Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wickedj

Dry Ice Hash Extraction

I saw a video that blew me away. I'm sure this is not anywhere near a new hash method, but I have never seen it done this way before. I definately think that everyone should give it a try. 1st run is with my friends dry trim/shake. Approx 1 oz of dry matter yielded 10.5 grams of high grade kief(unpressed hash). 2nd run was with my fresh frozen Chocolope harvest trim. Approx 4 oz's wet trim yielded about 9 grams of kief. After all said and done I'd honestly say this is the best way and an extremely cheap and fast way to extract hash. This can be easily made into BHO or pressed hash if you wanted to take it further. This is as far as we went with it today.

I just tried this method, and this was the result of my 1st pull on maybe 2 oz of shake. It gets greener the longer you go, but that first pull is prime!

I gathered the keif into the bottom corner of a baggy, twisted it to make it tight, and then I stuck it in my pants! Warmed it up to core temperature for about 30 minutes and then I pressed it between two of my schoolbooks by standing directly on it with my heel (210lbs). Cost $5 total. $2 for the produce bags from Fred Meyer, and $3 for 3 lbs of dry ice. I'm a happy camper!

i-sFxbX5c-XL.jpg

"As they fell from heaven, the plants said, "Whichever living soul we pervade, that man will suffer no harm.'

~ Rigveda ~

I just tried this method, and this was the result of my 1st pull on maybe 2 oz of shake. It gets greener the longer you go, but that first pull is prime!

I gathered the keif into the bottom corner of a baggy, twisted it to make it tight, and then I stuck it in my pants! Warmed it up to core temperature for about 30 minutes and then I pressed it between two of my schoolbooks by standing directly on it with my heel (210lbs). Cost $5 total. $2 for the produce bags from Fred Meyer, and $3 for 3 lbs of dry ice. I'm a happy camper!

i-sFxbX5c-XL.jpg

ya that was a day of making.hash that was fun its crazy that I got 14 grams off of my third shaking even after it was.pressed definitely a good day and lots of.hash :)

I don't own a scale, so I'm not sure how much it ended up being, but I'd say probably 6-7g?

Next time I would probably use bubble bags with the dry ice as I don't know the micron size of the produce bags. It doesn't bubble, but it sure does the trick! This batch was made with the trim from my Blueberry and Blackberry plants and it smells so fruity!

"As they fell from heaven, the plants said, "Whichever living soul we pervade, that man will suffer no harm.'

~ Rigveda ~

I use this same method personaly, but I take it a step furthur by running the keif through a couple bubble bags and ice water. So much easier running the keif instead of all the trimmings, lol.