Jump to content
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Purple Power

How Marijuana Could Help Migraine Sufferers

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

How Marijuana Could Help Migraine Sufferers

0

 

 

If you’re not sure if you’ve had a migraine, you probably haven’t. Those who suffer from the condition know a migraine is more than just a headache – it’s a multi-symptom ordeal that seriously affects a person’s quality of life.

 

Luckily, new research has revealed that cannabis can provide relief from the debilitating pain and nausea that accompany migraines without the side effects of prescription drugs.

 

How do I know if I’ve had a migraine?

 

Migraines usually progress through several stages. The first phase, prodrome, starts with neck stiffness and mood swings a few days beforehand. Some people experience flashes of light or vision loss, called an aura, just before the headache kicks in. The actual migraine is often marked by throbbing pain on both sides of the head, sensitivity to light and sound, vomiting, and blurred vision. This misery can last anywhere from four to 72 hours if it’s not treated. The final phase, postdrome, happens the day after a migraine and brings confusion, dizziness, and weakness.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

https://www.marijuana.com/news/2018/06/how-marijuana-could-help-migraine-sufferers/


gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Migraines are hellish. Once I didn't get them then my abusive ex slammed me against a exterior wall injuring my back. This gave birth to many medical problems: PTSD, chronic pain//fibro, muscle spams, and migraines......that never stopped.

 

My neck didn't get stiff with a migraine until a car wreck. A dumb kid skipping class ran a red light, t-boned my car (totaled), and broke C2. C2 is the 2nd vertebra to the skull. It's connected with C1 which is attacked to the skull. Together these two allow you to look up, down and side to side.  The ER missed it and for the next 6 weeks the migraine that was under control with cannabis shackled me in agonizing pain. I mentioned the wreck and pain to my dentist, who took 2  x-rays. He looked at them and said do you want the good news...or bad news first? I said good news. He said, " It's healing correctly." Ok, I said, What's the bad news? He pointed to the x-rays and explained how C2 was fractured from front to back on one side. He said it's amazing how well it's healed without you in a neck brace. We need to call your pcp now.  My doctor put me in a soft neck brace, and the pressure at the base of my skull and neck reduced, the pain eased. Cannabis unlocked that shackle as I healed.

 

I get migraines a few times a months. They can be from weather, I slept wrong or did something stupid (did something I know will hurt me).

 

My neck will now stiffen, then I get the aura (oddly enough usually in 1 eye) then the pain starts to build. So what do I do to get rid of them? For immediate relief, I smoke some cannabis. The strains Purple Erkle and GDP work the best for me, but I'm unable to find these clones. Then I use a cannabis salve I made with infused essential oils of Lavender, Peppermint, Tea Tree, and Eucalyptus.  I put it on my neck, temple and forehead then lay down for a hour or two. The migraine normally fades away before an hour.  When I get up, the migraine is gone.


gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2018 at 9:33 AM, Purple Power said:

Migraines usually progress through several stages. The first phase, prodrome, starts with neck stiffness and mood swings a few days beforehand. Some people experience flashes of light or vision loss, called an aura, just before the headache kicks in. The actual migraine is often marked by throbbing pain on both sides of the head, sensitivity to light and sound, vomiting, and blurred vision. This misery can last anywhere from four to 72 hours if it’s not treated. The final phase, postdrome, happens the day after a migraine and brings confusion, dizziness, and weakness.....

Man ! That Was A Perfect Explanation !

 

On 6/7/2018 at 10:09 AM, Purple Power said:

I mentioned the wreck and pain to my dentist, who took 2  x-rays. He looked at them and said do you want the good news...or bad news first? I said good news. He said, " It's healing correctly." Ok, I said, What's the bad news? He pointed to the x-rays and explained how C2 was fractured from front to back on one side. He said it's amazing how well it's healed without you in a neck brace. We need to call your pcp now.  My doctor put me in a soft neck brace, and the pressure at the base of my skull and neck reduced, the pain eased. Cannabis unlocked that shackle as I healed.

