• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Greetings Green Thumbs. 

New Round with a new grow, so I’m starting a new thread. I will try to update this one a little more often than the last one. 

This is an outdoor grow- in my backyard. I started all plants from seed (most of them haven’t shown sex yet) I started a bunch of other seeds, but these are the ones that made it. 

Genetics: 

Beldia (Morroccan Heirloom) x 3
(Critical Impact x Hash Bomb) x 2
Toxic Healer x 1
“Alice” (Snow Dogg x Gobstopper) x 1
Omega Star (Cannabis Family Seeds) x 1 

1 plant is in a pot, the rest are in holes in the ground. 

4 of the holes are 3ft deep w/ 12” diameter
1 hole is 12” deep w/ a 3ft diameter 

Grow Medium: 

Compost + Amended Soil 

Compost: I honestly don’t know how many years this material has been composting. There was a big pile of brush/yard waste that had been composting in our backyard when we bought it. When we had the majority of it hauled away, there was a layer of fine brown composted plant matter on the ground left behind. It had the color of coffee and the consistency of sawdust. 

Amended soil- I used a base of ProMix, Filthy Rich, Earthworm Castings, Vermicompost, and Perlite, and I amended that mix with: Humic Acid, Bone Meal, Kelp Meal, Green Sand, Bat Guano, Epsom Salts, Oyster Shell Flour. (I let this mix sit and cook for a few weeks before mixing it with the compost in the ground, and then waited another couple weeks before planting the seedlings) 

Feeding Schedule: 

So far I have given them 3 applications of LABS, 1 compost tea, and, 2 feedings with ALaska Fish fertilizer. 

The plants have received 3 foliar applications of LABS, and 2 foliar applications of Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Soap. 

Along with the Bokashi and LABS, I have been trying my luck at making some FFJ’s and FPJ’s, using food/plant scraps from my kitchen and yard. I always try to mix the fruit scraps from the grocery store with at least one plant from the yard, to get some of the local microbial life in to the mix. 

Last night 6/24/18, they got their first feeding of Nectar for the Gods + Microbe Life Photosynthesis Plus 

THANK YOU to the Jedi KarrMcDebt and the PAy it Forward Family for donating the (Critical impact x Hash Bomb) seeds 

Thank You to Martin From Cannabis Family Seeds for donating the Omega Star.

Thank You to my Homie “Morganik” for donating the Toxic Healer and “Alice” 

(Toxic Healer is a High CBD strain- which usually tests at a ratio of 1:1 THC:CBd, which is a highly effective ratio for treating my specific kind of Muscular Dystrophy) 

Each One, Teach One   :vap_smiley::vap_smiley::vap_smiley:

C4_F9_F799_A49_E_4_D6_A_924_B_585_FE6_D4Last night all plants got their first feeding of the Nectar For the Gods + Microbe Life Photosynthesis Plus. 

I made a bunch of mistakes, AGAIN. 

I over corrected when adjusting the water pH, and brought the water pH down too low. So when I gave it to the plants out back, i ran the hose at the same time, hoping they would balance each other out, since the pH runs high. 

I had used bread twist ties, to tie down some of the plants to their tomato cages. When I went to untie and adjust, the top half of Beldia #1’s main stalk broke off, as well as a good sized branch from Beldia #2. 

I used a bunch of spare parts I had on hand to piece together an aero cloner (sub pump->riser->sprinkler head), and cut some clones from the Beldia #1 and Beldia #2. They are under my weakest LED lights (18/6) . Sprinkler head mister is 10min on/10min off. 

Beldia #3 just showed me his balls last night. So Beldia got me pulled and chopped up and blended in my vegetable juicer. I accidentally broke off a couple more branches of Beldia #2, while pulling 

I got some Before Pics of the Beldia #1 (before the top half broke off) 
A6215730_F915_465_C_93_C0_94_BA413_F7375

21 hours ago, Brother Will said:

Wooowy MMM ! Look'in Strong And Super Healthy ! Thank You For The Share. Peace, BW :smile:

Thanks Brother Will!! Glad to finally be growing my own Meds in my own backyard of a house I own. It’s what I have always dreamed of. 

