• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Purple Power

MagicButter, Tincture and RSO Questions

I've been thinking for awhile now to make some tincture and RSO. I've never made either, just infused oils, butter, and salves. When making any of these, I grind and decarb the cannabis. Do I need to do this for tincture or RSO?

I plan on making both outdoors. For the tincture, I'll probably use everclear, or is there something else better? From what I've read, I should use something 190 proof.  I just got a MagicButter and plan on using it to make the tincture. There is a 4 hour and 8 hour option here. My understanding is how strong do I want to make it. I have a hot plate and I'm guessing I'll put some of the tincture in a pot and simmer, or can I use the MagicButter? I'll probably have more questions later

Thank you for you advice in advance

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

I have made contact with @bigpapa and he does own one and should be here soon to try and help out. 

this will make it simple... simply go to this link and it explains all you will need to know for rs oil. You can use the magical butter machine but you still better do it outdoors for safety sake. It's best to use a rice cooker to cook off the ethel alcohol. Here is Rick's method and i'll post another link to make it in the MB2e.

http://phoenixtears.ca/faq-about-rso/

and the other for making it in MB2e

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask aye. i hope this helps. i'll shut up now, bp

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

""patients helping patients, with no thought of gain""... The Stoned Soup Group.... https://magicalbutter.com

i do believe i have a post in here somewhere about how i learned to make concentrated coconut oil. i wish i had some bud to work with. i need to get out after the thaw to visit some old friends. Have a blessed day.

i'll shut up now

Pin-icon-1106181559.png

""patients helping patients, with no thought of gain""... The Stoned Soup Group.... https://magicalbutter.com

I too just started my adventures with the butter machine😊 appreciate any tips on achieving maximum potency, with any old weed, as opposed to the stuff they sell for $30 gram. And again thanks eddiekirk😊😊

So, after my first attempt at RSO in the MB machine I ended up with some still pretty wet green goo that I ate on a spoon of peanut butter to choke it down. It was so nasty tasting and it burned my throat going down. It kicked in about an hour later  as RSO typically does for me, and I did achieve a mild state of relaxation, not quit enough, but better than nothing or the pills they give you. Anyway, I don't know if I'm a dumb-ass, a die-hard, or a dumb-ass die-hard, but I ate that shit again with the same results : )  Then I got the brilliant idea to put the jar of RSO that I made in a hot water bath on the stove to cook off the alcohol I didn't get off the first time. The final product turned out like green grit. Again, being a thrifty girl, I don't  want to waste potentially good medicine, so I put about a 1/2 tsp of that green shit on peanut butter, still tasted fowl and burned going down. About an hour later it kicked in way better. It seems to be a Sativa, I now feel uplifted, energetic, and relaxed:angel2: if that makes any sense. Now I'm gonna go relax, and watch some murder channel (Invest. Discovery channel junkie). Thank you again EK (not sure if it's ok to tag a donor), and thanx for providing a website for patients to feel comfortable reaching out to other patients :rocks:

2 hours ago, Tomi said:

Thank you again EK (not sure if it's ok to tag a donor), and thanx for providing a website for patients to feel comfortable reaching out to other patients

It is my sincere pleasure to help. 

I'll need to do some studying here on site, cause I'm sure we have posted a way to remove the greens and waxes. 

found it, If you have specific questions about your extraction write it on the following post then our friend GW will see it and help explain things, Thanks, 

Best EK 

7 hours ago, Tomi said:

So, after my first attempt at RSO in the MB machine I ended up with some still pretty wet green goo that I ate on a spoon of peanut butter to choke it down. It was so nasty tasting and it burned my throat going down. It kicked in about an hour later  as RSO typically does for me, and I did achieve a mild state of relaxation, not quit enough, but better than nothing or the pills they give you. Anyway, I don't know if I'm a dumb-ass, a die-hard, or a dumb-ass die-hard, but I ate that shit again with the same results : )  Then I got the brilliant idea to put the jar of RSO that I made in a hot water bath on the stove to cook off the alcohol I didn't get off the first time. The final product turned out like green grit. Again, being a thrifty girl, I don't  want to waste potentially good medicine, so I put about a 1/2 tsp of that green shit on peanut butter, still tasted fowl and burned going down. About an hour later it kicked in way better. It seems to be a Sativa, I now feel uplifted, energetic, and relaxed:angel2: if that makes any sense. Now I'm gonna go relax, and watch some murder channel (Invest. Discovery channel junkie). Thank you again EK (not sure if it's ok to tag a donor), and thanx for providing a website for patients to feel comfortable reaching out to other patients :rocks:

Try using clarified butter to eliminate most of the green taste.

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

2f42e9d4a87fca6ddeddd0fbc0334c70.png

freezing can help to isolate and eliminate the wax.

California 215 compliant grow

Currently Growing: White Nightmare, Pineapple Express & Napali Pink

Lighting:  start/veg 2 - 190w LUSH Herbal Vador 2x, 2 - 435w LUSH Lighting Dominator 2x

TomiToday 7:27 AM

K guys, I'm struggling. I'm trying to make my own meds. I have issues smoking it, due to astma and copd. Funny thing, i can smoke the cigs i need to quit with minimal problems, go figure. Anyway, I think i'm not getting the decarb right in my oven, temp is off, i got a thermometer in it now so hopefully that will help. Meanwhile, i'm still strugglin with the pain and making an effective product. I've gotten my tolerance up pretty high I think since I started on edibles and RSO. In a 1 gram syringe of rso with 750 thc, i take 2 doses per day but only get 2-3 doses from a gram. I have tried to smoke it with no results. Any tips, suggestions, or like experiences.

So, I ran out of butter after yesterday, but still had some booze, so, WTF, can't be any worse than everything I've made so far.  So, today I decarb different since my oven temp is off. So far,, I like what I see as far as appearances go, it looks a lot like what I've been buying at dispensary. I'll try it before bed tonight, and let you know tomorrow