Wooowy How Neat Your Dentist Caught That Break.

 

On 6/7/2018 at 10:09 AM, Purple Power said:

 

I get migraines a few times a months. They can be from weather, I slept wrong or did something stupid (did something I know will hurt me).

Yeah I Can Agree With All You Said. I Rarely Get Them Anymore. But I Still Get These Pretty Intense Splitting Headaches And It's Like A Cross Over To A Migraine.

I Get Very Nauseated, Blurred Vision, Still Sensitive To Light And Oh Yes Sound-Glad You Mentioned These. Then You Just Wanna Die-Rubbing And

Massaging Trying To Get Some Relief. But With These On And Off Headaches Those Symptoms You've Mentioned Aren't There. Sure The Throbbing, Pain

And Sensitivity To Light And Sound Are There But Not Full Blown Like A Migraine Is. I Didn't Get A Headache Yesterday But I Get Them Almost Daily Around

Say 3 p.m. To Early Evening. First I'll Try Strong Coffee... It Sometimes Works. Say 25-30% Of The Time. Then UGGGH I Have To Take  A Gut Bleeding Amount Of Aspirin.

I'm Suppose To Take Only One 81 mg Orange Chewable-But I Got Up To 6 @ A Time-Now I Only Use 4 And Along With The Coffee I Usually Get Relief.

 

Boy Oh Boy Young Lady Aren't We The Mess ! Happy You Aren't Getting Them As Frequently-Still Getting Them A Few Times A Month Is Way Too Much.

 You're Stronger Than I Am. Have Your Migraines Been As Of Late Just As Bad As They Ever Were ?

Thanks Very Much-Great Post ! Peace, Will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Brother Will said:

Wooowy How Neat Your Dentist Caught That Break.

 

Dentist do go through medical school too

 

 

34 minutes ago, Brother Will said:

 

I Get Very Nauseated, Blurred Vision, Still Sensitive To Light And Oh Yes Sound-Glad You Mentioned These. Then You Just Wanna Die-Rubbing And Massaging Trying To Get Some Relief. But With These On And Off Headaches Those Symptoms You've Mentioned Aren't There. Sure The Throbbing, Pain And Sensitivity To Light And Sound Are There But Not Full Blown Like A Migraine Is. I Didn't Get A Headache Yesterday But I Get Them

 

Try rubbing on some salve. My recipe is on the site.  The stuff I make stops them before the nausea starts, lightens the light sensitivity and the aura. Normally, I lay on the couch while I have a purring and Kneading Moose on my belly (he thinks he's helping) as I wait for the migraine to leave.

 

34 minutes ago, Brother Will said:

 You're Stronger Than I Am. Have Your Migraines Been As Of Late Just As Bad As They Ever Were ? 

 

 

The worse they ever were was pain level 10+ that never stopped for months. They didn't lessen or stop until I became a OMMP patient. No, they haven't been this bad lately. When a new storm system moves in, I can feel them up to 6 days before they get here. I may get a stiff neck, stiffening joints and increased joint pain.  I can feel the rain on the way and normally get everything put up before it hits. I start my treatment when the first symptoms start and stop them before they get worse.


gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Purple Power said:

Dentist do go through medical school too

That's Very True-> But The Xray No Doubt Showed Up. I Have A Wonderful Dentist And She's The Only One

I've Told About All Of My Medical Conditions. I Think Dentists Should Know. Within The Mouth They're Pretty Well Versed.

Same With The Locations Where They Put The Numbing Synthetic 'Caine They Use. Now An Oral Surgeon Is Very Close To An Ear, Nose And Throat Doctor.

 

44 minutes ago, Purple Power said:

 

Try rubbing on some salve. My recipe is on the site.  The stuff I make stops them before the nausea starts, lightens the light sensitivity and the aura. Normally, I lay on the couch while I have a purring and Kneading Moose on my belly (he thinks he's helping) as I wait for the migraine to leave.