You are doing better than me, We're not growing this year, Is your plant in the ground? I've broken main stems before, very sad, They do grow back though if you support them. I will be happy to watch yours grow. 

So far your plant looks healthy, but there are holes in the leaves. I'd put some DE around and on the  plant. It was a mild winter, so pests will be bad this year. Use Bt starting now and spray weekly. The UV from the sun breaks it down.

Here's what I do, the cage is off center and a thin. If you can get one like this

5 9 2017 new cages.jpg

These are the only cages I've ever had that survived a season. here's what those thin cages turn out during the season. Some can't handle the weight and snap and down goes your plant....and lots of added work and damage to the plant.

5 9 2017 2 broken cages.jpg

5 9 2017 victim cages.jpg

One nice thing about these cages besides not breaking is they can stand on the own

11 24 2017 Nibbler drying plant 3.jpg

11 24 2017 Nibbler drying plant 6a.jpg

Pull all the grass in your plants area. They'll steal nutes from your plant and harbor pests. There's a ton of info here. This is last years grow

https://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/14240-summer-grow-2017/

I hope you have a great growing season and the city you live doesn't decide to ban outdoor grows.

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

Thanks Purps. I like what you got there. If I need added support later on, I have dozens of bamboo stakes that I can add. 

I have been slacking on spraying the plants with the Dr. Bronner’s, but I will probably start spraying that a little more often. I was planning on getting some beneficial nematodes in there shortly too. 

Other updates: 

We finally got some Red Wigglers for our home-made earthworm bin. My buddy is supposed to come up with some additional worms this Saturday. When we go to tailgate for the Dead & Co. show in Eugene. 

We now have 1 earthworm bin, 2 compost tumblers, and 1 compost heap, out back. 

The Blackberries and Grapes are engaged in a death-match, on the roof of my shed. We have been cutting the blackberries, and pouring vinegar on the root based when we find them. This might have contributed to giving the grape vines the upper hand in the struggle, because they are now winning. 

One of our Medium sized mystery trees out back is not actually a tree, but a Monstrous Bush; and now we will have all the fresh blueberries we can eat, in the next couple weeks. (Note to self: we no longer need to plant blueberries next spring) 

Brewed a big batch of tea overnight, and gave it to the plants and food garden this morning. 

It had:
Compost (fine material from bottom of yard heap)
Liquid Kelp Meal
Bat Guano
FPJ (strawberry + leafy greens from the yard)
Molasses 

Gave all plants a foliar application of the compost tea this morning also. 

I didn’t notice many bubbles at the top of the tea this morning. Am I supposed to brew up just the compost and molasses first, and then add the other stuff after? 

I’m pretty sure i dechlorinated the water well enough, it was aerating with air stones for 2 hours before I added anything. And the ppm was in the 50’s to begin with...

2 hours ago, MedicalManny said:

Am I supposed to brew up just the compost and molasses first, and then add the other stuff after? 

I put it all in the bucket and aerate for a day or more. Try and keep it in the shade. Don't forget your pinch of Epsom salt every other watering. It's not mandatory, but it will add a bunch of things your plant likes. 

6 hours ago, EDDIEKIRK said:

I put it all in the bucket and aerate for a day or more. Try and keep it in the shade. Don't forget your pinch of Epsom salt every other watering. It's not mandatory, but it will add a bunch of things your plant likes. 

I see. I should Be aerating everything for a bit longer. I’ve only been aerating the TEA for about 14–16 hours. 

1 hour ago, MedicalManny said:

I’ve only been aerating the TEA for about 14–16 hours

Yeah, it can go 4-5 days, It just starts growing microbes which will help the plant. That compost is full of microbes, They will eat your solution and poop, thus adding those micro nutes needed.