• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tentoes1962

Current Fishing Prospects

Would anyone mind sharing what kind of fishing is “on” right now?  I was planning to take my wife and I to the coast (around yachats(? sp?) since she likes the area to relax and chill and I have done some surf fishing there too.  The trip is mostly for her (she is a middle school counselor and has a crazy, hard job) but I would like to try some fishing.  I like to go to the coast to fish when the seas are calmer and this weekend is NOT looking to be calm so I was wondering what other fishing options might be on right now.  

I guess i could could always go to the fish market and buy some and arrive at the hotel and say, “Damn! Look what I snagged, baby!....man it was a fighter!!!”

fishing from the shore or a boat? and don't forget license if required? 

Salt water or fresh?

peace,

tw

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: White Nightmare, Pineapple Express & Napali Pink

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

My wife and I both have our current fishing licenses, (fishing and shellfish).  I know that I can find a stretch of coast and throw a line in for surfperch, but I was wondering if there are maybe some fresh water species that might be biting as well, near the coast where we’ll be staying.  I have a blast (mostly) climbing around on those basalt formations, finding little crabs and clams/mussels to use as bait, knowing that I just might land a nice rockfish.

sounds like your guess is as good as mine then :smile:

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: White Nightmare, Pineapple Express & Napali Pink

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

The wife and I spent the weekend in Yachats, Oregon which is on the coast south of Newport.  I brought the fishing poles and got skunked throwing a Gulp ghost shrimp on the bottom.  

I still do like to climb around those basalt rocks in the surf knowing that I just might haul in a nice rockfish.

I ripped my jeans at the inseam and got soaked so it is me, 0, Pacific Ocean 1,

Edited by Tentoes1962
Unfinished post

Yes I will have to save up some of my newspaper-delivery-route money and get on to some bigger fish by chartering a boat....I hear that they also drop a few crab pots on the way out and check them when coming back in.