Great Idea... I've Seen Your Recipe And I'll Locate It. Thanks. Yeah My Son's GF {Both Live Here} She's Becoming An R.N. One Night She Came Upstairs To The Living

Room Where I Spend Most Of My Time... She Had A Splitting Headache.  She Doesn't Take Pills Of Any Kind And Doesn't Use Canna. She Asked If I Had Anything.

I Said Wait A Sec KnowandGrow Sent Me A Box Of Essential Oils. Oh And A {Hard Bound Book} Of What Each Did Or In Combo With Each Other. He's Such A Sweet Brother !

In TheThere Was One 15 ml Vial With A Roller Ball On Top. The Name Escapes Me ATM {I'll Ask Her} The Very Next Day She Comes Into The Living Room And 

States: I Rolled It On My Temples And My Forehead And She Said It Was Like 15-20 Minutes Later That Night Her Headache Was Completely Gone. I Was Just Amazed.

 

44 minutes ago, Purple Power said:

 

The worse they ever were was pain level 10+ that never stopped for months. They didn't lessen or stop until I became a OMMP patient. No, they haven't been this bad lately. When a new storm system moves in, I can feel them up to 6 days before they get here. I may get a stiff neck, stiffening joints and increased joint pain.  I can feel the rain on the way and normally get everything put up before it hits. I start my treatment when the first symptoms start and stop them before they get worse.

Wooow Up Until Recently I Was Only Telling My Pain Doc A 7-8 Pain Level But It Went Up To At Least A 9. Dam A 10 + That's Awful Purple !

Thankfully You Became A Patient/Had You Tried Canna Before Get Your Card ? Oh Good Your Migraines Aren't As Bad Whew !

I'm Very Sensitive To Humidity Long Before It Rains-But 6 Days Incredible. Must Be An Oregon Thing Or We Have Some Native American In Us Lol !

Been Here All My Life Save A Few Years Elsewhere. Yuck... Nothing Worse Than That Combination Of A Stiff Neck, Stiffening Joints And Increased Joint Pain.

Yep Me Too But I'm Only Sensitive Just Hours Prior To It Raining. Thankfully It Doesn't Affect Me As Harsh As It Does You. Oh Excellent... Staying Ahead

Of It/So It's Very Smart To Have Some On Hand Especially When You Have Good Days To Prepare A Batch.

 

Thanks Very Much-I Enjoyed This Post. Peace, Will/P.S. Awww That's SO Sweet Of Moose ! Awww !

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Brother Will said:

That's Very True-> But The Xray No Doubt Showed Up. I Have A Wonderful Dentist And She's The Only One

I've Told About All Of My Medical Conditions. I Think Dentists Should Know. Within The Mouth They're Pretty Well Versed.

Same With The Locations Where They Put The Numbing Synthetic 'Caine They Use. Now An Oral Surgeon Is Very Close To An Ear, Nose And Throat Doctor.

 

Great Idea... I've Seen Your Recipe And I'll Locate It. Thanks. Yeah My Son's GF {Both Live Here} She's Becoming An R.N. One Night She Came Upstairs To The Living

Room Where I Spend Most Of My Time... She Had A Splitting Headache.  She Doesn't Take Pills Of Any Kind And Doesn't Use Canna. She Asked If I Had Anything.

I Said Wait A Sec KnowandGrow Sent Me A Box Of Essential Oils. Oh And A {Hard Bound Book} Of What Each Did Or In Combo With Each Other. He's Such A Sweet Brother !

In TheThere Was One 15 ml Vial With A Roller Ball On Top. The Name Escapes Me ATM {I'll Ask Her} The Very Next Day She Comes Into The Living Room And 

States: I Rolled It On My Temples And My Forehead And She Said It Was Like 15-20 Minutes Later That Night Her Headache Was Completely Gone. I Was Just Amazed.

