• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

l3SV

Bud rot

It's that time again here in the great pacific NW, time to battle the rot.  This year I covered my plants on any rain days.  Still got it.  Cut it off immidiately. Put it in a samich baggie and threw it away.

How do you choose to do battle?

20170923_101926.jpg

20170923_101942.jpg

Bud rot is spread by spores. Even though my plants are covered, I check every bud daily or more. I cut out anything that shows signs of it. I Spread out the buds as I look. After every cut, the scissors are cleaned with alcohol and I change gloves. After I'm done checking, I take a shower and wash my clothes. I've done this for years and I don't lose much.

gallery_2188_61_23224.png  

Classy, sassy, and a bit of a smart assy

I was out pulling off lower wilted leaves (color faded ones to yellow) that have already given their growing power back to the flowering parts of the plant when I found IT.  In the middle of a healthy top cola, there was a single wilted yellow fan leaf, where it should be fading yet.  I plucked it out finding the bud rot at it's base.  YES, it is VERY important to check each and every daily.

I have found in most cases bud rot is directly associated with caterpillars poop. Once those black spots get wet they grow the mold.  Watching for the shriveled yellow leaves and cutting out every day is a must.

I spray Monterey BT and Spinoside ONLY in the morning time From July through mid September outdoors. After that spraying your plants can actually cause mold. 

Spray to prevent, A.B.S. Always BE Spraying!