Welcome New Members. Click and introduce yourselves. Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tentoes1962

Just a noob’s picture of my ghetto-grow

Hi I just wanted to pass along a pic of some young plants I started recently from seed.  Man they are so pretty....I got the seeds from the Cannabeizein Garden club.  There are two strains here: 1) Tree of Life BX and 2) Pineapple Haze x Second Sight.  

Really I just want something to put me in a stable orbit around Nebulon 5....these look like Indicas or at least a big genetic component.

12 minutes ago, Tentoes1962 said:

Sorry I forgot the attachment.....

Do you have plans to transplant them soon? They are getting pretty big for those cups. Also, have a small fan blowing by them to help strengthen the stalks up. 

Are they going outside? 

Thanks for showing them to us. 

No they will be staying inside and I never realized that air circulation will work to thicken the trunks and stems....  thanks EK!  

I plan to move them under some cfls shortly and to transplant them into bigger pots...this was really a spur-of -the moment idea.

6 minutes ago, Tentoes1962 said:

I never realized that air circulation will work to thicken the trunks and stems

Not too strong right now, They need to have just a slight breeze. otherwise, they could fall over. Just have your fan lightly moving them. Maybe to the side, not directly on them. soon though you can add more wind as they grow stronger. 

Its fun to grow. I know this is just experimental. They are looking really healthy right now. 

Ask me anything no matter what about growing these out. I'll keep it simple and cheap. 

Thank you EK!  I can already see roots at the bottoms of the cups that they are planted in now, so you are right about needing to put them into bigger containers.  

I’m a little unsure about what size of container to put them in next.  On the one hand, I like to minimize the number of times that they are re-potted, since whenever I do it, the plants seem to be injured and take about a week to start growing again.  Conversely I don’t want to put them into ten-gallon buckets when they probably won’t be allowed to get very big anyway.  Wow I think I just answered my own question!  

BTW in my last grow, the plants were flowered in individual 10 gallon buckets and an autopsy revealed that there was A LOT of root accumulation at the bottom of the bucket, but not so much throughout the rest of the soil volume.  That says to me that I should try and find containers that are taller and less wide than the standard ten gallon bucket, although I don’t think I will be vegging them for that long, given the space restrictions where I am now.  

I like using the homer buckets however because the hard plastic of the buckets makes for good, strong tie-down points for doing LST (Low Stress Training) of the plants during the next phase of vegging.  

I appreciate and respect the opinions of everyone on here!

1 hour ago, Tentoes1962 said:

Thank you EK!

My Pleasure

I can already see roots at the bottoms of the cups

I was concerned about that myself. Those cups will not support the plants for long. 

I’m a little unsure about what size of container to put them in next.

A one-gallon container should suffice for Vegging in the house,  You can even flower them in one gal, if necessary.  Use an aerated soil, one with lots of perlites added, this should enable your roots to grow more throughout the soil. It also helps make the soil go further. 

I have only been able to determine the sex of two of the seven plants that I have.  The two that I can identify are plain-as-day females, but the other five I’m still not sure of.   There are two different phenotypes, which complicates comparisons.  I guess I can just switch to flower light-cycle but I was hoping to free-up some space for the girls.

i tried to take some pictures of the internodes, but my phone camera has a hard time focusing on them. If I can get a good picture of some of the internodes I will post them...

Here are a few pics....the first one is a female and the next is an example of one I cannot identify.....

Both of these plants are supposed to be of the same genetic heritage, and the second pic sort-of looks like a female, but not like the first one which is definitely female.

089FE019-AD60-457F-9395-7CE035E3F063.jpeg

2CB0A2F3-FBDF-42C4-8C38-910967EEC39B.jpeg

looking good....thanks for the pix

e7b57f2f0c61ad10e6d3f7c0bdf59c60.png

THE CODE OF HUMANITY:I CHOOSE TO COMMUNICATE TRUTH,I CHOOSE THE REALITY OF LIFE,I CHOOSE TO HEAL NOT HURT,I CHOOSE EDUCATION OVER IGNORANCE,I CHOOSE THE POWER OF PEACE,I CHOOSE TO LOVE GOD(OR GOOD)AND SEE GOD OR GOOD IN ALL HUMANITY,I CHOOSE TO SEEK THE SOUL IN ALL LIVING THINGS,I CHOOSE TO LINK TO THE WORLD OF INSPIRATION,I CHOOSE THE PRINCIPLE OF SHARING,I CHOOSE TO BECOME A CO-CREATOR IN LIFE AND LIVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

Hi so here is a pic of one of the girls after switching to flower photoperiod (12/12) for about a week.  I really didn’t think they would kick-in to flower that quickly.

CE6EC8DF-2961-4C15-BBB2-EB5C9D89D656.jpeg

Let me know if anyone sees anything worrisome, pls.