Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WavvesWavves

Earwax, Budder

Curious if any of you out there have any experience with a cannabis extract called "earwax" or "budder"? From my research I've so far concluded that it's BHO that's been heated at a low temp for about an hour and whipped. This process apparently removes all of the residual butane and makes a cleaner tasting product which isn't as sticky and comes out more oily and waxy. I've also heard of other techniques that involve more time, but I have no info about them. The product is GRADE A and kinda ruins your tolerance, but it's awesome for sharp pains.

Curious if anyone had any info on the procedures to follow to make these new products. I feel like the clubs want to keep these procedures as trade secrets. I hear QWISO makes better product and the key is to use top buds instead of trim for your oil to "budder up" and some strains simply won't.

Figured Gray Wolf might know something about this as he's on the website I found the info: International Cannagraphic, which is wonderful BTW.

Thanks, guys!

Still searching for:

Cake

Stinky Pinky

Purple Kush

Orange Crush

Dabney Blue

Razzleberry

Dr. Funk

Purple Sticky Punch

Crimea Blue

Deep Chunk

Mental Floss

aw,i believe there are some here very experienced in this ..i will wait for them to respond

e7b57f2f0c61ad10e6d3f7c0bdf59c60.png

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

Stole these from, IC mag, but here are some examples of what I'm talking about.

Bruce Banner Earwax

brucebanner.jpg

Vortex Earwax

vortexw.jpg

Obviously different extractions (BHO, QWISO, Etc.) and different strains will offer different colors and purity levels of starting material.

Still searching for:

Cake

Stinky Pinky

Purple Kush

Orange Crush

Dabney Blue

Razzleberry

Dr. Funk

Purple Sticky Punch

Crimea Blue

Deep Chunk

Mental Floss

aw,i believe there are some here very experienced in this ..i will wait for them to respond

Thanks Cheri, you're so kind.

Still searching for:

Cake

Stinky Pinky

Purple Kush

Orange Crush

Dabney Blue

Razzleberry

Dr. Funk

Purple Sticky Punch

Crimea Blue

Deep Chunk

Mental Floss

if you have read alot on icmag, you will see that some say you cannot make budder with iso as it requires residual butane to accomplish budder. those that attempt it with an absolute, fail for that reason.

considering what i just said, budder is less pure then other extractions. the act of whipping it into budder actually locks those residuals into the product.

considering the results you experienced, and that oil is strain specific, just as flowers are, you may be getting oil from a strain that is highly beneficial for your condition.

the first time i met graywolf, three years ago, (other then on line) i invited him to the farm for a butane extraction i was doing with kindzone, dusty91, softouch and maybe others. when we had finished the old school bho process of shooting into a pyrex dish floating in hot water (hard to imagine now), graywolf whipped it into budder. he did it quite easily as it had significant butane contaminant.

are there others with more experience to enlighten us?....or god forbid, correct me? heheheshe

I agree. I have never been able to get my BHO to "whip" to any consistency other than oil or tar. Definitely not after purifying it.

If you stir it heavily during the initial cookoff (right after evaporating the butane from the pyrex dish, when there is still lots of butane in it) it whips up quite nicely.

If you decarboxylate the oil over heat for an extended period of time, it will almost (but not quite) turn to hard candy at room temperature. Just a few degrees cooler and it's rock solid.

:P I just experimented with my Lavender BHO extraction I had performed earlier today, I gleaned a few techniques from IC mag and pieced it together for myself.

In my procedure, I used a small glass gram sized vial that I had kept the BHO in and made a whipping tool with a paperclip and a Dremel. I used a hotplate so as to keep heat low and controlled. I set the vial on the hotplate until bubbling and used the low Dremel speed (7500 rpm) to whip the oil in the vial for a few minutes. Then I put the vial in the freezer to let the oil harden and repeated my procedure about 3-4 times.

WORKED!!

I love my Earwax.

Next, I'll attempt to prepare some Holy Sh*t. I'll need more flowers for more oil. Guess I'll grow more, LOL.

Still searching for:

Cake

Stinky Pinky

Purple Kush

Orange Crush

Dabney Blue

Razzleberry

Dr. Funk

Purple Sticky Punch

Crimea Blue

Deep Chunk

Mental Floss

I'm new to most of the extract stuff, and I guess it just scares me to to experiment as I've had a few "learning experiences". So far I haven't lost TOO much usable material, but it's always hard to accept...

I'd like to try some of the purer extractions, but my budget is usually what holds me back.

Still searching for:

Cake

Stinky Pinky

Purple Kush

Orange Crush

Dabney Blue

Razzleberry

Dr. Funk

Purple Sticky Punch

Crimea Blue

Deep Chunk

Mental Floss

I'm thinking that it whips due to contamination of butane and/or moisture and/or plant matter.

The more I process and purify mine, the more like a very pristine amber colored tree sap it becomes.

Glad I used BHO for my first experiment then. B)

I know you guys say it's not as pure and that it locks in the butane impurities, but whipping seems to really bring out the turpenes in honey and it definitely makes an easier to handle product. I've also heard rumors that claim heating and whipping BHO can convert some of the CBD and CBN into THC making it more psychoactive. :Hmm:

Still searching for:

Cake

Stinky Pinky

Purple Kush

Orange Crush

Dabney Blue

Razzleberry

Dr. Funk

Purple Sticky Punch

Crimea Blue

Deep Chunk

Mental Floss

Glad I used BHO for my first experiment then. B)

I know you guys say it's not as pure and that it locks in the butane impurities, but whipping seems to really bring out the turpenes in honey and it definitely makes an easier to handle product. I've also heard rumors that claim heating and whipping BHO can convert some of the CBD and CBN into THC making it more psychoactive. :Hmm:

whipping actually locks in residual small amounts of butane; which incidentally is used in food processing, says graywolf. i know we suck in butane every time we strike a butane lighter. altho it is not harmful, but i really dislike the flavor of petroleum products.

for the sake of first hand experience, wave squared, i will have to leave make some bho, lacking the refinement to the state of mostly purged, and try to make my own budder, see if i can taste terpenes through butane.

the degradation of thc yields cbn, the reason decarboxylation to quiescence is more sedative. skunk pharm research is still researching and have found nothing on the degradation of cbd or cbn.