RAW Mini Tray with Lid Bundle Giveaway @ShopRPD Read more... ×
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Purple Power

Trump's budget proposes replacing some food stamp benefits with boxes of food

Trump's budget proposes replacing some food stamp benefits with boxes of food

Trump's budget proposes massive cuts to the program that provides more than 42 million Americans with food stamps.

The budget also floats the idea of new legislation that would require able-bodied adults to work or participate in a work program in order to receive benefits under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, the official name of the food stamp program.

The president's budget would reduce SNAP by roughly $213 billion over the next 10 years......

http://ktvl.com/news/nation-world/blue-apron-style-meals-for-food-stamp-recipients

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

“USDA Food Box” proposed to cut abuse of SNAP

food-box-300x169.jpg

Food bank box containing shelf-stable products.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Trump administration’s 2019 budget proposal seeks to stop the abuse of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

According to a U.S. Department of Agriculture outline, President’s Trump budget includes proposals to reform SNAP that combines the traditional EBT cards with a “USDA Food Box” containing 100 percent American-grown products.

The USDA said the food boxes would reduce waste, fraud and abuse. It would also limit opportunities for the benefits to be misused or sold off and trafficked illegally.....

https://kobi5.com/news/usda-food-box-proposed-cut-abuse-snap-71606/

How are they going to know I need special food.? Or if I have allergies?  This is ridiculous, 

This is one of the last things a low income family needs. As if worrying how to get healthy meals on the table everyday isn't bad enough. Canned food has more sodium in one can than your daily allotted amount. How is this going to help people on low income eat healthier?  Can we say high blood pressure?  I very rarely ever use canned anything unless I canned it myself. Fresh fruit and vegetable are healthier then canned. The only canned meat I can handle is tuna, and that is rare. I hope Trump doesn't make it so low income family can't buy vegetable plants, so they can grow their own healthy food. I've done this for years.

5 minutes ago, EDDIEKIRK said:

How are they going to know I need special food.? Or if I have allergies?  This is ridiculous, 

Good point. I have a food allergy, and it can kill me. It almost did a few times until I relies what it was (the reaction) and what was setting that reaction off. I have to read the labels on everything. If it should be sweet, but I don't see sugar, I can't touch it.

Announcements