With Glass

amber trichs may mean somethings are breaking down, but its also what many pain and anxiety peeps need for their medicine. At least 1/4 to 1/2 amber for heavy pain or sleep meds. What's really funny is the yield increase and the potency increase when waiting an extra week or two to fully finish, ripen with a good flush. JMHO. I see many many buds pulled way before their times, I even see people running out of smoke and instead of just waiting a week and doing without or getting by, harvest time, then you smoke or vape their pretty but impotent meds, WTF? Go to all that trouble just to yank a week or two early, mess your yield and medicine strength up, never understood it. but tha's just me.

amber trichs may mean somethings are breaking down, but its also what many pain and anxiety peeps need for their medicine. At least 1/4 to 1/2 amber for heavy pain or sleep meds. What's really funny is the yield increase and the potency increase when waiting an extra week or two to fully finish, ripen with a good flush. JMHO. I see many many buds pulled way before their times, I even see people running out of smoke and instead of just waiting a week and doing without or getting by, harvest time, then you smoke or vape their pretty but impotent meds, WTF? Go to all that trouble just to yank a week or two early, mess your yield and medicine strength up, never understood it. but tha's just me.

I agree.

THC breaks down to CBN, which is a sedative and also has anti-spasm properties. Great for night time meds, and especially for people with nerve pain and anxiety and/or PTSD.

Everyone likes their cannabis at different levels of ripeness and have different ailments, so there is no magic number that works best for everyone. Also, different people's bodies will react differently to the same exact medicine.

I just have to echo what Dudz and JackFrost are saying on this topic. The time of harvest is ultimately dependent on what the grower wants the cannabinoid profile of their strain to be, be it sedative or active; pain relieving or energizing, etc.. Additionally, the effects on a plant's cannabinoid make-up are highly strain and condition dependent. Because of this fact, a grower has to have a solid grasp of what a certain strain (AT LEAST -- experience with clones from a single mother would be preferred) will do in his or her actual growing conditions in order to have a solid understanding of what the outcome of a certain pull time might be.

While it would be nice to have a set protocol on when to harvest, and while the progress of the trichome life-cycle can be tracked well enough for a rough estimation through color and opacity, the fact of the matter is that each strain is different and each plant is ultimately different, no matter how stringent we are with the parameters of our grows.

The proverb of the hour on this one is experience is the best teacher. ...That and the old adage about never moving a bread shop for fear that the bread will be no good, haha...

It takes a nuanced understanding of your environment to have the wherewithal to influence that environment toward a specific aim.

when I was new to growing these pictures helped me a ton when it came to when to harvest. I forget where I found them

attachicon.gifWF When_To_Harvest_2.jpg

attachicon.gifwhen_to_harvest.jpg

This s a great tool. Thanks for bringing it here. :)

Never over 10% amber :D  hahaha, Dudz has it figured out IMO. 

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

found this and thought it might help   harvesting and curing What are Trichomes?

Although cannabis resin glands called trichomes are structurally diverse, they come in three basic varieties:

• Bulbous:

The bulbous type is the smallest (15-30 micron). From one to four cells make up the "foot" and "stalk," and one to four cells make up the "head" of the gland. Head cells secrete a resin - presumably cannabinoids, and related compounds which accumulate between the head cells and the cuticle. When the gland matures, a nipple-like protrusion may form on the membrane from the pressure of the accumulating resin. The bulbous glands are found scattered about the surfaces of the above-ground plant parts.

• Capitate-Sessile:

The second type of gland is much larger & is more numerous than the bulbous glands. They are called capitate, which means having a globular-shaped head. On immature plants, the heads lie flush, appearing not to have a stalk and are called capitate sessile. They actually have a stalk that is one cell high, although it may not be visible beneath the globular head. The head is composed of usually eight, but up to 16 cells, that form a convex rosette. These cells secrete cannabinoids, and related compounds which accumulate between the rosette and it's outer membrane. This gives it a spherical shape. The gland measures from 25 to 100 micron across.

• Capitate-Stalked:

Cannabinoids are most abundant in the capitate-stalked gland which consists of a tier of secretory disc cells subtending a large non-cellular secretory cavity. During flowering the capitate glands that appear on the newly formed plant parts take on a third form. Some of the glands are raised to a height of 150 to 500 micron when their stalks elongate. These capitate-stalked glands appear during flowering and form their densest cover on the female flower bracts. They are also highly concentrated on the small leaves that accompany the flowers. The male flowers have stalked glands on the sepals, but they are smaller and less concentrated than on the female bracts. Male flowers form a row of very large capitate glands along the opposite sides of anthers......

sp4r500w.jpg

more here

http://www.cannabis.com/growing/curing-what-are-trichomes-trichome-101.html

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

Quick question....... At what rate do cloudy turn to amber????  I know that this is probably different for each strain but is there a rule of thumb? 

