Summer giveaway, Set of 4 Medical Cannabis Coasters Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Purple Power

Florida medical marijuana patients face choice: guns or cannabis?

Rate this topic

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – More than 200,000 patients in Florida say medical marijuana is helping them. But it’s also forcing them to make a choice.

Jamie Meade has struggled with rheumatoid arthritis and spinal stenosis for 15 years. “I was in constant pain well over 20 years,” he said. “…vertebrae to vertebrae, so they had to go in…”

Back and neck surgeries and prescription drugs helped, “But still I have, at the end of the day, agonizing pain,” Jamie explained. “So I started looking into medical marijuana not knowing much about it.”....

https://kobi5.com/news/florida-medical-marijuana-patients-face-choice-guns-or-cannabis-107606/

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

New federal bill would remove gun ownership restrictions from medical marijuana patients

Medical marijuana. (PublicDomainPictures/Released)
APRIL 23, 2019 CHERYL HINNEBURG

A Republican member of Congress has proposed a bill that would permit licensed medical marijuana users the right to buy and own a gun.

West Virginia U.S. Rep. Alexander Mooney introduced bill H.R. 2071, dubbed the “Second Amendment Protection Act,” that provides an exemption for medical marijuana users from federal firearm prohibition laws, according to Guns.com.

The bill would amend Section 922 of title 18, United States Code with the exception, “an individual shall not be treated as an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance based on the individual using marihuana for a medical purpose in accordance with State law.”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/04/new-bill-could-remove-gun-ban-for-medical-marijuana-patients/?fbclid=IwAR1ZxoZb89l1FT8cNDlGOTgS12L7L-HrlkLfKP-P9stjzhLOEdBbkOw_zeo

2 hours ago, Purple Power said:

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – More than 200,000 patients in Florida say medical marijuana is helping them. But it’s also forcing them to make a choice.

Jamie Meade has struggled with rheumatoid arthritis and spinal stenosis for 15 years. “I was in constant pain well over 20 years,” he said. “…vertebrae to vertebrae, so they had to go in…”

Back and neck surgeries and prescription drugs helped, “But still I have, at the end of the day, agonizing pain,” Jamie explained. “So I started looking into medical marijuana not knowing much about it.”....

https://kobi5.com/news/florida-medical-marijuana-patients-face-choice-guns-or-cannabis-107606/

This is a form of discrimination.