• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike

Room setup

Hello all, i have an 8x8 space in which I must contain everything I need for growing (nutrients, tools, space to trim, etc)  I currently have one 3x3 tent setup in there which serves as veg, flower, and drying room. Would I be better off getting another tent, or mylar the walls and just use the room to grow?  Divide the room? Thanks in advance!

Mike

Hopefully, others will chime in here. :advbd:

I took my 12-by-12-by-7 foot tall room and separated it with a wall and a door, The larger side 12-7--7 I used for blooming and the other side (12x5x7) for my veg and clones. I used white Kiltz brand paint for the walls and ceiling, I stayed away from using the Mylar cause molds can creep behind it. Kiltz paint helps keep molds and mildews at bay and is sold as such. 

If money, however, was not an issue I would go with 2 tents. and some kind of table and some shelves. 

Be sure and ask us more questions so you have the best possible outcome. @Purple Power @tumbleweed @popeye!

I'd do what EK suggests. For paint color go with flat white. What type of flooring does this room have? carpet can harbor more then dirt. If possible remove it, or at least give it a very good cleaning and cover it with thick plastic once its dried. Also between grows, clean it,

Have fun with you're construction project

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

The space is in my garage and has a cement floor.   I do have air intake from a conditioned space, and exhaust to the exterior. I have my one tent elevated a few inches (pallet with cardboard) so it's not sitting directly on the cement. I like the paint idea, easy to refresh too as needed.  Thank you all for your input 

Kilz is the stuff! Be sure to get the water based product as it cures faster and with much less VOC's. The oil based Kilz will run you out of your home for a few hours at least.

Adding a pair of 2x4 or 1 2x4 and 1 4x4 or a pair of 4x4 tents (with shelves  in at least one) could really help maximize the space if the budget and lighting allow.  Lots of possibilities in 8x8 space.

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: TW8 (Blue Lime Pie x White Nightmare) cross made and KUSH OG and Pre-98 Bubba Kush.

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

My opinion would be set up two 4x4 tents side by side and use one side for veg and one for flower then you will have 4x8 of open space for a trimming space and drying lines I ran 2 4x4s for a while and it worked out great just used 4 foot t5s in veg tent and HPS in flower tent