• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike

First outdoor grow

I just recently saw markings like this on about a dozen leaves.  I ordered a microscope, but it hasn't arrived yet.   Anyone know what could be causing??

20180811_100232.jpg

20180811_100208.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Aha, I've seen those cucumber beetles...i thought they were good like ladybugs.  

No they definitely eat your plants some people think there good cuz they do look like lady bugs usually in the Oregon area but when they get up in population size they can really do some damage to your foliage. As far as those go I'd recommend peppermint broners and neem oil sprays every 72 hours and just watch for them and pick them off the plant and kill them if you see them but the neem can help interrupt there reproduction and help reduce numbers as well as being generally distasteful to bugs

On 8/12/2018 at 9:31 AM, Mike said:

I just recently saw markings like this on about a dozen leaves.  I ordered a microscope, but it hasn't arrived yet.   Anyone know what could be causing??

20180811_100232.jpg

20180811_100208.jpg

Any updates? Is this still happening, Let us know so others learn at the same time. :salute:

Hey y'all,  how do I figure the correct harvest time... I'm sure it's getting close! Blue dream,  pics at 0x and 60x.

Mike 

20181001_134703.jpg

20181001_134620.jpg

47 minutes ago, Mike said:

Hey y'all,  how do I figure the correct harvest time... I'm sure it's getting close! Blue dream,  pics at 0x and 60x.

Mike 

I hope others chime in here, This is going to be a bit strain specific and a bit to do with the inclement weather, If all your white hairs are gone and most if not all your Fan leaves have yellowed and dropped then if I were looking at 7-10 days of bad weather I would plan on harvesting soon. IF however I had just fed the plant and I had rain covers placed up already, I'd try and wait until I seen amber colored trics. Say 1/3 cloudy 1/3 amber 1/3 clear.  If there is a chance someone might steal the harvest then go ahead and take it down, better to have something rather than nothing. 

At this stage of growing the calyx should be swelling up, Its is to your benefit to allow the calyx to continue to swell, thus more weight. 

Do you just have the one plant growing? (I don't need numbers) If you only have the one plant, be sure and flush with water, no more feeding. 

Let us call @popeye! over, he may know more about your specific climate.

here's some pics (below) I found years ago and my help. Also with rain have your plants covered and check them at least once a day. I check mine at least twice. besides checking if its time to harvest, check for bud rot, pm, fungus based problems are more likely now. Here's a link to last year's grow that can show and explain. It starts from cloning them indoors to harvest along with different methods.

WF When_To_Harvest_2.jpg

when_to_harvest.jpg

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

I have two plants,  the other one isn't looking so hot... long story.   A lot of the fan leaves have fallen, but there is still alot.  I didn't realize I needed to cover my plants... I'll put out my ez up, thank you!

20181001_171712.jpg

54 minutes ago, Mike said:

I didn't realize I needed to cover my plants

You can easily have your garden ruined by powdery mildew, or Bud rot if they get too wet. If you 're able to have them covered similar to this garden you'll be in great shape/

E7B2A9DA-9A0D-4D3A-B9C0-979D23701A4D.jpe

Ok,  my trichomes are roughly 40% amber. Time to harvest.   My question is what time of day? Or does it matter?  It's very wet here in the mornings...88% humidity

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Ok,  my trichomes are roughly 40% amber. Time to harvest.   My question is what time of day? Or does it matter?  It's very wet here in the mornings...88% humidity

I would have waited till about 4-5 PM to take it down.. Or late afternoon, thus getting that last day of Sun. Have fun, be sure and post photos for us. It's going to be nice for at least 4 more days. or till the 19th

It sure is a pretty day outside, I know a few folks cutting this weekend, 

PS. @Mike you did a fine job of trimming her up. Thanks for sharing with us. :2ywygih:

Announcements

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today