Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
Help keep the website alive (chance to win a GoPro in the process) Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

simpleways

V.A. @ OMMP

Hello,yall.Im a disabled vet 100% and in the system 10 years. so ya ,i know the ins and out alittle.So i thought,i moved up here 24 days ago to be close to my son. Ii havent seen in 15 years,but thats a different story.on Feb 14 i go to a appointment to set up my V.A.here.see the Doctor and he looks at my records and asked have you ever consider medical marijuana. well it didnt take me long to say i sure do ( i do ).well he gives me more loratab my paper work and said go to Portland Alternative Clenic. So i did. and they did , we did.so a week later i get a house. change of address at the window. and the lady tells me i could have brought the papers there. and save the money on the middle man clenic. ya ,scratched my ass to. so V.A. Disabled Vets (get the records from your doctor and mail regesterd letter after March 5 2012) IF THATS WHAT I UNDERSTODE ONCE YOU GET RECIEPT THAT THAY RECIVED(GRAY AREA ) YOU REGESTERD. DONT FORGET YOUR OTHER PAPERS WORK TO GO WITH IT. temp till card comes.

I Myself am a Disabled vet also 100% service connected. My docs have been very careful not to word it so that it says they think it is beneficial for me. But I have managed to get off ALL but 1 pharmaceutical taking full extract cannabis oil. I have been on the oil for a little over 2 years and have been on maintenance of .5 grams daily. When pain breaks through that I just take another capsule. I finally found a doc there at the VA who is actually working with me taking me off all pharmas except one. I am still on my thyroid meds but will work on getting rid of that at a later time.

My Conditions are OsteoArthritis, Degenerative disk Disease, All kinds of issues with my feet  basically my bones throughout my body are jacked up but the organs are all good ;)

I was on so many pain killers I was always nauseous, dizzy or not functional.. I Love my life now.. do have bad pain days at times but for the most part I am 90 % better .. I will take that anytime!

I wish I could get them to say it helps so I can take that paperwork in for my card but it has not happened yet.

Im trying EloquentSolution But the most they have done is said that I have chosen to remove myself from the pain meds and Use Cannabis instead but that is as far as they have gone. I am keeping my eyes open. And I keep asking.

Since we are living on just my hubby's 100% disability (veterans) check each month I was wondering if we could cut out the middle man also.  My husband has run out of his antidepressants and sleeps most of the day right now.  He has an appt. with the VA clinic in Salem and I wonder if talking to the doc about him considering MM might help?  He has used med marij before to sleep, but I think if he used it for depression & all the things that go with PTSD it might help him.

I went to the doc again and again I told them how Cannabis helps me and how I take Cannabis Extract Oil for my Chronic Pains.

They Listed it in my medical record as "Patients uses Cannabis Extract" BUT STILL they have not put it helps. They are avoiding that wording :(

they also show in my medications how I have chosen to remove myself from those meds and use just cannabis but it says its my choice. They still arent wording it as recommended or that it helps

Edited by Gina

I think because vets come under Federal and the federal govt. hasn't come on board with the good that med marijuana is doing for people.  Stupid rules & regs LOL

I am not a vet but been thru at least 6 pain clinics since the 90's most all where dead set againts med. marj. and just pumped me full of pain meds  so much so i had to stop driving, i would ask them to sign for me and get turned down and they to would be very careful not to word things in my favor,the one i'm with nows been a blessing i am the first patient they have signed for it took them 5months to check with thier lawyers but  the point is doctors are finally starting to recongnice cannabis as a positive . Best of luck   and  i would stay after your doctos to sign your paper work, I told mine i was getting it either way and did not want to be force to go to a clinic that would sign for any one that had money to fork over to them