• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rob

Organic grow with super soil

That is quite a monster, This is going to be a fun month watching this plant bloom out. Thanks for the share. 

Hi Rob, that should be a good cross.   Looking forward to watching her finish.

peace,

tw

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: TW8 (Blue Lime Pie x White Nightmare) cross made and KUSH OG and Pre-98 Bubba Kush.

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

Super soil recipe to follow? We sure would all like to enjoy some of your technics, ::):

My first time using super soil. We used to just buy new soil everytime. What a waste.

This year I had to move my holes away from the fence, I actually had mold growing in the ground last year because of poor airflow next to the fence.  So I dug out my old holes, and put all my soil from last year on the tarp. Then dug my new holes (filled up old holes with new hole dirt)

then I trenches out the fence to get some air flow under 

here is the recipe as I was givin.  I followed it exactlyish.

60 gallons of Roots organic 707. I switched from fox farm, Roots stuff is better.

60lbs Vermi worm castings ( I like to buy multiple brands and mix) 

6lbs fish bone meal 3-16-0 (anything close to this)

1 cup Dolomite lime (prilled preferred)

1/2 cup Azomite

5lbs blood meal 12-0-0 ( pigs blood is cheap, but you can sub fish emulsion, or something vegan)

4lbs bat guano 0-7-0 ( I like sunleaves Indonesian)

3/4 cup epsom salt

Add up to 25% perilite (option but don’t go to heavy or your soil won’t hold water)

my holes are about 4’ in diameter 3’ deep

Mix Up the dirt and ingredients well, wet it down damp not soaked, and cover, then stir every two weeks. It’s ready in a month. I like to plant a marigold in the super soil if it doesn’t burn it’s ready.

58A69B65-4A0F-4344-A56C-8169D7AE3486.jpeg

Edited by Rob

J x BB again

we will see how it turns out, smells like blueberry, it structure is well suited for Oregon outdoors, started flowering before the others. 

I got it as a Teen, it came from  Progressive Collective Dispensory.  They have great strains there and new stuff all the time. I missed the first drop of this cross and had to stalk it out. Turns out $80 on a teen was well worth it.  I have a Jager x White Widow I’ll share with you next! Also I like to brew some tea also be sharing that info soon also. 

707F536B-6F10-4B6E-BECC-66EA19C7E3A2.jpeg

Edited by Rob

Thanks for dropping your soil recipe here for us to share with others. Your plants show how well it is working for you. All of them are 'praying'' to the sun as should be. Your setup looks similar to mine, What do you use to cover everything with come late September?  I have sheets of glass 3 by 6 foot that I lay across the top beams.

6abf489a1f51c4878a2e715a2dc46367.jpg

Let me know when your ready to check out Notill style growing or LOS Living organic soil its gonna be a bit different then what your mixing super soil is a great start I did it myself for a while but one day man if you want I'll help you mix up a batch from scratch no potting soil 

I have just use a thick poly from the Home Depot, I know it’s not ideal but I have a huge roll of it and it’s cheap. You can see last years photo it’s a simple Aframe and I add a foot to the sides to help keep the sideways rain out

0DB28B67-88F8-4DD3-86E3-3D0FEE294435.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

a simple Aframe and I add a foot to the sides to help keep the sideways rain out

Oh, yours is better than mine, You have a peak. I like the way your sides stick out too. I use a carpet blower/dryer style fan when the rain starts up. So far  I've never 'finished a grow in Portland without getting powdery mildew, What's been your experience? Thanks for sharing with us.

0dcd34ad5687c1ec37797c9a6afc0c2f.png

I had powdery mildew bad last year. I let it get to far.  I thought it was ash from the Gorge fires. When I finally realized it was powdery, It was late september and I was deep into flower.

I used everything organic I could find, diluted  milk, diluted apple cider vinegar,  Safer 3-1, and Nukeem. I think the spraying late, caused me to have more bud rot. 

Here’s what i learned.  Any treatment or preventative program. You need three tools.  The first one I use Green Cure in vegetative stage at least once, stay away during flowering I was told or retards the flowering process.

The second I use Microbutinal, twice, once in early July and once at the end of July. People may have mixed feelings about this but it’s common practice in commercial agriculture, it’s a systemic product and it’s gone in 3-5 weeks.  Use protective clothing and face mask.

The third I tried a new product called regalia, it is a biofunguside. Use it as a soil drench and spray, split a bottle with a friend it’s $90 on eBay.  So far it’s working fantastic.

I throw in  safer 3-1 just mix it really well or it can clog sprayer and burn plants.

Here’s a few other things to battle the powdery mildew, I dug a trench next to the Fence to allow more air flow and also to help the water drain away from the garden. I moved the holes a couple feet further from the fence to help with stagnant air along the fence. I put a couple box fans out.

I think your blower fan is perfect for the job.

This year I have had hardly any powdery mildew, because I’m preventing it and spot treating the small amount I have had. Don’t be fooled it’s there, and it will always be there, here in the great northwest You must get in front of it.

63AB35C9-E16C-4B47-9D66-BCF487D3728E.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous healthy plants man good job, also a side note I have used green cure in late flower for powdery mildew and botrytis on a large scale outdoor and had good success what will happen is it will brown the hair prematurely but it helped saved a good chunk of the harvest that year I think that was back in 2013 or 2014

I have some premature brown hairs already, I’m not sure if this is from ultraviolet light?  No idea why the hairs brown early,   Maybe from the BT or spinosid I sprayed last week.

B14CFB97-AE76-472F-98B9-F0ABB4E78BCA.jpeg

This wet/dry weather is the perfect time to release some lady bugs!  The pests really like to come out after a good rain. I have one plant that has a large amount of leaf hoppers. They don’t seem to do much damage but they are annoying.

When releasing lady bugs, mist the plants a small amount of h20. It helps them stick around.  You can build them a small home with a box and holes. I use an old wine box. Add some natural sponge with water in a small dish. Put some raisins in the box.  They will stick Around longer.  If your lucky start to breed.

Exotic  Genetics  Strain

Future ( Starfighter X GG#4 )

882D7F39-13FF-4326-B2B1-5039707DF79D.jpeg

Edited by Rob

Popeyes the strain last year was Jager, this year its Jager x DJ short BB

Less tea this year. I did two teas, I should get a fungal tea going this week. At this point in the game I barely water at all. My plants are in the ground and I am on a hill so My ground stays pretty moist. I’ll keep a close eye this week with the daytime temps rising, night still stays cool.

One or two more teas left, only a light watering.  Last year I did a lot more foliar feeds with tea and I top dressed my amendments every 1-2 weeks.  This year I concentrated on preventing bugs and mold with my sprays, used supersoil, and just top dressed with some organic 5-5-5 granular, worm castings, and compost every couple weeks.

I am going for lower maintenance. 

So far no mold but the rain is coming looks like Sunday so these girls will be covered by Friday.

Edited by Rob

I almost harvested this time last year, but I battled and waited unit the 7th of October and the 15th.  Let me tell you the extra 8 days on the last plant made a huge difference. Yield was double that if any other plants. This may have been Strain specific to the Jager strain but I don’t think so. They seemed to swell more everyday. 

This picture is the 7th of October 8 days before I harvested last year.

Last year mold and catapillars forced me to harvest. This year I’m hoping to wait

for amber tricombs.

94C0A011-D66E-4CB3-ADD0-5274E8888743.jpeg

Moon phases have been used for thousands for years to sow and harvest crops.

October 7 and November 8 is the new moon here in Portland. The best time to harvest your crops is the new moon.  Doubt I’ll make it until November. 🤞