I am asking this because I keep a close eye on my plants around harvest time and never want to get more than 10-20% amber.  When I first notice ambers starting to show how long do I have until things completely degrade?  Overnight, days, weeks? 

I am finding a fine line between making sure that the harvest is at both its peak thc production and bulkiness. 

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

That is a real can of worms.... I think it all depends. weeks, perhaps a month between the extremes.   I think there is at least a week or so window to pick near optimum.  I have done it most way and I prefer them very early by most standards, heavy sativa effect....due mostly to the heavy Indica influence of most strains today a mortal can acquire.  IMe once they go mostly cloudy a time elapses that little happens then the ambers start showing, when I can see more amber than clear, I pluck em!  I agree with Dudz on the amber is a sign of deterioration the medicine is degrading, if you like it like that, fine, I do not. I like it heady and smiles and energy and no couch lock. I have whiskey to sleep by and little pain.  

Disappointment is caused by unrealistic expectations. / The more I learn about people the more I like my dog. / Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. / Its like everything it depends on everything else. 

I got my paws on some 12-14 week sativa seeds. It is Sativa Seeds Eldorado.  "Sativa Seeds Eldorado is a remarkable Sativa from the Oaxaca region of Mexico.  At Nirvana, we have been selectively backcrossing this landrace for at least a dozen generations.  Eldorado provides a crisp, sharp and inspiring high that is rarely found elsewhere. Eldorado cannabis seeds flower in 12-14 weeks and they can be cultivated both indoors and outdoors.  Her buds are thin and airy, which means yields are not of particular commercial interest, but fortunately, the quality of Eldorado smoke is the stuff of legends!"

Should be an interesting grow.  Once I have some meds stocked up I will put one or two of these into rotation. 

“You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.”  "If you don't try to be great, you don't really even have a good chance of being good"

Oh ho ho hohohoho, That sounds amazing to me man!   I will be glued to this grow!!!!  IMHO if sativa plants yielded like a Indica,  things would be much different in our gene pool :D 

Not sure if it has been said but when the trichomes are milky/cloudy they are purely different sorts of thc(id guess since there are different forms of it that change as the plant matures). When they are amber it means that the thc is turning into cbn. By decarboxylation and certain light rays. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Sounds right to me.  SRG, but I'm not very well versed in chemistry. 
I remember reading something about the delta rotational value of THC.. did not really understand it as it was above my head, but back on topic.

It is very hard to generalize the best time to harvest indoor, of course with outdoor there are other factors at play. As SomeRandomGuy said, the amber color change in the trichomes is a breakdown product of THC; CBN. This happens when THC is exposed to light and oxygen and happens at a quicker pace with heat. CBN is only created from THC as far as I know. It has its own medicinal qualities. It may help to regulate or boost the effects of THC (purely hypothetical).

Even when cured and stored long-term in mason jars the breakdown still takes place overtime, but at a much slower pace; no UV rays and minimal fresh air exchange.

I have no clue whats taking place as the trichomes turn milky...

Maybe this was mentioned and I overlooked it.

I have heard/read somehwere, someblog, some thread, some fourm, that it's best to harvest a little before lights on in the morning. This is something to do with the way the plant stores food overnight and transfers nutrients between its roots and stems. Catching the plant in the early morning before the nutrients are pumped back into the stems/leaves/buds is supposed to improve the flavour.

The exact science I'm not sure of, but I consider it like killing a chicken in the morning so they never wake up from dreaming...

Maybe this was mentioned and I overlooked it.

I have heard/read somehwere, someblog, some thread, some fourm, that it's best to harvest a little before lights on in the morning. This is something to do with the way the plant stores food overnight and transfers nutrients between its roots and stems. Catching the plant in the early morning before the nutrients are pumped back into the stems/leaves/buds is supposed to improve the flavour.

The exact science I'm not sure of, but I consider it like killing a chicken in the morning so they never wake up from dreaming...

I think I've even seen where people shut the lights out for a few days before harvest to increase one thing or another,

LOL about the chicken,

ommp-pay-it-forward-600-200.jpg