• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tentoes1962

A pic of my DIY CFL light (unfinished)

Hi so in the evening chat room it was brought up what type of lights I was using and the image with this post shows an incomplete DIY CFL setup (24” x 24”) and I plan to use multiple ones for a typical grow.  You are seeing the “guts” of it but in operation, there will be another piece of wood with individual cutouts for each bulb.   

I went with CFLs instead of T8s because awhile back, when I came up with the idea, I couldn’t find any UVb lights in a T8 form factor- that is the sole reason I went with CFLs instead of T8s.  

There are 4 fans (1 on each corner) that pull air from inside (to pull air away from the plants and into the bulb area then out) and blow out to keep any heat from the CFLs away from the plants....

I intend to use this one for starting seeds then move on to T8s for the biggest part of veg, then on to flower with maybe some LEDs....dunno yet.

839AC53F-557E-4E04-AADF-1FC98B9B6159.jpeg

I really think that this is eventually going to be a light for young plants only.....I have ideas for some all-aluminum framed lights using 2’ T8s in combination with some 3-watt LEDs with the LEDs being used for flower.  

These as lights are really nothing to be proud of....

21 hours ago, Tentoes1962 said:

20 hours ago, Tentoes1962 said:

These as lights are really nothing to be proud of....

This should go in our DIY Section,  I think they are terrific. 

https://freemygreenpdx.com/?forumId=46

Hey by the way if you ever get stuck in a forum,  be sure and let me know. Sometimes it can happen if you forget that your "Clicked" into a certain category. 

f5426b3b06650365b9c4b8cd245e8ff6.png