Summer giveaway, Set of 4 Medical Cannabis Coasters Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Purple Power

Advocate: Bill to legalize pot lounges is dead

Rate this topic

Advocate: Bill to legalize pot lounges is dead

Oregonians won't be smoking joints at legal cannabis lounges anytime soon.

Posted: May. 15, 2019 10:08 AM

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Oregonians won't be smoking joints at legal cannabis lounges anytime soon.

The Statesman Journal reports that a bill to legalize cannabis lounges is "100% dead," according to Sam Chapman, legislative director for the New Revenue Coalition, the group behind Senate Bill 639.

The last major legislative action taken on the bill was a public hearing before the Senate Committee on Business and General Government at the end of February. Since then, the deadline to vote the bill out of committee has passed....

https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Advocate-Bill-to-legalize-pot-lounges-is-dead-509964431.html?fbclid=IwAR0LdmoWAyqES0G0cH6iVqeuTrd7D1QdEbBVcGMDCgWgyFH-Hl3Xyo9tmKo

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

I am quite sure that they can't figure out how they can TAX these places.......It is a NO BRAINER to allow such establishments, especially given how many alcohol dispensaries there already are.....Oh and by the way, how much does it cost the state to enforce alcohol consumption laws????!!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!

My wife and I occasionally visit one of these places in Portland that is such a fantastic little venue and I hope that it continues to operate in a "pseudo-legal" fashion. Several times we have visited this place and there was an obvious and overt city police presence outside and guess what?!.......Nothing happened!!!!  No riots, brawls, fist fights or any of that, just some folks went home with some new ideas about growing, curing, etc. and everyone seemed to have a good time.