Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

@CANNACHRON

CANNACHRON29 May 11:49 PM  

missed you guys in chat today! good news, I think my plan to make this grow season happen is coming together. Tomorrow I am gonna go buy clones. now, the one thing left to figure out... What kind of soil, and what, if any other supplies do I need. I know I will want a ph test kit. Ill neeed to think of a trelis type setup. I feel confident watering cannabis in pots. But is it a different technique when watering plants that are in the ground directly( these plants at lest 4 of them will be planted in tires, and im gonna dig into the ground a bit so the roots can grow where they want to.

@EDDIEKIRK thank you for that. The perlite is a good idea for me because im on a budget so making the medium stretch further is good. One thing i'm wondering, if i was planning on planting these in the ground (using a tire to house the plant) would there come a point where the roots extend into the normal earth and the grow medium becomes irrelevant? I have no idea if this is how that works. Also, say i bought fox farms, do you need to use nutrients? or is water fine.

Lettucebefriends

17 minutes ago, CANNACHRON said:

i was planning on planting these in the ground (using a tire to house the plant) would there come a point where the roots extend into the normal earth and the grow medium becomes irrelevant?

I've dug in the ground around portland and its mostly clay. Let's say you planted your plants in a 35-gallon made of cloth, Your plants would make roots that penetrated your medium and breach the clothe pot and be in the ground, My answer would be to just set the plant container on the ground and let it do its thing. You can grow a plant right in the grow bag that the soil come in, just make a lot of hole on the bottom so it drains, I think the bags even have drain holes already in them when they are sold.  Here I show some plants being grown this year. 

7dc30cd8607aadb7feb9b52e45980a76.jpg

17 minutes ago, CANNACHRON said:

Also, say i bought fox farms, do you need to use nutrients?

No you would not, The nutrients are in the soil (Medium) 

I like fox farms ocean forest myself (straight)

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: White Nightmare

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

7 minutes ago, EDDIEKIRK said:

Let's say you planted your plants in a 35-gallon made of cloth,

I see no reason why you could not use tires,  

tumbleweedToday 7:24 PM  

use black/white panda over them, white side up, tuck under the outside edges to make sure it does not blow away, can have it go all the way up to the stem

here are the other plants and a pic of the plant pictured in the first picture... lol. Anway im wondering why the leaves on the strawberry cough sativa are curlying

IMG_4538.jpg

Lettucebefriends

here are two better pics. And when I scraped with a finger nail it took a bit to get any off.. and idk if i even got it off. Saw a tiny white speck/flake on my finger nail but the stems looked the same.

IMG_4545 (1).jpg

IMG_4544 (1).jpg

Lettucebefriends

Hmmm, hard to see, but it doesn't look like mildew to me.  When a plant gets big enough, the older growth stems become harder and sort of flaky-skin looking, kind of like a thin bark.  Is it on just the stems? 

They sure look ready to transplant though, their roots are probably begging to grow out.

assuming you don't have other causes, curling is usually caused by the plant trying to dissipate heat (lights too close could cause that  as well).

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

if it's not soft or mushy, could be just normal growth

its not mushy the problem is i have no clue what lights they were under i could not go inside the store you pre order wait outside they bring everyone their clones out in a paper bag

Lettucebefriends

chances are very good it was not under too much light at a store selling it...

Stubs O'KiefToday 8:58 PM  

if you can afford the soil, 30-40 gallon pots are nice for outdoor grows. If I were growing anything other than these super small early flower plants, they would be back in those 40 gallon pots or in a raised bed

1 hour ago, CANNACHRON said:
1 hour ago, CANNACHRON said:

here are two better pics. And when I scraped with a finger nail it took a bit to get any off.. and idk if i even got it off. Saw a tiny white speck/flake on my finger nail but the stems looked the same.

IMG_4545 (1).jpg

IMG_4544 (1).jpg

They could be trichomes (crystals) 

Ok, let's take this in steps. Plant preparation and soil preparation.

1. Transplant the plants into a 1-2 gallon container (which will then be transplanted a second time to their final destination.

2. Decide if the plants are going into the ground or will a 7-10 gallon container (above the ground). Which one will be your game.

If you plan to go into the ground then my recommendation is to amend the soil 3-5 days before you transplant (longer is better). Assuming you have the traditional clay dominant soil, then the answer will be:

1. Add compost and sphagnum peat moss to the clay soil so it will now be 1/3 of each.

2. Mix your inputs (fertility, nutrition, liming agents, etc) with the peat moss first (easier).

If you plan to go above the ground then you will want quality potting soil and mix enough NPK fertility, nutrition and other goodies. So, hard to shine any light on a particular path until you decide, above or in the ground,.

For baby transplanting I sometimes will cut my normal charged grow medium with peat moss (1:1) and let the roots grow for week or two before the final transplant.

My guess is some of the things I see in your pictures are related to both the environment and an imbalance of the sweet 16 nutrients; your answer will be your own private Goldilocks solution: Not too much, not too little, but just right.

Start with flushing the plants with water (maybe 1 gallon each, slowly) and then, feed them with a small doses of general purpose water soluble fertilizer (I like Seagrow 16-16-16 and use at the rate of 1-2 ml /per gallon of water). Start using it daily for about a week, then everyother feeding--but water each day and maker sure you see and remove runoff (10-20%).

Why not use 5ml once a week? Because small amounts delivered more often, is less stressful to an unhealthy plant. It is my go to methodology I use when my role is Nurse Nightingale.

Where the plants are what is the air's high/low temperature and humidity?

OK...baby steps, plant preparation (transplant) and soil preparation (which path to take?).

Hope this helps.