 

Wooow Up Until Recently I Was Only Telling My Pain Doc A 7-8 Pain Level But It Went Up To At Least A 9. Dam A 10 + That's Awful Purple !

 

Back before becoming a patient and shackled in all types of pain...would say suicide levels cause I really thought about blowing my brains outs all the time when I could think.

 

Quote

Thankfully You Became A Patient/Had You Tried Canna Before Get Your Card ? Oh Good Your Migraines Aren't As Bad Whew !

I'm Very Sensitive To Humidity Long Before It Rains-But 6 Days Incredible. Must Be An Oregon Thing Or We Have Some Native American In Us Lol !

 

On dad's side 1/8 native American....Unknown how much is in mom's side but how many ever 'Great's til me,  my great grandmother walk the road of tears as a child. I have the high cheekbones and tanning.

 

 

Quote

Been Here All My Life Save A Few Years Elsewhere. Yuck... Nothing Worse Than That Combination Of A Stiff Neck, Stiffening Joints And Increased Joint Pain.

Yep Me Too But I'm Only Sensitive Just Hours Prior To It Raining. Thankfully It Doesn't Affect Me As Harsh As It Does You. Oh Excellent... Staying Ahead

Of It/So It's Very Smart To Have Some On Hand Especially When You Have Good Days To Prepare A Batch.

 

My relatives love the salve I make. They say the stuff at the dispensaries doesn't work. When I make a batch, I have to make sure there's enough for all. They call before they come over to make sure there's some on hand.

 

Quote

 

Thanks Very Much-I Enjoyed This Post. Peace, Will/P.S. Awww That's SO Sweet Of Moose ! Awww !

 

 

 

 

Moose is an old 20lb cat that won't share me with his side kick: Nut Nibbler. He's getting to that age where cat's drool when purring. He also enjoys furring my up (head to toes) and shooting fur up my nose


gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Purple Power said:

Back before becoming a patient and shackled in all types of pain...would say suicide levels cause I really thought about blowing my brains outs all the time when I could think.

 

Wooow How True ! I Certainly Can Identify With That ! Doctors Need To Recognize Depression And Suicide Is An Extreme Form Of Stress.

3 minutes ago, Purple Power said:

On dad's side 1/8 native American....Unknown how much is in mom's side but how many ever 'Great's til me,  my grandmother walk the road of tears. I have the high cheekbones and tanning.

That's Probably About What I Might Have. I Have The Tanning For Sure. My Picture Doesn't Show My Arms. On Top Of That, I Wear More Long Sleeve T-Shirts, Flannels And

Hoodies More Than Short Sleeved Clothing And I Still Stay Tan.

 

10 minutes ago, Purple Power said:

My relatives love the salve I make. They say the stuff at the dispensaries doesn't work. When I make a batch, I have to make sure there's enough for all. They call before they come over to make sure there's some on hand.

Oh No Kidding-> Oh Doesn't That Make You Feel Great ! Nothing Like That Satisfaction Especially For Family.

Oh I Would Agree. Every Salve I've Ever Been Given Or Paid For Was Made Away From Any Disp.

Awesome... They Actually Call. SO Cool !

 

13 minutes ago, Purple Power said:

Moose is an old 20lb cat that won't share me with his side kick: Nut Nibbler. He's getting to that age where cat's drool when purring. He also enjoys furring my up (head to toes) and shooting fur up my nose

LOLOLO ! Oh Those Two Hahaha ! Drool While Purring-I Don't Know Whether To Laugh Or Feel Sorry-But It Is Kinda Funny.

Ahahaha Big Belly Here !!!  Shooting Fur Up Your Nose LOLOLO ! Oh That's SO Freak'in Funny ! Thanks Buddy That Was Out Of Sight Funny !

 

Thanks Very Much. LOL ! Peace, Will 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×