Theo

Now that's a campfire!

I recall some years ago, a camping canoeing trip on the Columbia River. It must've been in mid-August, anyway as the story goes: my buddy and I having had spent the day, fishing and exploring the river were now tired and ready to set camp. So we set our attentions to searching for that perfect camping location on the river. The focus of our attention was a location that would supply, plenty of firewood for the evening. It wasn't until dusk or early evening that we had spotted a little strip of beach that offered everything we were looking for especially our firewood. It would be in the form of a drift wood pile measuring approximately 6 foot wide by 100 foot long. Give or take a few feet. Having had spotted our firewood and campsite we promptly pulled ashore and set about the task of pitching camp for the night. The idea had came to us, why don't we pitch the tent at the lower end of the drift wood pile, while igniting the other end by morning the fire should be right in front of our tent. So sure enough we lit- up the pile at the upper end and went about our chores. It must've been only 15-20 min. tops that the entire pile was now ablaze I mean the entire beach was on fire. It could've been easily spotted for miles down river. All we had to put the fire out with was to empty Coke bottles. We were fetching water as fast as we could, however it was of little use. All we could do is stand by and watch our beach burn. We thought our asses were in the sling for sure. Minutes seemed like hours as the fire raged out of control. Having realized that there was no putting it out. We decided to make the best of it. All efforts to put the fire out ceased. The next thing we knew was that we had started joking and dancing around the fire like a couple of savages. The fire blazed on for the rest of the night as we sang and chanted to it. Now that's what I call a campfire! Ha ha. Yours truly DB.

Guest howlin420   
Guest howlin420

sorry I don't do text messaging so I don't understand lmao.

Had to ask my niece for the break down on that one. My version of lol is haha.

Laughing my ass off you say: I would not have guessed that in 1 million years ha ha and LOL are about as far as my intelligence take me. Ha ha!

D@mn kids and their lingo, here's a bunch more to look at

http://www.internetslang.com/

Enjoy , lol

my word a person could literally go through slang school, I had no idea there were so many abbreviations. It would take forever to learn them all. I think I'll just stick with writing it out. It's far too much for me to remember especially if you factor in medicating ha ha yours truly DB

i was involved in a similar incident on east thurlow island, the inside passage of vancouver island. i had taken my honeymoon separate from my husband (and you wonder why i am single), driven to the upper end of vancouver island, then took a float plane into the island.

i have no idea where the ten foot high and wide, forty foot long pile of logging slash came from. i did tell bob the idea was not a good one, but he insisted and who am i to dissuade a determined testosterone inflamed male. he lit the fire.

we perched on a log 10 feet away......not far enough, but we wanted to roast out hot dogs and marshmallows. the short of it, we did cook the food, although we could not get nearly close enough to roast them on a stick. they cooked in the bags from the heat of the fire.

and, as danny boy says, "Now that's a campfire!"

yes them fire sprites can sure make a blaze that seems to light the world!!lol have had a few whiteman fires meself!white men built big fires stand way back indians build small fire get close to warm them bones!!!love it!!glade all worked out to the best.

I remember a similar tale of snow camping at mt hood and finding out next morning I had the kids tent with no cold protection and wrong sleeping bag. I woke up and was freezing. everyone had been drinking and went to bed my cousins bare feet were sticking out of his tent but his friend covered them up when he got up to pee. I kept getting up to throw more logs on the fire. by morning all the wood was gone. he spent all day cutting a huge pile of logs. that's when I found out I was using the wrong sleeping bag with no cold protection. I found some wild strawberry plants on that trip. tommy w

For some reason or another when I went back and looked at my topic title it instantly reminded me of that movie: (romancing the stone} in one scene they showed a fire built entirely of bricks of weed. If I'm not mistaken he may have said something along the lines of my title ha ha!

For some reason or another when I went back and looked at my topic title it instantly reminded me of that movie: (romancing the stone} in one scene they showed a fire built entirely of bricks of weed. If I'm not mistaken he may have said something along the lines of my title ha ha!

Yeah I remember that scene, where they come across the cargo plane that went down in the jungles, all the crew were dead, and it was full of Bricks. Good one Dannyboy

Perhaps I've seen too much TV ha ha! But that was a great movie and a great scene. It seems to me that I've seen other movies where they have burned bricks of marijuana for one reason or another. For the life of me I can't think of any of the titles can you?